rio_banner_base_template.png

FUTURE ARENA

arena-do-futuro.jpg
526098866-general-view-of-inside-the-future-arena-of-gettyimages.jpg

rio_banner_base_template.png

kov

Jul 5, 2002
NYC
Did you just see the Brazil-Norway women's match? The Brazil goalie just made a huge difference.

Sotty

Nov 1, 2004
Westfalen
But they never save anything, literally nearly every shot attempt on target goes in

Normal save percentage for good players is around 20-25%. If a goalies has a good day it can easily go as high as 35-40%. Sometimes you can even witness some crazy 40-50% performances.

German goalie Andreas Wolff had a +50% performance in this years european championship final against spain.

kov

Jul 5, 2002
NYC
Can you help us understand what is a foul and what isn't?? I just watched my first handball match ever and it was pretty cool if confusing.

At points it kind of reminded me of rugby it was so physical. Then they whistle a foul and I'm left thinking that the foul looked like every other play. Hard to know what to look for.

fish7

Feb 11, 2012
st. louis, mo
This is one of my favorite things to watch in the Summer games. I wish it was popular in the US. We used to play this in gym class in the late '70s and it was a blast to play!

Oct 18, 2006
I love handball whenever I get a chance to see it, which isn't often at all. Here in Australia with no team at these games, I doubt we'll see more than a couple of minutes of the gold medal match.

Love the passion involved in this sport.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Can you help us understand what is a foul and what isn't?? I just watched my first handball match ever and it was pretty cool if confusing.

At points it kind of reminded me of rugby it was so physical. Then they whistle a foul and I'm left thinking that the foul looked like every other play. Hard to know what to look for.

Principally, you are not allowed to jump your opponent, grab his ball arm, hold the opponent or check him. You are, sort of, allowed to block your opponent with the body. There is travelling in handball too. Your are not allowed to touch the goal zone, defending or attacking.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
The Qatari national team is impressive

2 Montenegrans
2 Syrians
2 Bosnians
1 French
1 Egyptian
1 Spanish
1 Cuban

Qatar are a farce of a national team over a range of disciplines. They might as well rebrand themselves as Team Mercenary.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Qatar are a farce of a national team over a range of disciplines. They might as well rebrand themselves as Team Mercenary.

It's a joke really, but the biggest fault lays at the feet of the corrupt organizations like IHF who have their hands deep in Qatar's pockets.

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
660px-HandballCourtMacDonaldParkTracyCAJuly2010.jpg

...handball is a sport in which players use their hands to hit a small rubber ball against a wall such that their opponent cannot do the same without it touching the ground twice. The three versions are four-wall, three-wall and one-wall. Each version can be played either by two players (singles), three players (cutthroat) or four players (doubles).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_handball

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad