2016 Rio Olympics | CYCLING | August 6th thru August 21st

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
The cycling disciplines are sort of a once-every-4-years-sport I pay serious attention to, but they're always some of my favorite events of the Summer Games. Especially the mountain biking, road and track events. Still trying to learn more about BMX - fun to watch, reminds me of controlled chaos, but I have no idea what's going on half the time. :laugh:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
My bet for today's road race is julian alaphilippe.

Curious to see what will Sagan do on the mountain bike

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
No way that didn't hurt missing an s-curve and crashing straight into a concrete wall.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
You know, the more I watch this road race the more I realize how sadistic the course designer was compared to what I saw in Bejing and London.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
No issue with the cobble sections but such a difficult descent after 220 km was just begging for crashes. I would not be surprised if the UCI tells the IOC to get lost for the next Olympics.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
No issue with the cobble sections but such a difficult descent after 220 km was just begging for crashes. I would not be surprised if the UCI tells the IOC to get lost for the next Olympics.

And this in an Olympic race. They have to remember not every participant might be a professional.

Sotty

Nov 1, 2004
Westfalen
And this in an Olympic race. They have to remember not every participant might be a professional.

This. It is not like only some of the lesser known drivers crashed.

If they wanted such a long and mountainous curse they should have used a mountain top finish.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB

Of course, the UCI had to approved the course and run test events on it (which they did).

What you suggest is pot calling kettle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad