MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
rio_banner_base_template.png

--> 2016 Rio Canoeing Schedule <--

OLYMPIC WHITEWATER STADIUM

in-this-aerial-image-construction-continues-at-the-whitewater-stadium-picture-id508336136
rio2016-com-1.jpg

LAGOA RODRIGO DE FREITAS

Lagoa_Rodrigo_de_Freitas_11.jpg
navegue_o_rio_0001_lagoa.jpg

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Mark qualifies third in his heat - he didn't go super fast but the semi finals are in 90m so it makes sense.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Langois finished third (really close to Poland too). woo.
almost time for Adam and Mark now.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I can't watch as I have the most insane migraine and sensitivity to light and sound right now... but I guess those are decent results? Hopefully they weren't going all out, because that wouldn't bode well.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I can't watch as I have the most insane migraine and sensitivity to light and sound right now... but I guess those are decent results? Hopefully they weren't going all out, because that wouldn't bode well.

oho that is awful, I'll keep you (and everyone up to date), feel better.

I don't think they were, like, Adam even seemed like he was dropping back little to keep some in reserve. I don't even think Adam is seen as a medal contender, I think he's just here to be here. (if he wins it's of course a yay).

Langois looked good, as did Oldershaw. There's no reperchage in C/K so it's basically don't be last in heats, and then make sure you're third/fourth in the semis.

i'm more nervous about Mark (de Jong) to be honest.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Oldershaw is. 4 10th back from the top two. come. on.
now Mark is 2nd. GO GO GO MARK!

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
and he finished 4th. so we have to wait now. shoot.
B final, Mark's out.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
oho that is awful, I'll keep you (and everyone up to date), feel better.

I don't think they were, like, Adam even seemed like he was dropping back little to keep some in reserve. I don't even think Adam is seen as a medal contender, I think he's just here to be here. (if he wins it's of course a yay).

Langois looked good, as did Oldershaw. There's no reperchage in C/K so it's basically don't be last in heats, and then make sure you're third/fourth in the semis.

i'm more nervous about Mark (de Jong) to be honest.

Thanks and yeah, any time a Canadian is considered a Gold medal favorite, things always seem to get complicated.

The posture in canoe always looks so painful to me. I can't imagine trying to do it.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Adam waaaaayy back finished 6th.
not a good day for our canoe/kayakers.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Adam waaaaayy back finished 6th.
not a good day for our canoe/kayakers.

I maintain that if it wasn't for swimming, this would be a disappointing Olympics for Canada.

Thankfully swimming was awesome so Canada looks pretty good.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I maintain that if it wasn't for swimming, this would be a disappointing Olympics for Canada.

Thankfully swimming was awesome so Canada looks pretty good.

Everyone needs to be writing Swim Canada for saving their bacon - and honestly, i think everyone was surprised about that (though not the swimmers ;) )

Adam said he crabbed his paddle. just caught a wave - he said it's not an excuse. and then he said it was like he kept making a move but he couldn't get it out. basically. he's old.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Everyone needs to be writing Swim Canada for saving their bacon - and honestly, i think everyone was surprised about that (though not the swimmers ;) )

Adam said he crabbed his paddle. just caught a wave - he said it's not an excuse. and then he said it was like he kept making a move but he couldn't get it out. basically. he's old.

Yeah the COC owes Swim Canada big time. Basically the only federation that actually maximized its use of OTP. The rest show just how poorly OTP has fared after Vancouver.

Lol at the old comment. So true. He did win a medal in his prime though.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The German canoe coach, Henze, got in a serious car crash last week in Rio and sustained serious head injuries.

Sadly he passed away today.

:(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad