2016 Rio Olympics | ATHLETICS | Part II | August 12th thru August 21st | NBC/CBC | ‎

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Warner doesn't get over on his first attempt at 2.07... would be nice if he could pick up another handful of points. Needs them.

I'm disappointed in you Woof. I thought you'd be rooting for Eaton. Although I see the concern for Warner vs. Taiwo with how Taiwo has performed so far. Seems like the two of them are pretty even overall in the remaining running events and pole vault, but Warner has a clear advantage in the two remaining throwing events.

As for Eaton vs. Warner, the key for Eaton seems to be to maximize his lead in the 400m and pole vault, and try to stay close in the discus. I think he has a good chance for the gold right now.

I wonder why they don't do the team decathlon.

Best scores from each sport make the country win.

That would probably be a free gold for the US every time...

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I'm disappointed in you Woof. I thought you'd be rooting for Eaton. Although I see the concern for Warner vs. Taiwo with how Taiwo has performed so far. Seems like the two of them are pretty even overall in the remaining running events and pole vault, but Warner has a clear advantage in the two remaining throwing events.

As for Eaton vs. Warner, the key for Eaton seems to be to maximize his lead in the 400m and pole vault, and try to stay close in the discus. I think he has a good chance for the gold right now.

Ideally, I wish they were both a hundred points (or more clear) at the moment and had some seperation. The guys behind are a little too close for my liking.

Any combination of Ashton and Damian one-two is fine by me though, I love em both. Seeing Ashton go back to back as a Gold medalist in Decathlon... that'd be incredible; would be the first since Mathias in London-Helinski if you discount Daley Thompson doing it during the boycotted games. It's just seeing a Canadian do well in Decathlon, of all things, blows my mind and who knows if it'll ever happen again :laugh:

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
George into the Women's 100m hurdles final.

I think she's a little lucky that Puerto-Rico athlete knocked down a barrier and then couldn't make the next one. Also Holder went down hard in Heat 3. Too bad for her.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Scott Oake asking Holder point blank about her failed marriage moments after she falls on a hurdle in the Olympics.

Jesus.

Not a fan of Oake.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Scott Oake asking Holder point blank about her failed marriage moments after she falls on a hurdle in the Olympics.

Jesus.

Not a fan of Oake.

I don't know any of the people involved but that sounds extremely insensitive. It's hard enough to give an interview at all after such a loss; but then to be reminded of an unpleasant and unrelated outside event is even worse.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Oake has a history of being a bit aloof during his interviews.

This was just completely unnecessary. He tried to preface the question with how her Olympic qualification and performance has helped her through her personal life but it wasn't necessary at all to bring it up. Just needless and it made Holder cry on camera. If he was going for a reaction he got one, but it was a brutal way of doing it.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
I don't know any of the people involved but that sounds extremely insensitive. It's hard enough to give an interview at all after such a loss; but then to be reminded of an unpleasant and unrelated outside event is even worse.

The thing was that Holder was still in an upbeat mood even though she crashed out. She was laughing about it and mentioned that she had hit a hurdle further back.

Then Oake made a mention about her personal life and everything changed.

Stay classy, CBC.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Looks like Taiwo was around a 48.6 to 49 in the 400m. Not a great number for him. Warner can get some breathing room here with an average run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad