2016 Rio Olympics | ATHLETICS | Part II | August 12th thru August 21st | NBC/CBC | ‎

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Through 100m, Long Jump and Shot Put in the Decathlon;

Ashton Eaton 2803
Damian Warner 2708
Kevin Mayer 2699

Melissa Bishop through to the semi-finals in the 800m with the fastest qualifying time across the heats.

200m Semis go at 9pm Eastern, 8pm Central, 7pm Mountain, 6pm Pacific tonight.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Easy up guys, we are going to run the new 200m record these Olympics.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Yes. It's bad enough to do it with a team that you basically have no physical affiliation with but an athlete? :laugh:

You must feel the same way about having idols?

That athlete is representing the same country as the poster lives in(?). That's enough of a bond to share and affiliate yourself with.

Heck I'm a passionate person and I fist pump and yell at home watching the TV rooting for my team/athlete/country/idol. Maybe not everyone feels the same way but I don't think its something worth rolling eyes over.

Or maybe itis and myself (and others) just don't care to be embarrassed over it :dunno:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
You must feel the same way about having idols?

That athlete is representing the same country as the poster lives in(?). That's enough of a bond to share and affiliate yourself with.

Heck I'm a passionate person and I fist pump and yell at home watching the TV rooting for my team/athlete/country/idol. Maybe not everyone feels the same way but I don't think its something worth rolling eyes over.

Or maybe itis and myself (and others) just don't care to be embarrassed over it :dunno:

:laugh: thanks for the defense. I agree with you on all your points. i don't see why it's embarrassing, or eye rolling, or anything else, but hey different strokes, for different folks, and I simply don't care to be embarrassed about it either.

it actually was a typo, and I meant he- but even if I didn't and I wanted to associate myself with Damian Warner, why not? He's Canadian, I'm Canadian, i'm rooting for him, and 'we' can catch 'em. (Well, Him, since it's just Ashton Eaton LOL).

but whatevs.

JaysCyYoung

Jan 1, 2009
York Region
I don't expect Warner to catch Eaton, but he's well within striking distance as far as points are concerned. Still fully expect him to come home with a well-earned silver though, which would still be an incredible athletic achievement for Canadian sports.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
CBC really pushing the bromance between Bolt and De Grasse, splicing a video to make it look as though they glanced at eachother during a race. :laugh:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Robbie Grabarz came fourth but had the same score as third, how do they decide splits?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Would like to think we could get some more athletics medals but can't see it outside of Mo

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Ashton took 2 attempts to clear 1.98 and will take at least as many to clear 2.01.

Damian over 1.98. And now 2.01, first time he's touched the bar.

The Americans are going HAM in the other group. Both over 2.10 without a bar down.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Ashton Eaton down to his last attempt at 2.01 as he knocks it down again. And third time lucky.

Third time looked like an easy clearance in contrast with the first two. Just needs to keep his form more consistent. It looks like he still has a few more centimeters to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad