2016 Rio Olympics | ATHLETICS | Part II | August 12th thru August 21st | NBC/CBC | ‎

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Well, she's the fastest non-intersex 800m runner, so that has to count for something.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Too bad for Bishop.

As for the top three, I don't think it's a coincidence as to who they are. But there's nothing Melissa can do about that.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
if it were me I don't think i'd race any race without actual "lanes" (like the bunch up ones?) like Melissa kept trying to get past and she kept being blocked out. that would annoy the ever living crap out of me

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Damn that sucked for Melissa. :( She tried her best, but she had no chances against the medal winners who all looked questionable to me. Maybe if that other runner didn't keep blocking her in, she might've had a slim shot at the bronze.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Damn that sucked for Melissa. :( She tried her best, but she had no chances against the medal winners who all looked questionable to me. Maybe if that other runner didn't keep blocking her in, she might've had a slim shot at the bronze.

yah that polish girl? everytime Melissa made the move, Polish girl was like. nope. and she couldn't really get to the outside.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
To be fair, it's not exactly a controversial position to believe that Caster has a massive advantage over the rest of the field.

As was noted in the Canada thread, it has neither been proven or disproved, scientifically, with actual facts, whether it is an advantage or it is not.

In the past couple days, the amount of disgusting things I've seen said and written about her personally is not surprising, but once again, reaffirms, just how despicable people are.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
As was noted in the Canada thread, it has neither been proven or disproved, scientifically, with actual facts, whether it is an advantage or it is not.

Hasn't it been proven that testosterone has a direct impact on athletic performance? Aren't drugs to raise testosterone banned? Wasn't Castor forced to take testosterone-reducing drugs last year, and as a result her times went way down?

Also, no one has said anything despicable in this thread, so your outrage is misplaced here.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

In the past couple days, the amount of disgusting things I've seen said and written about her personally is not surprising, but once again, reaffirms, just how despicable people are.

Are we talking about the winner who has 3x testo numbers than the other competitors, her results bolted back up when they changed the rules 2015.
It's a lose lose situation, the treatment hasn't been fair for her but it isn't fair for others as well.

Hasn't it been proven that testosterone has a direct impact on athletic performance? Aren't drugs to raise testosterone banned? Wasn't Castor forced to take testosterone-reducing drugs last year, and as a result her times went way down?

Also, no one has said anything despicable in this thread, so your outrage is misplaced here.

Yes and yes.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Farah wins again!

And Mo Ahmed did much better than I thought he would. Great race by him.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
yah that polish girl? everytime Melissa made the move, Polish girl was like. nope. and she couldn't really get to the outside.

Actually it was the Bulgarian runner who was blocking Melissa in during parts of the race as they were running side by side for a while and seemed to come in contact with each other abit and she kept Melissa blocked in until the last 100m or so when she faded.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Mo is a beast, would have been nice to see prime Bekele vs Mo.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Actually it was the Bulgarian runner who was blocking Melissa in during parts of the race as they were running side by side for a while and seemed to come in contact with each other abit and she kept Melissa blocked in until the last 100m or so when she faded.

Sorry, Polish Girl!
(thanks for the correct) :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad