2016 Rio Olympics | ATHLETICS | August 12th thru August 21st | NBC/CBC |

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
the man compared these people to Nazi Germany so i've read.

Really? I didn't see that. If it's true, then screw him. I just thought that the crowd booed him because he didn't like the booing in the competition (which was classless way of booing also).

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
De Grasse is going to be my favorite sprinter after Bolt hangs them up. There is something fundamentally likeable about this young guy. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but he just has that vibe. Some athletes just do.

Malmo

Apr 6, 2008
Really? I didn't see that. If it's true, then screw him. I just thought that the crowd booed him because he didn't like the booing in the competition (which was classless way of booing also).

He said that the last time an athlete was booed in the Olympics, it was Jesse Owens in Germany. But he said that after the medal ceremony, not before. He later apologized for it.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
He said that the last time an athlete was booed in the Olympics, it was Jesse Owens in Germany. But he said that after the medal ceremony, not before. He later apologized for it.

Yeah, I tried to google it and that's what I saw too. And the intention was not to compare Brazil people to Nazi's, but the atmosphere. Which might have some legitimacy to it, since Usain Bolt also noted that he's never seen anything like what was happening to Gatlin.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Man Drouin is such a boss.

Guy obviously came in expecting to win. Did his job and moves on. No nonsense, ice in his veins. This is the kind of attitude more Canadian athletes need to have. It's the same attitude guys like Phelps have.

Also, he's obviously popular with the ladies as evidenced by all the girls asking him for selfies after his win tonight. :laugh:

Oct 18, 2006
This De Grasse kid is awesome, he was fantastic in the heats and coasted the last bit, and wasn't even puffing at the end. Dual medals?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
YES! Damian created a new Olympic Best in the 100! 10:30 in a head-wind!

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
the man compared these people to Nazi Germany so i've read.

"In 1936 the crowd was against Jesse Owens. We've not seen this since. We have to deal with it," Lavillenie said, before later apologising for the heat-of-the-moment comment

He's not really far off the mark there. Probably not the best comparison that he could have made but booing someone at the Olympics is pretty much unheard of as far as I can remember. I know I certainly noticed it when it happened.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tearful-lavillenie-booed-again-medal-ceremony-012232161--oly.html

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
On their first attempts in long jump;

Damian Warner 7.60 for 965 points
Ashton Eaton 7.90 for 1035 points

Hopefully Damian can get close to his PB of 8.06 to create more separation from the field.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Last jump: 7.67 for Damian .
he's third right now (overall), so if no one beats his time, and as a lot of people are faulting - he should be good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad