OT: 2016 Redskins Part XII: We don't need no stinkin' kicker SEAN MCVAY HIRED BY RAMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Skins need to win out. I don't think 9-6-1 does it.

Hopefully Dallas beats either Det or Tampa. Then we got can make it by winning out.

Otherwise, we need an upset somewhere.....ugh.

Yep. Just ran the ESPN Playoff Simulator, and we need either the Bucs or Giants (or both) to lose next week and win out, since I doubt TB loses to the Saints or Falcons, or the Giants losing to both Detroit and Philly.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
It stinks that they didn't get any help this weekend, but if the Redskins miss the playoffs they don't have anyone to blame but themselves. The defense blew it against Detroit (and Arizona, for that matter) and they had an opportunity to turn a tie into a win against Cincinnati.

Fortunately, the Redskins will almost certainly make the playoffs if they win out and their next two games *should* be wins, at least on paper. It would take an incredible combination of results from other NFC teams for them to miss at 10-5-1.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I'd be more mad than I am at Hopkins if kickers everywhere weren't also having the same issues. Terrible year for kickers.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
With this schedule, pretty sure most here had them written off before Mid-Dec, so that's something. With a really good D, this team would be dangerous.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Wait, didn't they just give him another 2 years? What the hell, Rams

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Jeff Fisher is going to inexplicably be hired by some inept team next season. I'm guessing the Jaguars.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Rex Ryan for DC? He's supposedly out after this year.

Bleh. Neither of the Ryan brothers strike my interest.

I would like to see a new face, honestly. Poach a linebackers coach/defensive backs coach from Denver or Baltimore and see what they can do. Sean McVay has done a great job out of nowhere, we could have a DC like that as well.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The Rams are a tire fire, but Fisher isn't a terrible coach. As weird as it sounds, you actually have to be good to set the all-times loss record (as you have to be employed for a long time). And Fisher still has an above .500 career record.

The flipside of the coin is that the NFL might have passed him by. He's definitely not at the level he was in Tennessee.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Checking odds in Vegas that Fisher gets rehired by the Rams next week

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The Rams are a tire fire, but Fisher isn't a terrible coach. As weird as it sounds, you actually have to be good to set the all-times loss record (as you have to be employed for a long time). And Fisher still has an above .500 career record.

The flipside of the coin is that the NFL might have passed him by. He's definitely not at the level he was in Tennessee.

.500 football is coin flip. Any given sunday.

Fisher's record is puffed up by 6 good seasons in his 22 year career-- 4 in a weak AFC South beating up on teams like the Texans and Jaguars at their worst, the last of which coming in 2008. The early career success was in the AFC Central against a expansion Browns, Ravens, weaker Steelers and Bengals, and the Jaguars. He was usually only competing with one decent team in his division and feasting on weak bottom dwellers. If he'd spend 22 years in the NFC East or another typically strong division he'd be well below .500, if he lasted that long. He always seemed to luck into the comfortable low-expectation markets.

His teams usually had good defenses. He benefited from guys like McNair, Eddie George and Chris Johnson. That model of relying heavily on a strong D and a good running game kind of went out the window, and with it Fisher's effectiveness.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Tom Brady throwing a tantrum on the field as usual. Takes off his helmet. Throws it on the sidelines. Nobody says ****. Biggest whiner and hothead in the game.

and another blocked FG by jumping over the center. How long before teams just start standing their centers up after the snap to catch these guys in mid-air and draw a penalty?

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Tom Brady throwing a tantrum on the field as usual. Takes off his helmet. Throws it on the sidelines. Nobody says ****. Biggest whiner and hothead in the game.

and another blocked FG by jumping over the center. How long before teams just start standing their centers up after the snap to catch these guys in mid-air and draw a penalty?

The shine from all those rings covers a lot.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Greatest winning baby of all time arguably...but yeah. I think the word is "competitor" Boston fans use lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad