OT: 2016 Redskins Part XII: We don't need no stinkin' kicker SEAN MCVAY HIRED BY RAMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Crazy. Good for Sean. He has his work cut out for him with Goff who looked totally overwhelmed this year.

Redskins lose both coordinators this offseason. I wonder how Jay is feeling knowing this next year is pretty much do or die for him.

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
Crazy. Good for Sean. He has his work cut out for him with Goff who looked totally overwhelmed this year.

Redskins lose both coordinators this offseason. I wonder how Jay is feeling knowing this next year is pretty much do or die for him.
I wonder if this buys him extra time. Particularly if the Redskins struggle early, but they right the ship towards the end of the year

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Sounds like Jay is going to be calling plays now. I think you have to franchise Kirk now. See how if he can still put up numbers away from McVay

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Big deal. Hope they get him but there are multiple factors at play. Primarily the status of his son, Wes. Cooley said last week if McVay got the Rams HC job that he would make Wes OC and Wade would be DC. John Keim and others have said the new Skins OC would come from within. If Wes gets promoted to OC in DC then odds are Pops becomes the DC in DC as well.

Callahan and Cavanaugh also have significant OC experience.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Skins could lose their top 2 options for DC real quick unless they pull the trigger on either Phillips or Bradley.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So we could conceivably go into the season without last year's DC, OC, QB, WR1, WR2, and with a bunch of turnover on the defensive side of the ball. Jay and Scot have their work cut out for them.

Side note: the DC job is going to be a tough sell. Not a lot of talent to work with, you'd be the 3rd different DC under this HC, and the HC will start the season firmly on the hot seat so this might be a one and done experience.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
You remember that 1980 game against the Dolphins? That was insane

Best football game I've ever seen hands down. That game was simply incredible. I will always remember that iconic image of his teammates having to carry Kellen Winslow off the field because he had left it all out there.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Skins get 2 trips to LA. And 1 will face old buddy McKay and a Wade Phillips led defense. Will be interesting.

Based on Cooley calling Wade to LA if McKay gets the job that means Wes is going to LA to be the OC. So the Skins have to replace a number of coaches. Not optimal with so many holes to fill on the roster. Going to be a busy off season.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Pettine best option at this point.

Bradley still in play. He helped McClouhan build the Legion of Boom. I want Bradley.

When Pete Carroll returned to the NFL seven years ago, he didn’t just want to prove he could win in a league that had fired him twice. The Seattle Seahawks coach had grander thoughts, and at the top of his list was the desire to turn a lifetime of defensive knowledge into a sustainable championship system.

To accomplish this, he needed a defensive coordinator to help him develop, translate and teach all these loose thoughts.

He found that coordinator nervously waiting in limbo as power transitioned from fired coach Jim Mora to Carroll: Gus Bradley.

The first thing you need to understand about Bradley, who interviewed Wednesday to run the Washington Redskins’ defense, is that he was the most important lieutenant in engineering the most influential defensive creation in this pass-centric era of the NFL. And Bradley did it while learning Carroll’s mismatched concepts on the fly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...db6974-d8fe-11e6-9f9f-5cdb4b7f8dd7_story.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad