OT: 2016 Red Sox/MLB Regular Season III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Maybe i missed your point but in this situation, we shouldn't be selling.

Yeah, I'm with you and TTH

unless there is some point I'm missing....I don't think it went over TTH's head at all. Mike, Are you trying to draw parallels between the Yankees situation and the Red Sox and are you implying they should sell? That's what it seems like.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
And btw, i think real fans in boston DO understand when it's necessary to sell. Last season for ortiz and you're in the mix...you go for it (within reason).

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I hate ryan hanigan. Ya he ultimately made that play but no need for him on this team

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
**** it's the Bruins forum guys. The. Bruins. Forum.

Where we discuss the Bruins primarily.

The. Bru. Ins.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I see, I too have a fresh buzz cut :laugh:

Forgot they existed tbh, they haven't done anything too dumb in a little bit ;)

That bottom of the 1st will be the most bizarre half inning played this year btw

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Skaggs looks legit. He's got better stuff than a lot of guys. Wow is he impressive

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Skaggs looks legit. He's got better stuff than a lot of guys. Wow is he impressive

i felt awful for him, he made it up to the bigs at such a young age and then ran into some shoulder and elbow issues

He was absolutely dominant in his rehab and was dominant in his first start back. I guess he feels like he has some making up to do. He's taking it out on the sox now.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
In it for long term not this year

He was comparing what DD face in Detroit compared to Boston. Detroit has on owner who is 87 years old and wants to win now because he never has as Tigers owner.

Only pressure on Sox now is to be competitive.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
In fairness to Cherington, the market is night and day. Cherington did well to get Rodriguez from Baltimore. Top of the rotation starters and top relievers are fetching more now than they did 2 seasons ago. The Yankees are simply taking advantage of the sellers market that wasn't there when the Sox were sellers 2 seasons ago.

Don't see it that way. Dramatic overpays have always happened and it's a "sellers market" basically every deadline. Pretty logic considering that only like 7 teams are definitely out of the playoff hunt at the mid point of the season. (that's why I would embrace moving the deadline back a couple of weeks to mid august).

Cherington was about to botch all 3 major trades. Dombrowski admitted himself that they were close to an agreement for a much lesser package than what Baltimore coughed up at the last minute. Congrats for holding out, but that deadline could and frankly should have gone much, much better.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Seriously?

That whole "we don't have a better option as a 6th starter" reasoning I heard earlier is such bs. Relying on Buchholz to get you through a spot start is no different from relying on any AAA pitcher at this point. Either way, you're just praying for the best and hoping your bullpen can take over in like the 5th inning with the game within reach. We don't need Buchholz.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Seriously?

That whole "we don't have a better option as a 6th starter" reasoning I heard earlier is such bs. Relying on Buchholz to get you through a spot start is no different from relying on any AAA pitcher at this point. Either way, you're just praying for the best and hoping your bullpen can take over in like the 5th inning with the game within reach. We don't need Buchholz.

We asked for a box of baseballs and a tub of double bubble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad