OT: 2016 Red Sox/MLB Regular Season III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Sox get Aaron hill from the Brewers in exchange for Aaron Wilkerson and Wendell Rijo per Tim Britton on Twitter

Would have liked Wilkerson to get a look up here considering how bad everybody else has been towards the back of the rotation, but I think they really wanted a right handed infielder to platoon with Shaw

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Exactly the kind of guy they need really. Having a good year too. I like it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah it was pretty clear they didn't think Wilkerson had the stuff to get guys out, especially in the AL

Wouldn't shock me to see him do relatively well in the NL though- he clearly has good pitchability. It comes down to whether or not he can command his fringy arsenal in the majors. It's been easily good enough in the minors but he's going to have to get by with legitimate paint if he wants to be a big league starter. The fastball comes in high 80's, the secondaries are alright....there is no true out pitch though.

Regardless, I'm rooting hard for him. I love stories like him. Never got drafted, never got signed as an undrafted guy. Just packed his **** and dominated the Indy leagues for a little bit and then capitalized on his break at every level so far

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Solid trade, exactly what they needed.

Wouldn't surprise me if the trades for pitching in the near future would be in the same mold. Tough to get a grasp on DDo yet, but I doubt he has any interest in trying to make this a quick fix. The top 4 (honestly top 5 with Kopech) should be put off-limits...at LEAST Benintendi and Moncada.

If I have to think about names, I can see them dealing Owens+ (some team will be willing to gamble on him) for a rental like Hill.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Saw the headline " Red Sox acquire Hill " on TSN and thought the Sox had picked up Rich Hill from Oakland. Oh well - maybe that will come later. :(

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Another thing on Hill- just checking out his spray chart it is easy to see how the sox identified him as a good fit for Fenway. He has pulled almost all of his homers over the course of his career. Dead pull pop.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Nice move, but we drastically need to acquire at least another competent arm for the rotation.

Send Clay to the Senior Men's weekend charity ball league, where even if he throws 6.00ERA games, he still will raise money for a good cause.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kopech made what I believe was his 2nd start of the year last night

Had an immaculate inning and hit 103 on the gun.

As a starting pitcher.

We've got baby Thor in the system.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Well then, didn't realize Toronto has jumped ahead of us. A sweep of horrific Tampa would be ideal but I'd settle for winning another series.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Kopech made what I believe was his 2nd start of the year last night

Had an immaculate inning and hit 103 on the gun.

As a starting pitcher.

We've got baby Thor in the system.

Hopefully Dombrowski leaves him alone. Along with Moncada, Benintendi, Devers..

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Joe Kelly got bumped to tomorrow for the Spinners, but it looks like Brandon Workman will be going for an inning or two tonight in his first live action since 2014 (TJ surgery). I forgot all about this guy. Not counting on much, but if he could give us anything at all this season it would be a bonus.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Last report I saw on him he was in the mid 80's. It was pretty early on in the process of coming back while he was in XST (probably a month or two ago) though so I hope he can get the FB back. He'll need that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Michael Martinez got acquired from the Indians for cash. Per Cotillo on Twitter

He's a bench utility guy that can play 2B/3B and the OF. Has played some SS in the past. Switch hitter.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Starting to make me wonder about Shaw or even HamRam to be honest.

Hill's spray chart is similar to Mike Lowells- he's tailor made for Fenway. Not that Shaw isn't or anything- but I could see how a team would want him in a bigger trade

Or they just want the depth idk

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
OK Dave Dombrowski - you've strengthened the bench now how about doing the same for the starting rotation ????

Probably a lot of teams interested in pitching. If you're out of it, right now you'd be asking sox for top prospects. As deadline approaches, maybe you end up having to settle for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad