OT: 2016 Red Sox/MLB Regular Season III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Random thought in the wake of Miley getting traded for pretty much nothing. Why is Elias still starting in AAA? Not counting coming in for the rehabbing Kimbrel as a relief appearance. But he's 27. I think the ship may have sailed on him being a major league starter. But he could be a lefty reliever.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
apparently buchholz has discovered that his arm slot had been dropping (probably compensating for injury) and is making adjustments getting it back to where it was in 2013 (saw it on Speiers Twitter)

Looked good today. They are apparently asking for a real return for him as Heyman tweeted the Marlins asked but the sox were looking for too much

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
apparently buchholz has discovered that his arm slot had been dropping (probably compensating for injury) and is making adjustments getting it back to where it was in 2013

Looked good today. They are apparently asking for a real return for him as Heyman tweeted the Marlins asked but the sox were looking for too much

Sounds just as stupid as us persisting with Hanigan. Addition by subtraction knowing he won't ever pitch for us again. Any prospects are OK with me get someone who was once highly touted but has stalled at AA or AAA or something you never know who will pan out.

Bucholz is kind of a ******** too and looks like a strung out meth addict. I sat first row of the bleachers behind our pen Wednesday and didn't like his body language walking around nothing specific but he definitely carries himself differently than Robbie Ross who is a team first guy.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Um robbie ross doesn't exactly look like the most stable guy, if we're gonna play that game

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
buchholz is a pretty introverted guy, when he is down on himself it shows in his body language. I don't think that necessarily makes him a bad teammate, he usually is pretty accountable.

Conversely when he's gaining confidence it also shows- he throws the ball with more authority and doesn't try to be too fine. You can tell he liked the way he was throwing today, hopefully it continues if he is not moved soon (although I wouldn't necessarily rule out an August deal with him)

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Nooooooooooo!

I don't think we'll get him. Heyman already tweeted that the Yankees higher ups aren't too fond of helping us out. But there shouldn't be that kind of dislike on our part. He'd be a HUGE upgrade at a weak position for us. We can't realistically expect that type of upgrade at any other spot on our roster besides LF unless we give up a top prospect, which a rental corner outfielder wouldn't require.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
I don't think we'll get him. Heyman already tweeted that the Yankees higher ups aren't too fond of helping us out. But there shouldn't be that kind of dislike on our part. He'd be a HUGE upgrade at a weak position for us. We can't realistically expect that type of upgrade at any other spot on our roster besides LF unless we give up a top prospect, which a rental corner outfielder wouldn't require.

His bat might be an upgrade, but his defense is atrocious.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
What's not to like about Beltran? His production with the bat is still capable and we can hide him in LF.

I know both teams usually don't deal with each other, but hey, we traded them Drew a few years ago. Yanks owe us one ;)

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Red Sox catching a break as they are already in Seattle and the Mariners are still playing in Chicago after blowing a 3 run lead in the 9th.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
George Ofman ‏@georgeofman 8m8 minutes agoChicago, IL
Whitesox and Redsox still actively talking trade. Not certain it's for Sale.

Hold your breath. it just might be RP-talk, but it's Dombrowski. Not sure the WSox are all serious about dealing Sale, but there have been so many reports...that it cannot be ruled out entirely.
I can also see the Rangers making a move. They definitely have the ammo in Gallo, Brinson and Mazara. Texas HAS to feel the pressure of finally winning a WS with that core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad