Prospect Info: 2016 Ranking #10

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
For Geertsen and Nantel I don't really disagree. It's true one didn't really get better or worse. I'm just explaining why there's a difference in perception. I didn't have Geertsen that high last year nor Nantel that low. So it's close for me. Nantel might have a slight bit better shot of being an energy forward but if Geertsen makes it will be more valuable.

Boikov and Geertsen are in that boat of Mironov as bottom pairing guys. It's just a higher bar for me, I only see Meloche as having top 4 upside in our system and Clurman is too soon to tell.

I just don't see a small forward having a real chance while Roy is here. Grimaldi was brought in because he was a hero in SA in the past. Sure he has the possibility to prove me wrong but I remain skeptical. I don't think he has top 6 talent, he would be in that energy role too at best.

What is limiting those guys to a bottom pair ceiling? Points are the big difference between top6 and bottom6 forwards, but it's not that simple for Dmen.

How does Grimaldi not have top6 talent? He is a tremendous skater with high end puck skills. It's obviously unlikely he makes it that high, but I don't see how anyone can say he doesn't have the talent.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I just don't see a small forward having a real chance while Roy is here. Grimaldi was brought in because he was a hero in SA in the past. Sure he has the possibility to prove me wrong but I remain skeptical. I don't think he has top 6 talent, he would be in that energy role too at best.

I don't think Grimaldi will make the NHL without being a top 6 player (a big reason I don't think he will be an NHL player). He is really all about his puck skills, creativity, and IQ. That can allow him to play some defense, but there are better players for those roles all throughout the NHL. Grimaldi will either make the NHL based on his offense, or stay as an AHL top line player.

If I was rating the whole organization on pure puck skills, Grimaldi would pretty damn high on that list. Maybe top 6 (MacK, Duchene, Rantanen, and Barrie are clearly better... after that it gets fuzzy for the next 4-5). He is REALLY good with the puck. He is just so damn small. If he was even 5'10" he wouldn't have been traded by Florida. As he stands, I don't even think he is 5'6".

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I don't think Grimaldi will make the NHL without being a top 6 player (a big reason I don't think he will be an NHL player). He is really all about his puck skills, creativity, and IQ. That can allow him to play some defense, but there are better players for those roles all throughout the NHL. Grimaldi will either make the NHL based on his offense, or stay as an AHL top line player.

If I was rating the whole organization on pure puck skills, Grimaldi would pretty damn high on that list. Maybe top 6 (MacK, Duchene, Rantanen, and Barrie are clearly better... after that it gets fuzzy for the next 4-5). He is REALLY good with the puck. He is just so damn small. If he was even 5'10" he wouldn't have been traded by Florida. As he stands, I don't even think he is 5'6".
Why wouldn't he be standing when you measure his height? :sarcasm:
Sorry couldn't resist. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad