2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion - June 24, 25 (Not a Matthews-Laine Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
If any one of those players are in your top 6 in this current version of the NHL, your not a good team. People fail to realize the old NHL is nothing like the new one after the removal of obstruction, it's almost as if some fans weren't born then/started watching pre-rule changes.
Young Tucker and Corson would be fine in post-obstruction NHL and could play on 2nd lines, they were both very talented players. Domi is actually a good 4th liner in this age, for an enforcer, he actually could play and be put on the 3rd line if injuries dictated it.

As for DeBrincat, you can only have so many undersized players. I'm fine with him at 30/31, but I don't think its the best move, as I'd prefer Benson or Katchouk. Long term we probably need a high-iq, gritty and well-rounded LWer for the top line. Debrincat may be a good 2nd liner with Nylander, but I'm not sure if he is ideal for that. Obviously if you have him in the early 20's and he's left you take him, but I think we may have our quota of the undersized but skilled guys, at least when it comes to our top 3 picks. I would be interested in a short (but not really undersized guy) Mascherin at 31 if the guys I listed are gone, and would 100% take him at 57 or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad