2016 NHL Draft - The Shark Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
If the B's do manage to get Chychrun and call Florida, something on the Bruins side would likely have to be added as Chychrun is not a proven asset at all and Ekblad is. Then you have the fact that Ekblad has already burned through his ELC and Chychrun would have 3 more years of his ELC. I can't see anything alluring about that proposal if the players are comparable which IMO they are.

Panthers aren't going to sell a #1 overall pick who has exceeded expectations for a prospect just because he is from SFL.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
This list will change alot since Button don't rank players he haven't seen enough, but nice to see Samuel Girard that high. He his small but skating, IQ and evasion skill are sky high. If you have the chance to watch a Shawinigan Cataractes game keep an eye on him. He is really good.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
Love this thread. I also think if the Bruins are out of it by mid-season we could see some players moved and more draft picks/prospects acquired. 2016 should be another interesting draft for Bruins fans.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
This list will change alot since Button don't rank players he haven't seen enough, but nice to see Samuel Girard that high. He his small but skating, IQ and evasion skill are sky high. If you have the chance to watch a Shawinigan Cataractes game keep an eye on him. He is really good.

Makes me miss Jon Girard. That kid had such a bright future in the NHL. :cry:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I was in Ottawa this weekend and went to see Gatineau's home opener against Rouyn-Noranda. Was hoping to see Jeremy Lauzon play but I guess he was hurt.

Gatineau had a Russian kid (I assume) named Vitalii Abramov. Looked like a left shooting Samsonov. His line was dominant be he was the standout. Just one game but he may be a player to watch.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Gatineau had a Russian kid (I assume) named Vitalii Abramov. Looked like a left shooting Samsonov. His line was dominant be he was the standout. Just one game but he may be a player to watch.

According to the hockeydb site he's a little guy and is listed as 5 foot 9 and 170 lbs. He does have 7 points ( 3 G and 4 Ass ) and a +6 in only 2 games this season.

image.jpg

Wonder Boy

Cam 'n' Cam
Mar 25, 2004
Ancaster, Ontario
I was in Ottawa this weekend and went to see Gatineau's home opener against Rouyn-Noranda. Was hoping to see Jeremy Lauzon play but I guess he was hurt.

Lauzon was in the B's rookie tournament in Buffalo and now he is in full training camp with the Bruins.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Selfishly I wish for Meier to be sent back to Halifax by the Sharks for as much as I love this team, my boys in for a long season being so young and inexperienced

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Day has shown flashes of brilliance, but not with the consistency needed from a possible (as some opinions would have it) top ten NHL pick. Day is an effortless skater who can get up and down the ice with relative ease which has led to a few Paul Coffey comparisons (Day also compares himself to the Hall of Famer). He can carry the puck up ice with confidence and poise a la Coffey and like Coffey, he thinks offense first but can get caught up ice. His elite skating, however, allows him to get back more often than not. Day can throw a big hit but his physicality isn’t where it should be considering his size. Too often he shows a lack of interest or desire to battle along the boards for pucks.

There is no doubt Day can be an exceptional offensive catalyst with elite skill. He needs to work on his decision making skills by learning when to pinch or join the rush and not always being reliant on his skating to get back to the defensive zone. Instead of going end to end he could simply better read the play in front of him and dish off to a teammate, that way he would not get caught up ice. In the O-zone he has the ability to get pucks through lanes or find the seams but needs to do it on a more consistent basis.

http://ohlwriters.me/2015/09/19/sean-day-mississauga-steelheads-player-profile/

OHL Writers has temporarily moved to above site

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Watching that little video I only had worries of his mental/committment to his game. He plays like he knows he can over power players with his skating. Hopefully he is aware of bad habits that could come up.

I think this is where coaches and management can lead him to be the best he can. Him or any of the youngsters in the game. :handclap:

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Girard was name player of the week in th Q with 5 assists in 2 games, got 7 in 4 games since the start. I saw the only game where he didn't register any pts and he sould have had a couple primary assist if two teamate had not miss wide open net. He kinda remind me of Scott Niedermayer the way he play, so damn fast and incredible edge work with strong IQ but really steady and he's not playing more offense than defense wich is suprising considering his gifts at that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad