2016 NHL Draft - The Shark Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
If he is indeed ahead of Ekblad I'd pick him #1! An instant franchise defenseman would be a nice auto-correct for aging Chara, Hamilton trade, and poor drafting for five years leading to Cross finally next in line, or nearly.

Dreaming now, but drafting #1 and #2 would also fis the Bruins in a matter of 30 seconds.

That's all good but Matthews is ahead of Eichel, and Eichel is undoubtedly better than Ekblad. You can't draft for need when you pick that high.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Imagine drafting both Chychrun and Sean Day.

Building from the back-end going forward, the Bruins would be stacked.

I would hope Chychrun+the best forward, our D prospect pool is only missing that elite potential prospect, it has everything else and lots of it.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Imagine drafting both Chychrun and Sean Day.

Building from the back-end going forward, the Bruins would be stacked.

Sean Day's draft stock seems to be dropping some. I like all the tools but when you read that people question his hockey IQ that's a major red flag. I'll be curious to see where he ends up in the pre-draft rankings next spring and how he progresses this year.

Chychrun is an absolute beast and I hope the B's manage to land him.............. with San Jose's pick. :naughty:

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Sean Day's draft stock seems to be dropping some. I like all the tools but when you read that people question his hockey IQ that's a major red flag. I'll be curious to see where he ends up in the pre-draft rankings next spring and how he progresses this year.

Chychrun is an absolute beast and I hope the B's manage to land him.............. with San Jose's pick. :naughty:

So you are saying Day would be better suited to play in CJ's system :sarcasm:

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I don't believe San Jose is going to be a lottery team. They have good players still. There some pride there. I think they'll make the playoffs easily. We can only wish for a top 5 pick. They've acquired some decent players.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't believe San Jose is going to be a lottery team. They have good players still. There some pride there. I think they'll make the playoffs easily. We can only wish for a top 5 pick. They've acquired some decent players.

Anaheim, Calgary, La, if they arent' a top3 in their division they won't make the playoffs.
Central is just deadly and SJ is lucky to be in Pacific.

Zac Rinaldo*

That's all good but Matthews is ahead of Eichel, and Eichel is undoubtedly better than Ekblad. You can't draft for need when you pick that high.

yeah. you have to take matthews with the first pick or trade down for a king's ransom

Zac Rinaldo*

Is he the best player on draft day?
I'd say there's a good chance he isn't.

lJZLbVo.gif

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

You follow European games a lot?
You watch Laine for example, 6'4 210lbs Rw who is pretty much the best player on ice in every game he plays, and against men, he's also 8 months younger than Auston, -97 vs -98.

Zac Rinaldo*

You follow European games a lot?
You watch Laine for example, 6'4 210lbs Rw who is pretty much the best player on ice in every game he plays, and against men, he's also 8 months younger than Auston, -97 vs -98.

i don't watch liiga, but have been told by people i trust that laine is still more of a project player at this point despite his ranking

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
i don't watch liiga, but have been told by people i trust that laine is still more of a project player at this point despite his ranking

How is he a project? compared to let's say other top5 guys and have your people watched him now.

And shouldn't it be great that he's already one of the best players on ice (between both teams) in every game while being a project?

Last edited:

Zac Rinaldo*

How is he a project? compared to let's say other top5 guys and have your people watched him now.

And shouldn't it be great that he's already one of the best players on ice (between both teams) in every game while being a project?

i haven't seen laine play.

i doubt with everything in me that he is as good a hockey player as matthews is, who i have seen play.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
i haven't seen laine play.

i doubt with everything in me that he is as good a hockey player as matthews is, who i have seen play.

Are you feeling like that because Pulju/Laine aren't NA players?
You should watch him he is a beast, think about it, 6'4 210lbs -98 born Rw who has elite talent(potential) for scoring and is one of the best players on ice in men's games, and my question was that will Auston be the best player on draft day.

Pulju is the one that I'd want the most if we can't land Chyhcrun, he seems like a perfect fit for Bruins.

Zac Rinaldo*

i think that auston matthews would have been the 2nd best player in this year's draft had he been eligible. he is an nhl player right now.

i don't watch much liiga but i see 10-15 shl games live every year and i'm a long time brynäs fan.

i think that auston will undoubtedly be the best player available on draft day. one player who i think will rise in stock is max jones, who imo, is the 2nd best forward in the draft class.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
i think that auston matthews would have been the 2nd best player in this year's draft had he been eligible. he is an nhl player right now.

i don't watch much liiga but i see 10-15 shl games live every year and i'm a long time brynäs fan.

i think that auston will undoubtedly be the best player available on draft day. one player who i think will rise in stock is max jones, who imo, is the 2nd best forward in the draft class.

No you're ignoring us Finns completely :laugh:
Pulju/Laine will and should be the 1st winger called 2016.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
i no like suomi player :D i'm sorry!

I'm sure we'll end up with him and you become his #1 fan :laugh: :laugh:,
it's tough to say these things about Laine because he plays for Tappara and I played for Ilves, it's like Ilves(Boston) and Tappara(Montreal). :shakehead :laugh:

From Pronman's newest list:

2. Jesse Puljujarvi, RW, Karpat (Liiga)

Puljujarvi had one of the best 16-year-old seasons ever in Finland’s top league, up there with Aleksander Barkov's performance. He also had one of the greatest WJC performances ever by a triple under-age player. The best word to describe his game is “excitement,” because every time he’s bringing the puck up the ice, you think a goal is seconds away because of his high-end combination of size, speed and skill. Puljujarvi has a flair for the spectacular from close in and possesses a fantastic shot to finish from medium distances.

I've said it few times but Pulju should be a perfect fit for Bruins.

Last edited:

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
Would anyone agree with swapping Chychurn for Ekblsd if we got him? The Florida boy appeal could be alluring for them. I'm not sure who is better but just a thought.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Would anyone agree with swapping Chychurn for Ekblsd if we got him? The Florida boy appeal could be alluring for them. I'm not sure who is better but just a thought.

If the B's do manage to get Chychrun and call Florida, something on the Bruins side would likely have to be added as Chychrun is not a proven asset at all and Ekblad is. Then you have the fact that Ekblad has already burned through his ELC and Chychrun would have 3 more years of his ELC. I can't see anything alluring about that proposal if the players are comparable which IMO they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad