2016 Memorial Cup: May 20-29 in Red Deer, AB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
1-0 BDN six minutes into the third period .. if result holds, RD advances to Friday semi-final with a ROU-BDN tie-break tomorrow.

Second period highlights:

jjyay

Apr 11, 2011
This is not what Brandon needs, more hockey to play tonight before (ideally) playing another game tomorrow, then another game the next night

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
RD advances to semi-finals with game headed to OT .. BDN needs a win to force a tie-break vs ROU tomorrow, else it's a RD-ROU semi-final on Friday.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
This is not what Brandon needs, more hockey to play tonight before (ideally) playing another game tomorrow, then another game the next night

Well, that's a lot of hockey, not to mention none of the games are going to be rollovers.

If they make it as far as Friday, they'll be gassed during/near the end of that game.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not sure who will win the OT, but this is not the Brandon I saw earlier this year. They lack spark. Not sure just what. But Red Deer look like the better team to me. I wonder if they will put Brandon out of their misery in OT. Can see Red Deer putting up a better fight against London if they make it to the final game.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Rebels win in OT.

Home crowd loving it. Big congrats Rebels!

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Brandon was very unimpressive all tournament. Got outplayed in every game.

jjyay

Apr 11, 2011
Nice goal, and nicely down Red Deer, not many saw them winning 2 out of 3.

But that celebration - they know this was just a round robin game right?

JA

I didn't watch tonight's game. How was Nolan Patrick tonight and throughout the tournament?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Didn't see Brandon getting eliminated out of the round robin. Not at all.

Me neither. This is why junior hockey is awesome!

Great hockey from the Rebels! Love this tournament.

Knights obviously favourites to win but what a great story for the hometown Red Deer Rebels.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I didn't watch tonight's game. How was Nolan Patrick tonight and throughout the tournament?

Pretty unimpressive. I mean I know it's a small sample size and everything - and his team (including high profile 18/19 year olds) got seriously outplayed. But I won't sugar coat things.

To be kind, he was the WHL playoff MVP...so one of the guys that got them there. But still...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad