2016 Memorial Cup: May 20-29 in Red Deer, AB

Status
Not open for further replies.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Very good analysis.
The game would have been different if Red Deer managed to score early on.

Well done.

I think it would have been different if they scored early on, and then in the middle, and then a whole bunch of times at the end.

But I could be wrong.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You're persistent, I'll give you that much.

Red Deer took 1 penalty in the 2nd. So much for that theory.

Game was never close. 3-0 after 1 and then 6-0 when London finally let off.

Yes final shot totals were close, thanks to half of Red Deers entire total coming in the 3rd when the game was already over and with the big line sitting on the bench.

Some of us watched the game. Are you disputing Red Deer didn't start the first 10 mins very well? They came out hitting, they forced Parsons to make saves, and they hit a cross bar on what would have been the opening goal of the game. The PIM I am referring to was the selfish PIM Fleury took on Tkachuk at approximately the 13 mins mark of the 1st period. Berisha scored seconds later. Which turned the momentum of the game around. I think we all know what the boxscore looked like. But if you had watched the entire game, the game was close until that Fleury penalty which give Tkachuk credit drew him into.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hopefully this long break London is having won't mess them up.

If they lose, I doubt that'll be the cause. They've swept three team in the OHL playoffs so they are used to a long layoff period before the next match kicks up. Besides, it was a longer layoff to start the memorial cup as well.

If they lose then its because the other team played better. There should be no excuses.

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
Some of us watched the game. Are you disputing Red Deer didn't start the first 10 mins very well? They came out hitting, they forced Parsons to make saves, and they hit a cross bar on what would have been the opening goal of the game. The PIM I am referring to was the selfish PIM Fleury took on Tkachuk at approximately the 13 mins mark of the 1st period. Berisha scored seconds later. Which turned the momentum of the game around. I think we all know what the boxscore looked like. But if you had watched the entire game, the game was close until that Fleury penalty which give Tkachuk credit drew him into.

So the game was close for 10 minutes?

I watched the entire game, as did many others. It wasn't close.

I don't know you, and don't know if going against the grain is your schtick, so I'll just chalk it up to a difference of what we think a close game entails.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
cant wait to see London in the finals. They've been hammering on everyone while not playing their top line as much as they could. The team will completely dominate when playing that line every other shift instead of resting them once they have the big lead

Nothing left after the finals and no need to rest, so I expect the dominance to increase

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
cant wait to see London in the finals. They've been hammering on everyone while not playing their top line as much as they could. The team will completely dominate when playing that line every other shift instead of resting them once they have the big lead

Nothing left after the finals and no need to rest, so I expect the dominance to increase

I'd really like to know how many time Marner was on the ice against RN. Wouldn't be surprise if it was close to 30 min.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm baffled why Colorado traded bleakly, then factor in Arizona possibly passing him up as well

Basically; the head scout (who was later fired) sold Bleackley to Roykic as a great character guy, a la ROR, even though they wanted someone else...and then Bleacks saw his off-the-ice questions pop up after showing up to his first camp out of shape, which (alongside his injuries) caused the team to lose faith in him and Pracey to be fired. So when Roykic felt the need to make a run at Boedker, Bleackley was seen as expendable; especially with Compher having been acquired in the ROR trade.

...although Kyle Wood is the part of that trade that hurts the most for me. Even if he never learns to "play his size" that shot is just such an insane weapon, and his skating has made so much progress since being drafted. *sigh*

Last edited:

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
Too bad we won't get another Red Deer/London nail biter

Two best teams are rightfully playing for the Championship.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
If RN can stay out of the box then this should be a really close game. London is still the favourite though.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
So the game was close for 10 minutes?

I watched the entire game, as did many others. It wasn't close.

I don't know you, and don't know if going against the grain is your schtick, so I'll just chalk it up to a difference of what we think a close game entails.

I don't know about you, but contradicted yourself. Actually it was 13 mins. Regardless, it doesn't matter now. RN on the strength of a first star performance by Chase Marchand move on. Which sets up a great match up of Goaltending with Parsons.

Game was never close. 3-0 after 1 and then 6-0 when London finally let off.

RN vs London in the final. If RN can stay out of the box, this will be a very good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad