OT: 2016 American Football Discussion (NFL, College)

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I don't really care about the boat ****. Off day is an off day.

Either way you need to make catches and he did not. Some really bad drops that could of made a big difference.

The TD drop is more memorable, but the drop on the 3rd down on the 1st drive was huge as well. An easy catch too.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I will say Odell should of known that the boat thing would become a story, and made sure he came to play to shut people up.

Has to lay in the bed he made, right or wrong.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Giants' offense was a sad joke all season. Unacceptable to not be able to move the ball vs a team that is starting converted safties at cornerback. And you allegedly have 3 good receivers.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Wait, what expert said Rodgers was done?

He was struggling, and people did take note, but I don't think I ever heard or read anything that said he was done.

it was all over the place, especially Twitter

also, the story about how he doesn't talk to his family or whatever got released around the time he was struggling.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I'm not going to hate on Odell going to Miami on his day off. I can only afford to go to Belmar.

I'm glad he gets mad about a loss. There's no doubt he's a competitor. I will get on Odell about his maturity. Punching a wall and cursing out some stadium workers just shows he's a man-child and a sore loser. Punching a wall in the right spot could lead to a broken hand.

The Giants made too many mistakes. You can't forget the rules on kickoffs, drop catchable balls, leave receivers unaccounted for in the end zone on hail marys, etc.

Jerry Reese did a good job bringing the defense back to respectability.

He has to revamp the O-line that can open up running lanes and an NFL caliber RB

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I will get on Odell about his maturity. Punching a wall and cursing out some stadium workers just shows he's a man-child and a sore loser.

Maturity or character?

I see no reason to believe he's not the next in a long line of moronic prima donna all-star NFL receivers.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Must say that overall this was a huge step forward for the Giants. The defense is young and legit. Eli had an average season but still has what it takes to win a SB. The offense has some good pieces but obviously it was broken this season. The bright side is, this team is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball and has plenty of cap space.

The biggest needs that must be addressed in the draft and FA:

1. Left tackle - it is clear that Flowers isn't going to cut it there in the short term. He is still young and I want to give him a shot at RT next year.

2. Pass rusher - the game is won in the trenches and we just don't have enough depth there on either side. Even if JPP is brought back, we need another 4-3 DE that can get to the QB.

3. Tight end - for the love of god, give Eli a good TE. Use a high pick on Howard or that kid from Virginia (Tech?) or get Martellus Bennett back.

4. LB - get us a LB who can cover TEs please

5. RB - someone who can split duties with Perkins and compliment his style. Bye bye Jennings.

6. WR - either a bit red zone threat or a speedster that can stretch the field. Bye bye Cruz

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Must say that overall this was a huge step forward for the Giants. The defense is young and legit. Eli had an average season but still has what it takes to win a SB. The offense has some good pieces but obviously it was broken this season. The bright side is, this team is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball and has plenty of cap space.

1. Left tackle - it is clear that Flowers isn't going to cut it there in the short term. He is still young and I want to give him a shot at RT next year.

2. Pass rusher - the game is won in the trenches and we just don't have enough depth there on either side. Even if JPP is brought back, we need another 4-3 DE that can get to the QB.

3. Tight end - for the love of god, give Eli a good TE. Use a high pick on Howard or that kid from Virginia (Tech?) or get Martellus Bennett back.

4. LB - get us a LB who can cover TEs please

5. RB - someone who can split duties with Perkins and compliment his style. Bye bye Jennings.

6. WR - either a bit red zone threat or a speedster that can stretch the field. Bye bye Cruz

Agree on LT. Flowers has been abused way to much.

I might switch 2 and 3. This team badly needs a TE that can make any kind of plays.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007

1. Left tackle - it is clear that Flowers isn't going to cut it there in the short term. He is still young and I want to give him a shot at RT next year. Absolutely need a LT. Unsure if Flowers can even play RT, though.

2. Pass rusher - the game is won in the trenches and we just don't have enough depth there on either side. Even if JPP is brought back, we need another 4-3 DE that can get to the QB. Doubt JPP is brought back, but agree either way.

3. Tight end - for the love of god, give Eli a good TE. Use a high pick on Howard or that kid from Virginia (Tech?) or get Martellus Bennett back. Pats might actually keep a player for once. I think they will wait and see how Adams progresses. TEs rarely make immediate impact anyway.

4. LB - get us a LB who can cover TEs please Yup. Or rush the pass. Or do anything. Though the unit as a whole played well together this year.

5. RB - someone who can split duties with Perkins and compliment his style. Bye bye Jennings. ie a powerback is needed

6. WR - either a bit red zone threat or a speedster that can stretch the field. Bye bye Cruz. it absolutely needs to be a red zone threat. I think the Giants get Brandon Marshall in the offseason for multiple reasons

Responses in red above.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
As someone who watched almost every UMiami snap this year, I want the Giants to take TE Njoku. The dude is a beast and fits Eli's get the ball out quickly gameplan

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So apparently the Chargers are moving to LA, which probably surprises nobody.

Dissapointing that Spanos was greedy about needing a new stadium paid for, now the Chargers are even more irrelevant as the second team as they were in San Diego.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Spanos deserves it and a huge attaboy to San Diego for not caving to his demands for a taxpayer funded stadium.

He'll be back. Just like the Raiders.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Welp, bummer for sure. But it's not the first time the NFL has pulled the rug from under my feet. I grew up an hour north of LA and as a kid I was a Raiders/Rams fan. NFL was kinda dead to me after both left in 1995. I moved down to San Diego for college and picked up football again I graduated in 2002.

I always kinda laugh, but the NFL leaving in 1995 might have helped push me towards being a hockey fan. Somewhat specific chain of events:

1993: Kings make the Stanley Cup Finals, suddenly hockey is the new hotness
1994: Kings miss playoffs, I start watching other teams and enjoy how this rookie goalie in New Jersey was playing.
1994: MLB player strike
1995: Rams/Raiders leave

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Welp, bummer for sure. But it's not the first time the NFL has pulled the rug from under my feet. I grew up an hour north of LA and as a kid I was a Raiders/Rams fan. NFL was kinda dead to me after both left in 1995. I moved down to San Diego for college and picked up football again I graduated in 2002.

I always kinda laugh, but the NFL leaving in 1995 might have helped push me towards being a hockey fan. Somewhat specific chain of events:

1993: Kings make the Stanley Cup Finals, suddenly hockey is the new hotness
1994: Kings miss playoffs, I start watching other teams and enjoy how this rookie goalie in New Jersey was playing.
1994: MLB player strike
1995: Rams/Raiders leave

i was waiting for you to chime in Brodeur

gotta suck for you man

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Agree on LT. Flowers has been abused way to much.

I might switch 2 and 3. This team badly needs a TE that can make any kind of plays.

I'm not saying we couldn't use an upgrade at the position, but Will Tye does get overlooked. Made a big play vs GB as well.

But he is short for the position. Just like our WR's. And Eli does like to throw high.

I think a tall TE and a tall WR would be some nice complements to Odell and Shepard.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Maturity or character?

I see no reason to believe he's not the next in a long line of moronic prima donna all-star NFL receivers.

I see it more as maturity. Or maybe just his inability to control emotions, but I don't see him as a bad character guy.

Def got some prima donna in him though.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I hope the Chargers fail miserably in LA.

The owner should have built a new stadium in SD.
The fans loyalty to that mostly floundering franchise should have been rewarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad