2016-2017 Minnesota Wild General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Aurinko

vCash: 500
I've hated Suter for what he has brought to the team: Decent offense & defence vs. big salary... This year it's different. Suter is LEADING in plusminus, he is not trying to pretend to be Burns and he is now being absolutely rock solid defense.

10/10 points for Suter so far.

I disagree a bit. I don't see the jump as being from decent to good but from good to great. He was only "decent" if we were expecting to get the next Bourque.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Aurinko

vCash: 500
I've hated Suter for what he has brought to the team: Decent offense & defence vs. big salary... This year it's different. Suter is LEADING in plusminus, he is not trying to pretend to be Burns and he is now being absolutely rock solid defense.

10/10 points for Suter so far.

I disagree a bit. I don't see the jump as being from decent to good but from good to great. He was only "decent" if we were expecting to get the next Bourque.

It's a jump from great to a leading player. If you do well in offense AND defence you are automatically a great player. Maybe the decent was wrong word there.

edit: I've always thought of him as an great player, but if you get payed 100M$... great isn't always enough if the team isn't winning. What I mean is that his performance was "decent" for a guy that gets paid 100M$.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
From closed out thread. Thatguy22
I had a lot of thoughts on how the Wild are succeeding that I couldn't fit into a comment, so I hacked together a fan post at HockeyWilderness on why what we are doing now is sustainable, despite medicore possession numbers.

Thought some here may be interested. Forewarned, I am not a writer so it may be a tough read.

It's a good read, well done. :yo::yo:

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/2016/12/16/13981062/2016-wild-vs-quality-shots

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Cool article. I was hoping someone would eventually put something together to compare us to those teams to see what, if anything, is different. I may have to save that article for later reference.

Thanks, something i've been monitoring all season. at the 1/3rd mark figured id write about it a bit. Be interesting to see if they can keep up those dominant D numbers.

If they can, we'll win alot

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Bruce has tinkered with the lines all season, and to his credit, I think he's found the winning formula. The winning streak agrees.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
When was the last time the Wild gave up a breakaway? I honestly can't remember. Heck, I don't remember even a 2 on 1 at even strength.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Looks like the Wild will be running 2 checking lines.
Nino/Graovac/Coyle
Stewie/Dalpe/Gabriel-all RHS (odd for the Wild)

:popcorn:

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Looks like the Wild will be running 2 checking lines.
Nino/Graovac/Coyle
Stewie/Dalpe/Gabriel-all RHS (odd for the Wild)

:popcorn:

Funny you slice it like that, because Koivu's line is the one they throw out against the McDavids of the NHL.

Glad to see Dalpe back - I dissed him earlier this season, but he was playing some good hockey that shut me up.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Dalpe sent down to Iowa. Conditioning stint, I'm guessing, otherwise he'd need to clear waivers.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Dalpe sent down to Iowa. Conditioning stint, I'm guessing, otherwise he'd need to clear waivers.

Probably... not sure of Iowa's schedule, but the Wild don't need him until Tuesday... 1 maybe 2 games (probably just 1) to get back into things before Tuesday.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Russo mentioned Dalpes time on IR direct count as time on the roster. he doesn't need to clear waivers

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Your league leading +/-

Ryan Suter +22
Jared Spurgeon +18

EDIT

And your MN points getter leader (what a horrible sentence)
Eric Staal, who:

has more points than the following: Alex Ovechkin, John Tavares, Austin Mathews, Hossa, etc

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Will he play Monday though, considering they need him Tuesday, and then in a back to back Thursday and Friday?

He will probably just play tomorrow.

My expectation with that he will play in/for Iowa tomorrow. Then will be brought up so he can practice with the team on Monday. Play Tuesday, assuming Haula can't go.

TommieNation

Feb 9, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Will he play Monday though, considering they need him Tuesday, and then in a back to back Thursday and Friday?

He will probably just play tomorrow.

My expectation with that he will play in/for Iowa tomorrow. Then will be brought up so he can practice with the team on Monday. Play Tuesday, assuming Haula can't go.

I assume he would only play tomorrow too. It's a 3pm game so he would have plenty of time to get to St. Paul for practice Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad