Line Combos: 2016-2017 Line-up Discussion - Scurrred Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The bets I've found for matchups are either at http://hockeyviz.com/game/2016020242/matchups or else using @muneebalamcu 's tableau charts

Awesome thank you!

Edit: looks like the forward lines almost exclusively saw who Carlyle wanted to match them against. The D pairings saw a bit of everything. So not unlike Boudreau, Carlyle is more concerned with what forward units he has on the ice against certain personnel. Obviously Carlyle is much less flexible with matchups though.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
The bets I've found for matchups are either at http://hockeyviz.com/game/2016020242/matchups or else using @muneebalamcu 's tableau charts

Very nice.

Looks like the firmer D matchups were Fowler-Vatanen against McDavid, and Stoner-Bieksa against the Nugent-Hopkins line. Lindholm-Manson got pretty much even time against everyone.

I think the main objective with that Fowler-Vatanen pairing was trying to stop McDavid from entering the zone in the first place. Fowler and Vatanen couldn't really handle McDavid's craftiness once he was set-up.

It's times like this when I wonder how a Fowler-Lindholm pairing would look like, even if our depth would be shot to hell.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I would like to see forward lines of

Ritchie - Getzlaf - Perry
Cogliano - Kesler - Silfverberg
Rakell - Vermette - Cramarossa
Garbutt - Wagner - Shaw

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay
Is Shaw better than Noesen?

I haven't watched Noesen this year, but he has 7 points in 10 games. I think he is in the midst of a make or break year, so it would make sense if he gets the call at some point; maybe after Boll has played 40 games. Hopefully he stays healthy and continues to develop, otherwise he may be a flop pretty soon.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I would like to see forward lines of

Ritchie - Getzlaf - Perry
Cogliano - Kesler - Silfverberg
Rakell - Vermette - Cramarossa
Garbutt - Wagner - Shaw

Stephens tweeted that Cramarossa is out with an injury. Kase will probably take his place in that lineup.

Oct 18, 2011
Ducks 3rd pair needs a skill injection. They could not move the puck and kb is not good on the pp.

4th line also remains a problem. Can we atleast try Noesen in Bolls spot? If randy does not trust his 4th line wouldnt it be logical to try new players.

This team lacks depth as is and Randy further handcuffs himself with bad roster decisions

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Ducks 3rd pair needs a skill injection. They could not move the puck and kb is not good on the pp.

4th line also remains a problem. Can we atleast try Noesen in Bolls spot? If randy does not trust his 4th line wouldnt it be logical to try new players.

This team lacks depth as is and Randy further handcuffs himself with bad roster decisions

Isn't the third pairing Bieksa and Magnus?

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
He's got 1 assist and -6 and 1 fight win in how many fights?

There was a game a couple seasons ago where Boll scared me a bit because he pummeled Maroon. I thought he would be nice to have when I saw that game. But he hasn't been that guy at all this year. He seems like a borderline fighter, he hasn't crushed anyone. And he doesn't throw nasty hits that would strike fear into the other team. He isn't filling the role I thought an enforcer should have.

I wish we had Garbutt, with the nastiness he had in Dallas. Plus the fighting savy of Domi. That would be an enforcer worth icing. But Boll really does seem to be a waste of a line-up spot.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
There was a game a couple seasons ago where Boll scared me a bit because he pummeled Maroon. I thought he would be nice to have when I saw that game. But he hasn't been that guy at all this year. He seems like a borderline fighter, he hasn't crushed anyone. And he doesn't throw nasty hits that would strike fear into the other team. He isn't filling the role I thought an enforcer should have.

I wish we had Garbutt, with the nastiness he had in Dallas. Plus the fighting savy of Domi. That would be an enforcer worth icing. But Boll really does seem to be a waste of a line-up spot.

If Boll would play 82 games a year like that he would never leave Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad