Line Combos: 2016-2017 Line-up Discussion - Scurrred Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

duari91

Apr 12, 2011
This doesn't make much sense to me unless they know somehow he'll get claimed (to move salary).

Because if its just for the sake of sending someone down, Boll would be the first candidate on that list.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
This doesn't make much sense to me unless they know somehow he'll get claimed (to move salary).

Because if its just for the sake of sending someone down, Boll would be the first candidate on that list.

Wagner is in a weird spot. He's a 4th liner who is solid in that role, but doesn't provide really anything else. He can't get bumped up with talented forwards cause he isn't THAT good. I feel like he got passed up by guys who have more skill(Cram, Sgar) because they are more versatile.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Wagner is in a weird spot. He's a 4th liner who is solid in that role, but doesn't provide really anything else. He can't get bumped up with talented forwards cause he isn't THAT good. I feel like he got passed up by guys who have more skill(Cram, Sgar) because they are more versatile.

I don't know if Cram is more skilled than Wagner, but he has been consistently physical. Wagner forgot how to hit.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
im curious whats gonna happen going forward with the goalies... Gibson just cant get going it seems and I have a feeling Bernier could slowly out play him

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
im curious whats gonna happen going forward with the goalies... Gibson just cant get going it seems and I have a feeling Bernier could slowly out play him

Andersen 433 shots against, 0.901 SV%, 3.42 GAA 13 GP
Gibson 327 shots against, 0.902 SV%, 2.68 GAA 13 GP
Bernier 121 shots against, 0.934 SV%, 2,08 GAA 6GP

Bernier is kissing the sandy beaches lol

duari91

Apr 12, 2011
Yeah Wags was nothing special. Wasn't upset the first time.

I'd agree he is nothing special, but I think he has more of an argument to be in Anaheim than Boll does.

If the ducks waived and then released Boll, what would the effect be on the cap?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I'd agree he is nothing special, but I think he has more of an argument to be in Anaheim than Boll does.

If the ducks waived and then released Boll, what would the effect be on the cap?

They can't release him. He has a two year one way deal. The best they could do is buy him out of his last year, next summer.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
They can't release him. He has a two year one way deal. The best they could do is buy him out of his last year, next summer.

The more I think about it the more he's clearly been signed to be a sacrificial lamb for expansion. Which doesn't justify the signing whatsoever we could have signed Pirri for 2 years at a similar price or Bergenheim over the ECHL level plug that is Jared Boll.

smh :shakehead

What if we buried him in the AHL? How much $ is saved?

In terms of cap hit everything. In terms of salary nothing.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Anyone else notice at the end of the game

Lindholm-Manson
Fowler-Vatanen
Stoner-Bieska

The last pairing is scary but I like these pairs.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Anyone else notice at the end of the game

Lindholm-Manson
Fowler-Vatanen
Stoner-Bieska

The last pairing is scary but I like these pairs.

That's pretty much how it was for the whole game.

I think Fowler and Vatanen were paired to keep up with McDavid, to be honest. They're our fastest skating defencemen. I don't know if we'll see these pairings against slower teams - Lindholm and Manson would be fine, but Fowler and Vatanen might get ragdolled.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

I think Fowler and Vatanen were paired to keep up with McDavid, to be honest. They're our fastest skating defencemen. I don't know if we'll see these pairings against slower teams - Lindholm and Manson would be fine, but Fowler and Vatanen might get ragdolled.

Good point.
Still, I think
Fowler-Manson
Lindholm-Vatanen

would be our optimal top4. Lindholm while not a particularly physical defenseman is quite big and Vatanen plays bigger than he is. So unless it`s Maroon-Draisaitl-Lucic line they are facing, they should handle physically most of the lines in the NHL.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Good point.
Still, I think
Fowler-Manson
Lindholm-Vatanen

would be our optimal top4. Lindholm while not a particularly physical defenseman is quite big and Vatanen plays bigger than he is. So unless it`s Maroon-Draisaitl-Lucic line they are facing, they should handle physically most of the lines in the NHL.

This is exactly what I would like to see. I think both Fowler and Vatanen benefit from having a bigger, defensive-minded partner. Lindholm-Manson is fine, but imo it's suboptimal to play Fowler and Vatanen together when you could have Fowler with Manson and Vats with Magnus.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005

I'm not 100% sure that's true.

Vatanen is fast skating forwards, but backwards and trying to turn with agile guys... I dunno.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Yeah they were consistently matched with McDavid and I'm not sure it was a good idea, McDavid was giving Fowler fits and they were bleeding scoring chances against. He might be the only player in the league that can make Fowler's skating look ordinary.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I thought Hazy said on the post game show that it was Lindholm-Manson primarily matched against McDavid? Where can we find the on ice stats to find out?

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I thought Hazy said on the post game show that it was Lindholm-Manson primarily matched against McDavid? Where can we find the on ice stats to find out?

Linholm moves very well and has the size to body up Mcdavid. I cant remember the matchup exactly but I thought they were matching Linholm with him especially when maroon is with mcdavid. In my mind Linholm is easily our best defensemen and Manson gives you someone that wont get caught up ice.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
They matched Lindholm against him for most of the first period then after that it was almost exclusively Fowler - Vatanen. Which I thought was weird as McDavid was quiet during the first.

War on ice used to track matchups, I am not sure if Corsica does or not but I've never been able to easily find match ups there in the games statistics.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
They matched Lindholm against him for most of the first period then after that it was almost exclusively Fowler - Vatanen. Which I thought was weird as McDavid was quiet during the first.

War on ice used to track matchups, I am not sure if Corsica does or not but I've never been able to easily find match ups there in the games statistics.

The bets I've found for matchups are either at http://hockeyviz.com/game/2016020242/matchups or else using @muneebalamcu 's tableau charts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad