2016-17 WHL Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Royals won a tight one against Kamloops tonight, Outhouse stood on his head.

Matthew Phillips was phenomenal once again.

Really wish the Canucks took a flyer on him.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Giants lose again, 4-2 to Seattle. Given how Ron Toigo operates, it really wouldn't surprise if Jason McKee is fired before Halloween.

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
I know it is early, and they are doing well, but I think having a coach that demands respect as soon as he walks in the room is a lot better than a nobody like Hollick who walked around like he owned the place.

5-0 baby.
Did you listen to the post game show? Morrison was on it and said it was nice to not get screamed at after every penalty. Post sounded like he stopped caring about Hollick.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Did you listen to the post game show? Morrison was on it and said it was nice to not get screamed at after every penalty. Post sounded like he stopped caring about Hollick.

Yep, I head that too. Players were on Pins and Needles last year. This year Matvichuk has instilled confidence, and he commands respect. 14 years in the NHL, Stanley Cup Winner. He was the best choice this team could have made.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Yes I heard that as well. Hollick holded grudges. You could see him behind the bench and dictate what kind of coach he really was.

Hollick lost the team after Xmas.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yep, I head that too. Players were on Pins and Needles last year. This year Matvichuk has instilled confidence, and he commands respect. 14 years in the NHL, Stanley Cup Winner. He was the best choice this team could have made.

That's what I said too. He demands respect when he walks in that room. He won two championships with the Allen Americans and he's coached in the ECHL as well, so he has a lot of experience in how to win.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Damn, didn't think there we so many people from PG on here, good to see.

But I agree, the Cats look like a brand new team - and we don't even have Gabrielle and Harkins back yet, which will be a massive boost to the offensive group, and especially the PP even though it has looked great.

I know it is early, and they are doing well, but I think having a coach that demands respect as soon as he walks in the room is a lot better than a nobody like Hollick who walked around like he owned the place.

5-0 baby.

Harkins re-assigned today by the Jets.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Brandon beats Red Deer 5-2. Mattheos and Patrick are going to have a huge year together.

They both have 6 points (2+4) in 2.5 games so far.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The beat keeps going on for PG. They have winless Vancouver coming to town, so they need to not take them lightly. They could be 8-0 by the time next weekend is over.

4-0 was already the best start in franchise history.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Despite the 5-2 final score the Chiefs were pretty badly outplayed for big chunks of the home opener. I'm still pretty concerned about the team's defense(they get trapped in the zone a lot :cry:) but they did dig in for almost 2 full minutes of 5 on 3 to protect the lead so I guess there's some hope :laugh: I really like what I saw from Ty Smith especially knowing that he has a lot of room to improve still. You guys will definitely want to keep an eye out for him whenever you see the Chiefs.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The skill of this team is through the roof. Khomenko was a brilliant pickup and one of my favourite Cougars already.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Make it 8

Me think their first loss is coming this week. Everett looks good, and historically the back to backs have been difficult. The depth is really showing on this team, it's quite impressive.

Gabrielle is really showing his scoring touch, wouldn't be surprised if he gets 50.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Me think their first loss is coming this week. Everett looks good, and historically the back to backs have been difficult. The depth is really showing on this team, it's quite impressive.

Gabrielle is really showing his scoring touch, wouldn't be surprised if he gets 50.

Yeah Everett plays that boring, trap it down system (at least in past years) so I could see them squeaking a win.

Would be great to hit 10-0, which would tie the longest winning streak in franchise history n

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Reid Duke returns to Brandon, which leaves them with 4 overagers. Papirny, Duke, Coulter and Campbell. Campbell likely on his way out.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Everett ends the streak. Not surprised it was them who did it either.

They were the better team, plain and simple. Boy, do they ever hound you when you have the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad