2016-17 Stockton Heat (and ADK Thunder) Thread [PLAYOFF BOUND!]

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
OT loss 2 games left Friday and Saturday

Im surprised Riitch got this game but he did have a excellent showing in the OT loss the game prior.
Janko on another point streak.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
The Heat's magic number is 0.5.

All they need to is to get a single point or for Bakersfield to not get their full 4 points from their remaining games.

The Heat play Bakersfield on Friday.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
With an OT loss and Bakersfield regulation loss, the Heat now have a magic number of 0.5

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Kylington has the Heat up 1-0 after 20 over the Condors. If the Heat get a point they are in the playoffs

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
The Heat have a 5-5-2 record against SJ Barracuda.

I honestly think the Heat will have a good chance if Rittich gets the start.

btw: If the Anaheim series is over quickly, could Tkachuk be send down to the Heat or would he have to go to the London Knights? He´d be OHL bound right?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The Heat have a 5-5-2 record against SJ Barracuda.

I honestly think the Heat will have a good chance if Rittich gets the start.

btw: If the Anaheim series is over quickly, could Tkachuk be send down to the Heat or would he have to go to the London Knights? He´d be OHL bound right?

Rittich has been mediocre for a while now, Gillies got them into the playoffs.

Tkachuk is not eligible to be sent down to the AHL for sure. However I don't think he is eligible to join the Knights either.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Heat lose 6-5 in OT

Matthew Phillips made his pro debut, notching 1a
Mason McDonald made his AHL debut, giving up 5 goals on 33 shots.

On the goals against:
1. was through traffic
2. was not great but was also a bad giveaway by Kylington
3. was a nice cross ice pass, would have been a tough save
4. went through McDonald, terrible goal
5. 2 on 1, puck cleared by defenseman after save right to the trailing forward
6. 3 on 3 overtime, 2 on 1 downlow and it was a good cross ice pass, not much of a chance.

McDonald also made a few really good saves in the highlight package. So IMO based off the highlights, I would say it wasn't a great start for McDonald, but I think more blame falls on those in front of him.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Probably another year in the echl for slender mac
I'm not so sure. I think it might be better to have Parsons in the ECHL getting #1 minutes and McDonald backup up Gillies, with the occasional flip flop of Parsons and McDonald to give Parsons some experience in the AHL and keep McDonald sharp.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I think one of the goalie prospects gets traded for a Grubauer or a Korpisalo type that another team can't protect. (with a plus, obviously)

Of course, that guy will go on to multiple Vezinas and the others will all bust, because Flames.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Heat-Cudas_zpsa5nkdb87.png

Heat playoff schedule

Pacific Division Semifinals – Series “G” (best-of-5)
P1-San Jose Barracuda vs. P4-Stockton Heat
Game 1 – Fri., Apr. 21 – Stockton at San Jose, 10:00
Game 2 – Sun., Apr. 23 – Stockton at San Jose, 6:00
Game 3 – Fri., Apr. 28 – San Jose at Stockton, 10:00
*Game 4 – Sun., Apr. 30 – San Jose at Stockton, 7:00
*Game 5 – Tue., May 2 – Stockton at San Jose, 10:00
*if necessary… All times Eastern​

Last edited:

L13

Oct 1, 2015
Didn't watch the game yesterday, but Matthew Phillips was all over the highlights pack and Huska said he was surprised by how well Phillips played. I wonder if he might see some ice time in the playoffs.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Didn't watch the game yesterday, but Matthew Phillips was all over the highlights pack and Huska said he was surprised by how well Phillips played. I wonder if he might see some ice time in the playoffs.

Having that kind of skill would certainly bolster their lower lines especially with Pribyl injured and Poirier ... whatever he is.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
I'm not so sure. I think it might be better to have Parsons in the ECHL getting #1 minutes and McDonald backup up Gillies, with the occasional flip flop of Parsons and McDonald to give Parsons some experience in the AHL and keep McDonald sharp.

Where are Rittich, Schneider and McCollum?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Where are Rittich, Schneider and McCollum?
I've been speculating for months Rittich would be traded. Schneider will likely be returned to the WHL for an overage season and McCollum will either be loaned out again, traded or end up in the press box as the #3

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
I've been speculating for months Rittich would be traded. Schneider will likely be returned to the WHL for an overage season and McCollum will either be loaned out again, traded or end up in the press box as the #3

Yeah, that all seems like a legit possibility.

Schneider is the really tough one. The Tigers lost faith in him this year and despite him having a 32-11 record brought in another 19 year old goalie from Portland who took the net from him. Maybe they can trade him to another WHL team, but you don't usually see a ton of overage goalies in the WHL. Plus the Tigers have several 97's that they need to figure out what to do with, including both goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad