2016-17 Stockton Heat (and ADK Thunder) Thread [PLAYOFF BOUND!]

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Rittich steals the game pretty much and the Heat win 6-4 with an empty netter. It is definitely surprising to see Stockton take a game in San Jose. The Barracuda only lost 6 games at home in regulation all year long, and Stockton is miserable on the road.

Next game is next Friday in Stockton.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Started well, but after letting it be 4-3 he was pulled from the game. Rittich will close the game.

When I saw Gillies got pulled, I was like, man, guess not that great; looked at it, faced more shots in half the game than the Barracuda goalie did all game :laugh:

Janko with a 3 points night, the legend continues to grow!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
When I saw Gillies got pulled, I was like, man, guess not that great; looked at it, faced more shots in half the game than the Barracuda goalie did all game :laugh:

Janko with a 3 points night, the legend continues to grow!

Should've taken that 2nd rounder, though.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Haven't been able to catch a game. How does Matthew Phillips look?

Not terrible, but he looks like a turned-19-two-weeks-ago kid in a mens league. A bit invisible I guess.

Speaking of 19 year olds, Kylington, however, easily could have scored a goal two separate times on one shift alone today. Kid is unlucky not to have a point yet this playoff.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Haven't been able to catch a game. How does Matthew Phillips look?

Phillips is too slow of a skater to be as small as he is and succeed right now. He'll have to work on getting faster but his offensive ability should translate once he does.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
This really looks like a classic example of weak goals given up after the team in front takes their foot off the gas. We see it all the time., yet time after time it is always the goalie that gets the blame.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Should've taken that 2nd rounder, though.

Outside of that article, how many people on this board were actually hoping for that 2nd rounder? Even I, who wasn't a fan of this pick whatsoever, was hoping for a signing :laugh:

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Outside of that article, how many people on this board were actually hoping for that 2nd rounder? Even I, who wasn't a fan of this pick whatsoever, was hoping for a signing :laugh:

I wasn't hoping for a 2nd rounder, but I wouldn't have been broken up if that's what it came to. At this point I'm certainly happier that Janko did get signed, though.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

There were a couple, but I don't think any regulars. Mostly the guys who drive by with a hot take from time to time.

There were one or two regulars on the board who a) were unhappy with the pick and b) didn't think his numbers in college were good enough, but even they I think didn't want him to be let go.

That article, though, is mostly what I was jabbing at.

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
I actually watched the first period yesterday [reddit can help ;)] and I gotta say that they really didnt deserve the 4-0 lead. They got outshot 9-15 and had lucky goals.

Glad for them tho.

Really hoping that Rittich gets the next start and [if he sucks] gets replaced by Parsons and not Gillies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I actually watched the first period yesterday [reddit can help ;)] and I gotta say that they really didnt deserve the 4-0 lead. They got outshot 9-15 and had lucky goals.

Glad for them tho.

Really hoping that Rittich gets the next start and [if he sucks] gets replaced by Parsons and not Gillies.
Gillies wasn't bad until the team in front of his sat back on their already not so great defensive play. Blaming him is stupid. Not to mention has been pretty poor for the most part recently.

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
Gillies wasn't bad until the team in front of his sat back on their already not so great defensive play. Blaming him is stupid. Not to mention has been pretty poor for the most part recently.

Yea I am not blaming him, but I think that Rittich is the better Goalie right now [with Gillies having the higher ceiling]. And Parsons was clutch in the OHL playoffs and the World Juniors, so I´d give him the shadow of the doubt over the others.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yea I am not blaming him, but I think that Rittich is the better Goalie right now [with Gillies having the higher ceiling]. And Parsons was clutch in the OHL playoffs and the World Juniors, so I´d give him the shadow of the doubt over the others.
You are ignoring 2 very significant things.

1. Rittich is not the better goalie right now. He has been struggling for over a month now, while Gillies played well and got them rolling before the playoffs.
2. Parsons has never played a professional game. Guys like Trevor Kidd were clutch in the CHL playoffs and Memorial Cup too. Hell even more recent look at Fucale and Demko, Fucale can't even stick in the AHL and Demko has had a very rough rookie season.

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
ADK got eliminated today in OT (6-5) against the Manchester Monarchs; lost series 4-2

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
ADK got eliminated today in OT (6-5) against the Manchester Monarchs; lost series 4-2

For those wondering, Flames had 3 prospects represented in this game:
Kanzig was a -2 with 3 shots
Pollock was a -1 with 2 shots
Mason MacDonald was the backup

and Falkovsky didn't play.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Potentially elimination night tonight for Stockton. They trail 2-1 in their best of 5 series.

Hoping to see someone step up and power the team to victory tonight! Game starts at 5.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Leafs fan here. I was just watching a little bit of the Heat game and I must say I love your guys commentator. So much excitement!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad