2016-17 Start/Sit Week 16

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Rodgers vs. MIN or Stafford at DAL (Monday)?

Standard: Parker at BUF, Landry at BUF or Robinson vs. TEN?

I won't even bother posting for leagues that I didn't make the final in.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Pick 3 (at least one RB and one WR needed, so 2 RB + 1 WR or 2 WR + 1 RB):

Amari Cooper vs. Colts (24th Worst vs. WR)
Golden Tate @ Cowboys (17th Worst vs. WR)
A.J. Green @ Texans (29th Worst vs. WR)
Jeremy Hill @ Texans (15th Worst vs. RB)
Mark Ingram vs. Buccaneers (12th Worst vs. RB)
Jonathan Stewart vs. Falcons (6th Worst vs. RB)
Kenneth Dixon @ Steelers (5th Worst vs. RB)

In my opinion, I feel like I have to play Cooper, even if he's been awful for the last 6 weeks. It's not a good match-up either, but he's just such a tough player to leave on the bench.

I just kind of threw Green and Dixon in as what-ifs. Even if Green is by far the best player, and Dixon has the best match-up, I can't realistically see myself starting either one. It's just too risky.

So that basically just leaves starting 2 of Tate, Hill, Ingram and Stewart, which I'm having a ton of trouble with (and very high stakes, of course).

Every ranking will have Tate at the bottom, but I'm a huge fan. He gets a ton of targets, and has a pretty decent mix of big play ability to go along with a high floor. Detroit should go down against Dallas, so I think he could be a threat to put up big numbers.

I'm not a fan of Hill at all, but when you get 22 Red Zone carries in the last 3 weeks, it's pretty tough to go away from. He's also more of a factor in the passing game since Bernard went down. Still, if you watch the games, Burkhead looks like a straight-up better back IMO. I'm a bit worried he could eat into Hill's carries, making him almost entirely TD-dependent.

Ingram is certainly the most talented back of the bunch, but his mindbogglingly poor utilization is tough to trust. I don't blame him for getting pissed off on Sunday.

Stewart has put together 3 good YPC games in his last 4 and had a superb game last night, which is very promising, but I'm always scared to start him. He's gone for 3 YPC or less in nearly half of his games this year. No TD and he's a complete bust if he has one of those games as he's a complete non-factor through the air. I also have Newton, which, outside of last night, can eat into each other's numbers.

Any thoughts are appreciated. I feel like it's down to picking 2 of those 4 but I'm open to suggestions.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
Made it to the championship game in my standard league.

Pick a QB:
Kirk Cousins at Chi
Philip Rivers at Cle

Pick two RB:
DeMarco Murray at Jax
Devonta Freeman at Car
Jonathan Stewart vs Atl
Rashad Jennings at Phi

Pick a flex:
Demaryius Thomas at KC
Golden Tate at Dal
Jamison Crowder at Chi
One of the RB from above

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

If Green sits, start Tate.

Pick a QB:
Kirk Cousins at Chi
Philip Rivers at Cle

Pick two RB:
DeMarco Murray at Jax
Devonta Freeman at Car
Jonathan Stewart vs Atl
Rashad Jennings at Phi

Pick a flex:
Demaryius Thomas at KC
Golden Tate at Dal
Jamison Crowder at Chi
One of the RB from above

Bolded

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Pick 3 (at least one RB and one WR needed, so 2 RB + 1 WR or 2 WR + 1 RB):

In my opinion, I feel like I have to play Cooper, even if he's been awful for the last 6 weeks. It's not a good match-up either, but he's just such a tough player to leave on the bench.

I just kind of threw Green and Dixon in as what-ifs. Even if Green is by far the best player, and Dixon has the best match-up, I can't realistically see myself starting either one. It's just too risky.

So that basically just leaves starting 2 of Tate, Hill, Ingram and Stewart, which I'm having a ton of trouble with (and very high stakes, of course).

Every ranking will have Tate at the bottom, but I'm a huge fan. He gets a ton of targets, and has a pretty decent mix of big play ability to go along with a high floor. Detroit should go down against Dallas, so I think he could be a threat to put up big numbers.

I'm not a fan of Hill at all, but when you get 22 Red Zone carries in the last 3 weeks, it's pretty tough to go away from. He's also more of a factor in the passing game since Bernard went down. Still, if you watch the games, Burkhead looks like a straight-up better back IMO. I'm a bit worried he could eat into Hill's carries, making him almost entirely TD-dependent.

Ingram is certainly the most talented back of the bunch, but his mindbogglingly poor utilization is tough to trust. I don't blame him for getting pissed off on Sunday.

Stewart has put together 3 good YPC games in his last 4 and had a superb game last night, which is very promising, but I'm always scared to start him. He's gone for 3 YPC or less in nearly half of his games this year. No TD and he's a complete bust if he has one of those games as he's a complete non-factor through the air. I also have Newton, which, outside of last night, can eat into each other's numbers.

Any thoughts are appreciated. I feel like it's down to picking 2 of those 4 but I'm open to suggestions.

Pick a QB:
Kirk Cousins at Chi
Philip Rivers at Cle

Pick two RB:
DeMarco Murray at Jax
Devonta Freeman at Car
Jonathan Stewart vs Atl
Rashad Jennings at Phi

Pick a flex:
Demaryius Thomas at KC
Golden Tate at Dal
Jamison Crowder at Chi
One of the RB from above

Suggestions bolded.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
PPR:

#2 RB: Montgomery or Hightower
Flex: Meredith, Brate or Hightower*

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
My only question mark in the championships is Wilson or Dak. Leaning towards Wilson but if he has one of those nothing games...

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Am I crazy for starting Jordan Howard over Freeman in the championship game?

Also TE situation is driving me crazy.

I have Graham, but available on waivers are Ebron and Gates. Any suggestions?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm really leaning towards starting Stewart as my flex. Any particular reason why you guys prefer Tate?

Gameflow potential. I expect Detroit to fall behind, while Atlanta can score at will (forcing Carolina to throw). Stewart does not usually play when they are in catch up mode. Plus, I've been burned by Stewart way too many times since he is so reliant on scoring touchdowns. Tolbert and Newton often get the rushing scores from in close.

Ultimately, it's your call. It's just a gut feeling on my part.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Championship game!

Who should I go with for my WR3?

Tyrell Williams (vs Cle)
or
Michael Thomas (vs TB)

I have Williams in the WR3 spot right now...because Cleveland.

For my RB2 spot:

Howard (vs WAS)
J Hill (vs HOU)
AP (vs GB)

I don't think I can trust AP yet, and Hill is a bit banged up right now. I've got Howard in the starting position at the moment.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I'm really leaning towards starting Stewart as my flex. Any particular reason why you guys prefer Tate?

Just feel like Stewart is less reliable based on how the game goes.

Championship game!

Tyrell Williams (vs Cle)
or
Michael Thomas (vs TB)

For my RB2 spot:

Howard (vs WAS)
J Hill (vs HOU)
AP (vs GB)

I don't think I can trust AP yet, and Hill is a bit banged up right now. I've got Howard in the starting position at the moment.

Feels like Williams if you want to shoot for a potential big game. Thomas... could be good or it could be a Cooks-leaning game.

I prefer Hill to Howard as a runner, but you've got to go with Howard for consistency and given Hill's potential reduced role if he's hurt at all.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Ty Montgomery is sitting as a FA right now... Do I pick him up and play him over Demaryius, Devante Adams or Tyrell Williams?

Edit: also deciding between Oakland or Denver for D/ST. I have Ware and Denver plays KC if that factors in at all

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Championship game!

Tyrell Williams (vs Cle)
or
Michael Thomas (vs TB)

For my RB2 spot:

Howard (vs WAS)
J Hill (vs HOU)
AP (vs GB)

Rivers could go full blown Rivers at any point. I know it's the Browns, but I'd start Thomas. And go with Howard.

Ty Montgomery is sitting as a FA right now... Do I pick him up and play him over Demaryius, Devante Adams or Tyrell Williams?

Edit: also deciding between Oakland or Denver for D/ST. I have Ware and Denver plays KC if that factors in at all

Tough. I don't like starting two players on the same team if I can avoid it, but Montgomery was amazing last weekend. I think I'd add him and think about it more. Keep Denver's defense.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Tough. I don't like starting two players on the same team if I can avoid it, but Montgomery was amazing last weekend. I think I'd add him and think about it more. Keep Denver's defense.

Now that AJ Green is confirmed to play I have him on my bench too now.

No idea what to do :laugh: thanks for the insight though! Definitely helps

habsjosh2k2

Sep 28, 2006
In the Championship, and have some tough decisions to make in my 0.5 PPR league:

Choose 3 WRs:

D. Thomas vs KC,
M. Crabtree vs Ind,
Aj Green vs Hou,
T. Williams vs Cle,
T. Hill vs Den

I feel like it might be a huge risk to start AJ this week.

Choose 2 RBs:

L. Miller vs Cin,
S. Ware vs Den,
K. Farrow vs Cle,
T. Coleman vs Car

and then choose one FLEX among remaining players.

Now for TE:

E. Ebron vs Dal,
or
H. Henry vs Cle

and finally at DST:

Seahawks vs Ari,
or
Chargers vs Cle

A lot of close calls IMO. Help please! :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad