WJC: 2016 — USA Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Very interesting team in my mind this year. Will the top half of studs be able to offset a possible lack of depth overall? You never know who is going step up their game and play lights out.

Really looking forward to watching the USA this year. It should be a great tournament.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Very interesting team in my mind this year. Will the top half of studs be able to offset a possible lack of depth overall? You never know who is going step up their game and play lights out.

Really looking forward to watching the USA this year. It should be a great tournament.

Agreed, as you pointed out, our top 6 is as good as anyone's in this tournament, but I think our depth will surprise some people as well. I'm also excited to see how Keller does in this tournament, I think he's going to do pretty well, not just by putting up some points, but by creating and being a threat whenever he is on the ice. Seen a lot of him with the program the past year and a half. Lot of fun to watch. The best tournament in hockey is fast approaching:yo:

MMMFAN

Nov 5, 2015
How much better is Mathews than Dvorak? Dvorak has been a beast this year and is older than Mathews. I'm thinking he might be the key guy that doesn't get much press.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
How much better is Mathews than Dvorak? Dvorak has been a beast this year and is older than Mathews. I'm thinking he might be the key guy that doesn't get much press.

Dvorak will be a key guy on this team and is an elite player. Matthews is the better player though.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Wasn't Milano first line last year.. Is Tkachuck better

They play a little bit different than one another. Milano is shifty and is the better puckhandler, he sees the ice well, makes nice passes, has a lethal backhand and speed. Tkachuck has similar traits too, but where Tkachuck excels a lot more than Milano imo is his play down low and along the boards. He's extremely hard to knock off the puck and uses his body to strip pucks. Tkachuck also has nice vision and passing as well so when he goes to work down low he can dish the puck as good as anyone. I'm sure London Knight fans can attest to that.

MMMFAN

Nov 5, 2015
Dvorak will be a key guy on this team and is an elite player. Matthews is the better player though.

Is Mathews the better player today? Yes Mathews has the higher ceiling presumably. Haven't seen Mathews play in a while so I'm curious about his development. By the way nice to see so many OHL players on the USA team.

pavelich

Jul 16, 2009

Is Mathews the better player today? Yes Mathews has the higher ceiling presumably. Haven't seen Mathews play in a while so I'm curious about his development. By the way nice to see so many OHL players on the USA team.

I've seen multiple reports of teammates, opponents, and coaches calling him the best player in the Swiss league. So, yes.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
As a proud, hockey loving Canadian it pains me to say this but I think US takes gold this year.

How does Sens prospect Colin White look?

MMMFAN

Nov 5, 2015
I've seen multiple reports of teammates, opponents, and coaches calling him the best player in the Swiss league. So, yes.

If that's the case then then Team USA will be tough to beat as Dvorak is also considered to be the best all round player in the OHL. His faceoff percentage is about 65% and he leads the league in scoring.

pavelich

Jul 16, 2009
If that's the case then then Team USA will be tough to beat as Dvorak is also considered to be the best all round player in the OHL. His faceoff percentage is about 65% and he leads the league in scoring.

Yes, I was impressed with Dvorak in the game vs UMass.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

And White is considered already as a freshman as one of the best all around centers in college Hockey, this team has talent.

White and Dvorack can shut teams down with how they play both ends of the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad