2015 WJC - Toronto/Montreal

DSL

Jun 30, 2011
Is Grönborg saying anything worth noting?

Not really imo, they talk a little about what they're looking for in a player, how they prepare and what they're focusing on etc.

This made me real sleepy tbh, Ladhes narrative made me feel like I was watching an ASMR video.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
What about a Nylander-Nylander-Kempe line for next year? Unlikely to happen but it would be fun.

I wonder if we will get any news regarding Burakovsky on monday.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
What about a Nylander-Nylander-Kempe line for next year? Unlikely to happen but it would be fun.

Sounds like Burakovsky was only rotating in on lines this morning, i.e. could be healthy scratch. That's worth following for sure.. It's Trotz we're talking about here, could be the start of a trend that makes him available.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014

A Nylander is a 98, and our 96 and 97 is very deeph, so it is not easy for him to make the team, but yes it would be fun to see both Nylander in the same team.

It could look something like this. In my mind next year WJC team looks much better than this year, espcially if we do not get Burakvosky that is by far the best 95.

Kempe– W Nylander – Lindblom
L̦̦ke РHolmstr̦m - Timashov
Kovacs РAsplund - C Grundstr̦m
F Ahl – C Ehn – Karlsson
Forsbacka Karlsson

Worth mention: Törnqvist, Eriksson Ek, F Forsberg, G Franzen and A Nylander

Kylington - Englund
Aho – Andersson
Bouramman – Forsling
Lindgren

Some worth mention, L Carlsson, J Nilsson, Ollas Mattsson, M Pettersson, Lagesson

A karlsson can play 3 WJC as a 4th line grinder, that can not be very common.

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
A Nylander is a 98, and our 96 and 97 is very deeph, so it is not easy for him to make the team, but yes it would be fun to see both Nylander in the same team.

It could look something like this. In my mind next year WJC team looks much better than this year, espcially if we do not get Burakvosky that is by far the best 95.

Kempe– W Nylander – Lindblom
Lööke – Holmström - Timashov
Kovacs – Asplund - C Grundström
F Ahl – C Ehn – Karlsson
Forsbacka Karlsson

Worth mention: Törnqvist, Eriksson Ek, F Forsberg, G Franzen and A Nylander

Kylington - Englund
Aho – Andersson
Bouramman – Forsling
Lindgren

Some worth mention, L Carlsson, J Nilsson, Ollas Mattsson, M Pettersson, Lagesson

A karlsson can play 3 WJC as a 4th line grinder, that can not be very common.

The 97-group being deep is news to me. To me it looks very much like the 95-group, a couple of gems and then a big drop-off. They haven't been very successful in international tournaments either.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
The 97-group being deep is news to me. To me it looks very much like the 95-group, a couple of gems and then a big drop-off. They haven't been very successful in international tournaments either.

Maybe you are right, but 97 have players like Asplund, Kylington, Grundström, Lööke, J Lindgren, Eriksson EK, Bouramman, L Carlsson, Ahl, J larsson. All of this would do probably ok already in this year WJC 20.

But either way. Togheter 96 and 97 is more than deep enough to make it really hard for a 98 to make the team next year, and that was my main point.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Missing Timashov, Kovacs, Forsling, Lagesson etc, it's outrageous :sarcasm:

Pretty expected though. Lagesson & Forsling are on the bubble, Timashov & Kovacs are probably not even considered. Just guessing of course.

Klown

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
How would EP know, though?

If it's real, I miss Captain Pilut on that team. But I know the competition for a spot on the defence is hard this year.

Edit, and didn't Caps say Burakowsky could play?

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
How would EP know, though?

If it's real, I miss Captain Pilut on that team. But I know the competition for a spot on the defence is hard this year.

Edit, and didn't Caps say Burakowsky could play?

Don't think Pilut gets any consideration tbh. He suits better for a softer game on bigger ice IMO.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
No:

Burakovsky
Bristedt
Crus-Rydberg
Timashov
Olofsson F
Lööke

Andersson
Cederholm
Pilut
Krupic
Lagesson
Forsling

Sandström

Klown

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
Don't think Pilut gets any consideration tbh. He suits better for a softer game on bigger ice IMO.

Well, Pilut plays thougher and bigger than his size. But I haven't seen him play on small ice plus I really like him so I am probably biased.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I would love Timashov on the team especially if Burakovsky doesn't play. I think we could use another creative forward, plus he is comfortable on the small ice surface.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad