Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v54) ALDS Gm4: @ TEX | Mon Oct 12 | 4pm ET/1pm PT | Dickey vs Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Gibby just confirmed Price would not be available for game 5 all. Makes sense.

as much as it's nice to know as a fan. I'd rather not have our manager come out and say something like that. Keep Texas in the dark as to whether Price might be available or not.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Against Texas no....they have always had his number....history shows it

Exactly. It's actually good that he pitched today..We dont want him when it really matters.....3 runs in 3 innings is not going to do it in the final game

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Do you mean Wednesday, or ever? I suspect he's out for Wednesday because of pitch count, not runs.

You need to look at the nuances of how those runs were scored. Consider the seeing-eye hits that could easily have been outs, and consider that he was pitching with three days rest since starting on Thursday- likely after too much rest in that case. He's not been his dominant self, but he's a good pitcher and you don't toss him on the heap so easily. Remember, every pitcher is going to give up runs. You can't overreact to a small sample size.

Mostly mean wednesday. I think price matches up well against the astros and royals. Not texas.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
The media are vultures trying to make something out of Gibbons and Dickey/Price.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The words from Stroman when Jays were down 2 games to 0

Marcus Stroman ‏@MStrooo6 Oct 10

The love from the fans has been unbelievable. I respect and thank you all so much. We feed off it. Keep supporting. We're not done yet!

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
The words from Stroman when Jays were down 2 games to 0

Now it's on his shoulders, and I feel very confident. I don't know why, but I feel more confident when he's pitching than any other pitcher. Price is pretty close, and Estrada is up there. But Stro is so calm and relaxed, no matter how big the game seems to be.

Going to be a great game 5.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This entire post-game PC has been awkward and uncomfortable.

I REALLY hope Gibbons didn't just fracture the good locker room vibes.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Ya because texas has looked so scared of price.

it's not about being afraid of Price, it's about the uncertainty of who's available to pitch. If we bring Loup into game 5, and then take him out then we have no lefties available so the Texas manager can freely PH lefties knowing there's nobody to come in for that left on left matchup. Whereas if they don't say anything the Texas manager doesn't know if they PH a lefty if Price is available to come in.

Less info for the other manager is always better.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Is it too late to trade him for future considerations???

Any trying to trash on Price isn't right...Him going 9 -1 down the stretch got the Jays a 5 game series .....not a wild card or a playoff miss..

All the focus should be on game 5 .....only thing that matters now

yoss

May 25, 2011
They asked Gibbons the same ****ing question about 8 times. Not a fan of these media folk down in Texas. And I thought Dickie should have stayed in one more out to get the win, but i respect the reasoning behind the decision.

ANyhoo, great comeback hope they can complete the comeback on wednesday, would make advancing all the more glorious. :handclap:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
They asked Gibbons the same ****ing question about 8 times. Not a fan of these media folk down in Texas. And I thought Dickie should have stayed in one more out to get the win, but i respect the reasoning behind the decision.

ANyhoo, great comeback hope they can complete the comeback on wednesday, would make advancing all the more glorious. :handclap:

The Texas guys are upset Jays used Price in 4 ,because they figured they could ruff him up in game 5....Gibby out smarted them

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Why do you say that?

Are you watching? It's pretty obvious IMO.

Gibbons hesitating several times on tense questions. Dickey getting asked point blank about Gibbons not trusting his knuckleball and then coming out with a noncommittal answer.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Are you watching? It's pretty obvious IMO.

Gibbons hesitating several times on tense questions. Dickey getting asked point blank about Gibbons not trusting his knuckleball and then coming out with a noncommittal answer.

I don't think it's about trust...a 41 year old man in 35 degree heat up 8-1...We need Dickey if we are going to next round ....a little extra rest never hurt anyone over 40 ....

At 8-1 Dickey did his job....no sense keeping him out there...better rested for round 2....

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I don't think it's about trust...a 41 year old man in 35 degree heat up 8-1...We need Dickey if we are going to next round ....a little extra rest never hurt anyone over 40 ....

Eh, he only needed one more out.

Regardless of all that though - it doesn't change the fact that the PC was awkward.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The Texas guys are upset Jays used Price in 4 ,because they figured they could ruff him up in game 5....Gibby out smarted them

Yes, The Jays pretty much decided they are not going use Price in game 5 no matter what.

It's all about confidence and Texas has it on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad