Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v51) ALDS Gm2: vs TEX | Fri Oct 9 | 12:30ET/9:30PT | Hamels vs Stroman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Revere's at bats weren't really inspiring much confidence either. The Jays are relying on him to get on base at the top of the lineup. Well when you have 2-0 counts they are probably hoping for better results than grounders to infielders.

The guys behind him weren't doing much, but that doesn't mean Revere was some special specimen for the team. DeShields has shown to be a significantly better leadoff guy in the small sample.

91Kadri91*

Revere is top 5 in hits among MLB batter over the last several years, that's quite the long hot streak. His SB totals are up there too, but yeah he sucks. Are you new to baseball?

Are you? He's got a 102 wRC+ with Jays, and has yet to hit (at any point in his career) for a league-average wRC+ over the course of an entire season.

Bigleaf

Jun 21, 2008
Cecil gone with a significant calf tear. Oh well. Par for the course this post season.

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
No. But judging by the fact you're judging Revere by his "singles" and "stolen bases". I guess I could ask you the same question, it'd only be fair, no?

Not really.

Last time I checked, you wanted your lead off hitter to hit .300+ and steal bases.

Do you watch a different type of baseball?

mikebel111*

2 month slump should concern you, although he was injured for 3 weeks of those 2 months, is that why you're not concerned?

So 5 years track record means nothing over a 2 month sample size
Okay than

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I'm not sure why people are crapping on Revere?

What do you want from your leadoff man? Get on base. Does it matter how he gets on base? No.

mikebel111*

Not really.

Last time I checked, you wanted your lead off hitter to hit .300+ and steal bases.

There is more to hitting than .300

Sorry but its true

I will take a slumping Reyes over Revere.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Not really.

You're only helping my point. Revere has a career wRC+ that is well below the league average, then you add in his less than impressive defense. Batting average is not the way to judge a player.

Trouba95*

A .300 hitter who can't take walks. And a .300 hitter who pre-dominantly hits singles. Not a good hitter. A good hitter has a .350-400 OBP with many, many HRs and doubles.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Jays had 1 walk in 14 innings. This is a lineup that lead the league in walks this year. That tells you all you need to know about the ump today. They take balls better than anybody.

They really looked nervous out there. It looked like the hype got to them.

The strength of the Jays was, their big hitters would wait and wait and wait for the perfect pitch to crush. If nothing else, force the pitcher to work for his outs- because their lineup is so deep that it's impossible to pitch around. Even there bottom lineup would take a ton of balls, which adds up. (This was said during a Yankees broadcast, and seemed like a very good explanation as to why the Jays were so efficient offensively, if you disagree, I'd love to see another explanation).

I'd like to say that, if/when they lose the series, they'll move on to next year, get used to the hype and do better: but this being baseball, and the age of the Jays team, I'm not confident at all that they can have this kind of success next year. They seemed unstoppable for most of the 2nd half, right up till the end.

And I'm pretty sure tape is a massive thing in baseball, some players watch a ton of tape on the pitchers in their League and learn their habits and tendencies. Reinforced by playing them constantly. Tulo will get better, baring injury.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
1466879703152034448.gif

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Less pressure in Texas? Am I the only one thinking this?

I don't think it's over. Both games have been close but Rangers are stroking their luck.

Their luck? Jays lost both games for themselves with costly errors and poor pitching yesterday.

mikebel111*

Elimination games

I say put Tulo in leadoff.
Get your best hitters at top. And yes Tulo is still one of your best even in a dlump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad