Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v42) Next: vs TB| Sat, Sept 26| 1pm ET/10am PT| Archer vs Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Wait, what? You're not talking about the Smoak-to-Goins error? :help:

Uh yeah. Tepera was pitching for the Smoak/Goins play, we're talking about any runners that would be credited to Cecil which was the Barney play as that's when Cecil was pitching

The Barney play was called a double, wasn't it? That wasn't an error. Or at least it shouldn't have been. He had no chance on that one.

No it went off his glove, it was called an error.

Obviously I know what a fielders choice is, I was confused as hell how you could think that Barney play would be scored a fielders choice, clearly a mixup which I didn't realize until that last post :laugh:

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
No it went off his glove, it was called an error.

It's a judgement call. Even if it went off the glove, he had to make a headlong dive and barely got any of it. It should have been ruled a hit.

Obviously I know what a fielders choice is, I was confused as hell how you could think that Barney play would be scored a fielders choice, clearly a mixup which I didn't realize until that last post :laugh:

:laugh:

There was a discussion about 5 posts before yours about the Goins error. I confused you for another poster responding to that.

Hopefully at least my confusion educated some of our new fans on the rules of scoring a fielder's choice. :laugh: :)

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
they got hungover?

They clinched their division Thursday night, and their lineup for yesterday was basically all backup players who went out and got 1 hit by Carrasco yesterday.

Anyone watching "the Pillar show"? That "TV dive" his #2 catch of the year. That was an hilarous comment at the time :laugh:

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I think if Barney would have kept the ball in the infield it would have been a hit even if it went off his glove but because he hit it and slowed the ball down for a double they ruled it an error

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
By the way, dare I ask who was our starting centre fielder at the start of the season? Given the team's lack of quality outfielders, especially in the first half, I'm sort of scared to ask.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
By the way, dare I ask who was our starting centre fielder at the start of the season? Given the team's lack of quality outfielders, especially in the first half, I'm sort of scared to ask.

Dalton Pompey.

He demonstrated at 4 levels last year he could likely handle it. Is probably better defensively than Pillar, or at least as good, which is a scary thought.

It just seemed to get to his head a bit, being a starter in the majors, afraid to make mistake, and he got sent down after a month.

Then he was brutal in Buffalo for a month, and got sent down to AA where he got it back together and showed the same stuff he showed all of last season in the minors.

imo Pompey is probably as good of a player as Pillar or better. As good defense, more speed, and imo a better bat, but he's got to get out of his own head and just play baseball like he knows how. He could easily beat out Pillar for the CF spot next year.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I'm a little concerned about Osuna going into the playoffs...and not just based on his recent performances, just the fact that he's a 20 year old kid expected to close out games in the postseason.

Right now he stands out as one of this team's few question marks.

mikebel111*

I'm a little concerned about Osuna going into the playoffs...and not just based on his recent performances, just the fact that he's a 20 year old kid expected to close out games in the postseason.

Right now he stands out as one of this team's few question marks.

if he hasn't cracked in the last month where there has been pressure. Why would he start in the playoffs. Basically all these games are like playoff games and he is handing that. I am not worried about him to be honest despite last week or so

I am even inclined to say he is one of our strengths

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
if he hasn't cracked in the last month where there has been pressure. Why would he start in the playoffs. Basically all these games are like playoff games and he is handing that. I am not worried about him to be honest despite last week or so

I am even inclined to say he is one of our strengths

he's given up runs in his past few outings. He's lucky he had a big cushion today.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
he's given up runs in his past few outings. He's lucky he had a big cushion today.

He's lucky? Tepera, Smoak/Goins, and Barney put 3 runners on. The 3 that scored. They're the onles that's lucky we have a bigger lead. Had it been a regular, Osuna starts the inning save opportunity he wouldn't have even given up a run.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
White Sox blew it again hmm? Nothing new there.

Ventura is a terrible manager. He knew Danks had a high pitch count (I think in the high 80's to begin the 7th) and he stayed with him with one run lead..fully knowing how this guy usually is and of course he gives up a 2 runs. Then he goes to the BP... smart.

I really don't understand managers who keep their starters in just to allow them to screw up and then go to the BP. If your plan is to go to the BP to begin with then have that guy start the inning. Gibbons does the same thing sometimes. It drives me nuts and to be quite honest imo it's stupid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad