Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v13) Next: @ CWS | Wed, July 8 | 8pm ET/5pm PT | Hutchison vs Danks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
And my point is: maybe this is what he is. (Maybe, being the key word. It is only his second full year in the bigs)

I don't think there is anything to indicate that he's suddenly going to become a starter with a 3.25 ERA.

There's plenty to indicate he's going to become a starter with a 3.80 ERA, though.

Another commonly ignored factor: he's 24.

LaCarriere

But you think his road splits this season indicate he has limited potential and should be demoted?

Again, I'll turn that around and say do you think his home splits indicate he's a good pitcher and should have a starters job?

If you just took his road splits he should have been DFAed by now. If you took his home splits he's an all-star.

The realistic analysis at this point is he's simply inconsistent.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I didn't think Travis hit that that hard. Looked to me like an average hit ball, that would have been an easy out if it was hit more to the left or right, but damn that got warning track

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
At this point, if they get two starters, I'm sending Hutch and Dickey to the bullpen. Although, that doesn't really help the pen much.

My point is, if they seriously want to contend they can't keep limping along with two of the five starters with ERAs over 5.00.

Either these two guys get it together, or they need to look at other options.

It's the second half of the season. It's time to put up or shut up for both of them.

I've never really understood why people think he is a front of the rotation guy in waiting. I've never seen him as more than a 4th or 5th starter.

I'm really suck of Hutch's crap. It's the second half of the season. They're a game and a half out of first. It's time for him to put up or shut up.

Again, I'll turn that around and say do you think his home splits indicate he's a good pitcher and should have a starters job?

If you just took his road splits he should have been DFAed by now. If you took his home splits he's an all-star.

The realistic analysis at this point is he's simply inconsistent.

I'm referring to the two posts by Longshot. He's inconsistent sure, but he's also 24 with plenty of potential. I'm not the one making judgments based on splits or small sample sizes. When you look at Hutchison's ERA, whether that's at home, on the road, or altogether, understand why he has that ERA using his DIPS and underlying statistics. This is like the discussion on Morrow all over again.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I find he goes to the high fastball too much instead of a breaking ball

He's naturally a flyball pitcher so I get why he does it. I would like to see him locate better at the bottom of the zone, but more often than not batters can't time up that high fastball of his.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Is Reyes bunting for a hit or to sacrifice?

I don't get why you would sacrifice there.

Travis is at second and is fast.

Reyes is your lead off hitter.

There is no chance of a double play.

Why not let him hit and play for a big inning with the big bats coming up?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Gordon left that KC game with a left groin strain lol. Didn't it look like his knee?

LaCarriere

Is Reyes bunting for a hit or to sacrifice?

I don't get why you would sacrifice there.

Travis is at second and is fast.

Reyes is your lead off hitter.

There is no chance of a double play.

Why not let him hit and play for a big inning with the big bats coming up?

Because if you bunt him over to 3rd you're ahead of where you are right now.

1 out runner on 3rd > 1 out runner on 2nd.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I didn't ignore anything. Re-read what I said and pay particular attention to the part where I say: "maybe."

I didn't say you did. I said it was commonly ignored, which I find it is in most discussions about Hutch. That particular point wasn't meant to be directed specifically at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad