Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v11) Next: @TB | Mon, Jun 22 | 7pm ET / 4pm PT | Hutchison vs Andriese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Well, at least you can't blame Gibbons for anything concerning Estrada since he's not even managing.

somebody will still blame Gibby though. probably will say it's his fault for getting tossed and not giving himself a chance to make the decision

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
When Travis comes back will the hitting order likely be like this?

Reyes
Donaldson
Bautista
Encarnacion
Martin
ColaBello
Smoak
Pillar
Travis

Goins is hitting well lately, we need a 10 man lineup lol

Reyes
Donaldson
Bautista
Encarnacion
Martin
Colabello
Smoak
Pillar
Travis
Goins

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
A "crappier shortstop" wouldn't get to the ball, but the runner also would not have taken 2nd as the player never would have thrown the ball away.

Not the best example there.

I don't see that as an error on the 3B. The throw was right to first and it was the first baseman's responsibility to make sure the ball didn't get by him to keep Colabello at first. It's not like Machado air mailed it into the first row.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I was making that argument to my father the other day when we were watching the game together. I was like in 100 balls hit to Donaldson and Sandoval would you prefer 95 made plays, and 5 throwing errors from Donaldson, or 70 made plays, 0 errors and 30 singles with Sandoval?

There's really no leg to stand on with the 2nd argument, you have to be a brutal thrower to make so many errors on all the balls you get to to make up for the extra balls you do get to that others don't

It's such a simple argument, but there was a time many in baseball thought that was ridiculous. And would argue that Sandoval was the better fielder because he made zero errors compared to the five made by Donaldson in that scenario.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Well sure but it's not really as prestigious or something you avoid talking about. Its more of a "hey, cool" thing.

In the entire history of the Jays franchise there has been one.

If there is another tonight, regardless of whether or not the starter finishes it, believe me - it will be prestigious and a big moment.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
could buck mention it anymore than he has? It's like he's trying to slip it in every opportunity he gets.

That's just stupid. Are you one of the people who tweets Wilner about it because he normally mentions it when one gets ruined this late.

You can't impact anything by saying it. The only thing I wouldn't do it say it to the pitcher because it could get it his head and actually affect things. The pitcher can't head the broadcaster talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad