2015 NHL Entry Draft Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateTheGr8

Aug 17, 2012
Canada
Nathan Noel from the Sea Dogs, drafted 3rd overall his draft year to the Q. Played In SSM where Parise,Toews and Mackinnon developed their games.

Average size centre, can fight, look at his fight vs Nicholas Roy. He destroys him. Hard on the forechecking and incredible hands, projects as a 2nd-3rd line centre with offense

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Damn, that is an early 2015 draft thread.

Won't complain though, there's a lot of interesting players next year. Do you guys believe McDavid could be the next Crosby (100+ pts every year) or will he "only" be a great player (80+ in his best years)?

he'll be more tavares-like imo

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
'Q has Jérémy Roy, Nicolas Roy and Daniel Sprong. J. Roy has a slight edge over the others for me.

I also like Allard, Meloche, Brisebois, Bell, Noel, Booth, Richard and Carrier.

A much better crop for the 'Q, loaded with talent on D.

Daniel Sprong.

Don't believe the 5'10 - 160 numbers you see floating around.

He's extremely large for a 5'10 - 160 guy. If I'd have to guess his measurements when I saw him in Gatineau, I would have said he's more in the 5'11 - 185 area.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
Yes, 2015 would be the best year to tank for the Habs. One step back, for one big step forward after. Just let the youngs play (Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn, Nygren, Andrighetto, etc.), don't buy UFA/expensive player, trade who you don't see with the team in two years (ex.: Gorges, Plek or Desharnais, maybe one of the young D) and try to find more young players to fill the holes.

And select in the top 14, a good top 6 offensive player.

blueberry

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Yes, 2015 would be the best year to tank for the Habs. One step back, for one big step forward after. Just let the youngs play (Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn, Nygren, Andrighetto, etc.), don't buy UFA/expensive player, trade who you don't see with the team in two years (ex.: Gorges, Plek or Desharnais, maybe one of the young D) and try to find more young players to fill the holes.

And select in the top 14, a good top 6 offensive player.

I agree, let the chips fall where they may. A couple of more good guys and we're away. Play the kids and get rid of the ones that won't be a part of it. Get more picks if possible and in one or two years we'll be a powerhouse. It'll be good training for the kids as well and we'll know which ones to keep.Two years I figure if we do it right. We gotta get more talent though.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Other than the Roy's who are the other top Quebecois players?

some of them, there are others who should be considered like Bell, Henley and a few others

Nicolas Meloche: had a very good year in Baie-Comeau. Veilleux managed his minutes, if he can take the next step, 1st round grade for him. Loves to jump in the play, still some work to do defensively but thinks the game well.

Guillaume Brisebois: Very good defensively. Not the biggest of guys and question marks offensively.

Daniel Sprong: Dynamic offensive player. Tons of talent, should challenge for a top-10 spot.

Anthony Richard: Tons of speed. Needs to improve on his overall game. Probably more of a mid-round guy.

Shawn Ouellet St-Amant: Very smart kid. 2-way guy, good skills, not very big. Really like him. Mid to late round guy probably.

Gabriel Gagné: Tall kid, good shot, good 2-way game. Could be a big riser next year.

Anthony Beauvillier: Small kid but very talented. Had a tough time adjusting to the league. Doesn't play on a good team either. Less physical, more talented version of Daniel Audette.

Alexandre Carrier: Not the biggest of D's but thinks the game very well. 1st round talent but comes in a small package.

Loïk Léveillé: Has underwhelmed a bit. Thought he'd have 1st round potential, hasn't lived up to expectations. Still a good player. Needs a very good year.

Thomas Chabot: Had a good year for SJ. Good 2-way game.

Callum Booth: Could be the top goalie of the draft. Big athletic kid for the Remparts. Will be given the opportunity to be the n'1 for Québec this year. Remparts will host the Memorial Cup.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Anthony Richard: Tons of speed. Needs to improve on his overall game. Probably more of a mid-round guy.

I never looked at guys who are 2 years away from their NHL draft as tons of things can change.....but what you're telling me is that I'm totaly overrating Richard if I think that his upside could be Fabbri? As I said, I never looked at those guys that much but always was impressed by him every game I saw. Same for St-Amand....this guy has an impressive IQ.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
I never looked at guys who are 2 years away from their NHL draft as tons of things can change.....but what you're telling me is that I'm totaly overrating Richard if I think that his upside could be Fabbri? As I said, I never looked at those guys that much but always was impressed by him every game I saw. Same for St-Amand....this guy has an impressive IQ.

I'd have Fabbri way ahead. On a side note, thought Fabbri brought the most value of any first round pick this year.

Richard is a very good junior player for sure. That said, you have to take into account that Richard is a late birthday. He's basically the same age as players drafted this year. I think his future in the NHL is more as a 2-way player who can create havoc on the PK with his speed. That said, size will always hold him back a little in a defensive role.

Richard is more proven than St-Amant but I tend to like St-Amant better as a player. Not as good a skater but love his hockey IQ and hands. Should be interesting to see what kind of season in 2014-2015.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I'd have Fabbri way ahead. On a side note, thought Fabbri brought the most value of any first round pick this year.

Richard is a very good junior player for sure. That said, you have to take into account that Richard is a late birthday. He's basically the same age as players drafted this year. I think his future in the NHL is more as a 2-way player who can create havoc on the PK with his speed. That said, size will always hold him back a little in a defensive role.

Richard is more proven than St-Amant but I tend to like St-Amant better as a player. Not as good a skater but love his hockey IQ and hands. Should be interesting to see what kind of season in 2014-2015.

St-Amant is annoying as hell to play against too, finishes his checks more often than Richard who beats people with speed and smarts. I prefer Richard personally, but as you said it might not remain the case a year from now;)

One guy I feel you forgot is Frédéric Allard out of Chicoutimi. He's certainly a 1st round talent as of now for me, was manning the PP for the Sags by the end of the year. I'm not sure how tall he is, but he certainly looked over 6'00 when he was in Sherbrooke late last season. Could be that the Phoenix is just so small that it's easy to tower them too:laugh:

Allard is very poised with the puck and makes the smart play all the time. I find it outrageous that he was not invited at the U-18 camp, but again, you look at all the RD they invited (Roy, Meloche and Pilon notably) and you can't really say he's better than those. The right side for rearguards is stacked for the 97s in Canada, to say the least.

As for Richard vs Fabbri, you never know. But Fabbri had one heck of a year development wise, Richard would have to improve a lot to equal him.

Sherbrooke will again be fun to follow draftwise. Lots of Draft eligible players in Deslauriers, Roy, Harwell and Fontaine.:)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
St-Amant is annoying as hell to play against too, finishes his checks more often than Richard who beats people with speed and smarts. I prefer Richard personally, but as you said it might not remain the case a year from now;)

One guy I feel you forgot is Frédéric Allard out of Chicoutimi. He's certainly a 1st round talent as of now for me, was manning the PP for the Sags by the end of the year. I'm not sure how tall he is, but he certainly looked over 6'00 when he was in Sherbrooke late last season. Could be that the Phoenix is just so small that it's easy to tower them too:laugh:

Allard is very poised with the puck and makes the smart play all the time. I find it outrageous that he was not invited at the U-18 camp, but again, you look at all the RD they invited (Roy, Meloche and Pilon notably) and you can't really say he's better than those. The right side for rearguards is stacked for the 97s in Canada, to say the least.

As for Richard vs Fabbri, you never know. But Fabbri had one heck of a year development wise, Richard would have to improve a lot to equal him.

Sherbrooke will again be fun to follow draftwise. Lots of Draft eligible players in Deslauriers, Roy, Harwell and Fontaine.:)

Was just saying that I saw Richard, not that a lot, but that his upside "could" be Fabbri. But you are right...tons of improvement to do to be happening.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Was just saying that I saw Richard, not that a lot, but that his upside "could" be Fabbri. But you are right...tons of improvement to do to be happening.

Oh yeah certainly, he could become a similar player. We'll see how he handles the increase of ice time and the top pairings of the opponents, that should tell us a lot.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy

Allard is 2016 bound. Late birthday. What's even more mind boggling is that he wasn't even taken on Team Québec for the U17 last winter. Made no sense whatsoever. They took some midget guys ahead of him.

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014

It would be incredible if we could get our hands on Rantanen or Svechnikov but I think they will be out of reach as both are top 10 imho. Rantanen will probably have more ice time with TPS and Svechnikov will most likely be one of the best forwards (if not the best) in the Q.

Could you imagine Svechnikov-Galchenyuk-Scherbak together? :amazed:

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Allard is 2016 bound. Late birthday. What's even more mind boggling is that he wasn't even taken on Team Québec for the U17 last winter. Made no sense whatsoever. They took some midget guys ahead of him.

Jeremy Lauzon is another guy who was not on the Quebec U17, he's a guy to watch out for next year. Played a lot in Rouyn after Dillon Fournier was hurt.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
don't worry we'll get Toronto's 2015 1st for Gorges and we'll end up with a top 10 pick :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad