GDT: 2015 NHL Entry Draft [Flames pick Anderson @ 53, Kylington @ 60, 136, 166, 196]

Status
Not open for further replies.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Implying? No, not all all.

I am outright saying it. You see a higher percentage of Russian players with entitlement issues than any other nationality. I think much of it is the fact back home they are treated differently by the government for simply being hockey players.

Of maybe it's just the culture difference ?

Anyways, if they (meaning Russians) don't get what they want in the NHL money-wise, why stick around in a foreign land when you can just go home and get the money or circumstances you'd like?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Of maybe it's just the culture difference ?

Anyways, if they (meaning Russians) don't get what they want in the NHL money-wise, why stick around in a foreign land when you can just go home and get the money or circumstances you'd like?
And why would you draft someone that is just going to leave for more money the first chance possible? You draft the guys with stronger character, that will be more loyal to your organization.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
How the hell has Nathan Noel from the SJ Sea Dogs not been drafted yet? Ranked 54th by central scouting and even three of his forward teammates were drafted before him. Hope we snag him up since he has been by far the best forward for SJ, he has also finished top 20 in every category at the Combine.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
How the hell has Nathan Noel from the SJ Sea Dogs not been drafted yet? Ranked 54th by central scouting and even three of his forward teammates were drafted before him. Hope we snag him up since he has been by far the best forward for SJ, he has also finished top 20 in every category at the Combine.

Didn't even realize he was still on the board.

Had hoped he would be there for one of our 3rd rounders originally. Would be a great pick.

St Wardo

Registered Prophet
Oct 16, 2013
New Brunswick

I'm more surprised Adam Marsh hasn't gone yet tbh. Not a huge Noel fan

Flaming Satan

Driving into Legacy
May 29, 2014
YYC

what about Tomas Novak?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I'm more surprised Adam Marsh hasn't gone yet tbh. Not a huge Noel fan

Based on this, I'm not.

“There were rumors around him, but his on-ice ability was good, and there was great potential and upside if you gave the kid an opportunity for a fresh start. The teams that wouldn’t touch him didn’t do their due diligence … [Marsh] has NHL talent. He has taken that step forward this year and put himself in a position to be an NHL player.”
Sounds like there are off-ice issues.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
ANDREW MANGIAPANE

Going by that whole visualizing names in the NHL thing (which is totally a real thing), that's a bust right there.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
43 goals, 104 points in 68 games. A year older than this draft class, undersized, not too informed about this kid. Anyone know him well?

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
And why would you draft someone that is just going to leave for more money the first chance possible? You draft the guys with stronger character, that will be more loyal to your organization.

I guess I just wouldn't put that in the "character category. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad