GDT: 2015 NHL Entry Draft [Flames pick Anderson @ 53, Kylington @ 60, 136, 166, 196]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Amazing, amazing job! Kylington may not hit but his potential is amazing. If nothing else, he will help our transition game immensely. Andersson was a great pick to, so happy right now.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, those two defencemen make a big difference to our defence "cupboard."

Now features, T-spoon, Culkin, Hickey, Kulak, Andersson, Kylington. Very respectable.
Morrison is possibly our best D prospect. At worst he is on par with Wotherspoon. And I wouldn't write off Kanzig, at worst he's a wild card.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Amazing, amazing job! Kylington may not hit but his potential is amazing. If nothing else, he will help our transition game immensely. Andersson was a great pick to, so happy right now.

I've been living in Karlstad [where Färjestad play] and Kylington is a steal at #60. If he gets his head on straight he'll become a NHL D-man for sure. Congrats!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Morrison is possibly our best D prospect. At worst he is on par with Wotherspoon. And I wouldn't write off Kanzig, at worst he's a wild card.

Well ****, I wasn't Trying to name everyone.

But yeah, Morrison and Sieloff are glaring omissions. Also what about that guy from Europe?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
4 goalies in the third round already. Good thing for us, as we don't care at all about getting a goalie in this draft.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
How long are you in town again?

And how did the meet up go?
leave Thursday evening.

And it was great. Hox, Stewie, UC, II, Janko, Carolina's Identity and myself all made it out. Everyone was great.

Although I am in rough shape today, no hangover but my leg and everything else hurt from the stairs by the LRT over there.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
what a time to be a Flames fan. Absolutely love the trade then we get two amazing picks. Give a solid props to our management guys this is how you don't go full Oilers. Treliving is love, Treliving is life.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Well ****, I wasn't Trying to name everyone.

But yeah, Morrison and Sieloff are glaring omissions. Also what about that guy from Europe?
Ollas-Mattsson has Kanzig size almost but he is painfully slow from what I understand

Rafikov is a wildcard too

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
Getting Kylington so far down the draft is a steal. He's a high-risk/high-reward prospect. He could be the next David Rundblad or turn into poor man's version of Erik Karlsson. Fortunately, the Flames can be patient with him and not rush him.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I've been living in Karlstad [where Färjestad play] and Kylington is a steal at #60. If he gets his head on straight he'll become a NHL D-man for sure. Congrats!

I just love his speed and skating ability, he's got some really good offensive instincts as well. He needs work, but I agree if he figures it out we may have got a steal. Thanks!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He's another. I was referring to the FA signing, though.

Nakladal! That's it.

EDIT: ****, man, our D pipeline is stuffed.
Nakladal is more or less another Cervenka, a NA rookie but like 26 years old.

I think us lacking defensemen in our pipeline is a myth, we lack NHL ready prospects on the blueline and lack ones with top pairing potential.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
I have never actually taken the time to log in on my phone away from my laptop to post. I'm just so stoked right now how well this rebuild is going and the direction management is taking. First we make the playoffs, then we make a robbery trade acquiring a potential franchise defenseman, then with the picks we have we still snag first round caliber players. All we need next is a big top six winger and a goalie (hopefully one of our prospects work out), then I think our team is pretty much set for a while. The best part? It's only been 2.5 years.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
My D prospect rankings:
1. Hickey
2. Morrison
3. Kylington
4. Culkin
5. Rafikov
6. Andersson
7. Wotherspoon
8. Kulak
9. Kanzig
10. Sieloff

Honestly all of these guys could still play in the NHL, who know's who will though. Definitely our blueline is the strength of our team (along with center).

Now I hope we find a way to get Martin Jones for prospects. Let Ortio and Jones battle it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad