2015 NHL Draft Thread III (6/26-7PM, 6/27-10AM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Don't remember saying that. I said he is still going to be good. Our younger guys will make up for the difference (if there is a difference). Do you not expect Jenner, Wennberg, and Dano to put up more points?

I think you said you didn't expect Foligno to regress. That is different than saying he is still going to be good. 55 points is still good but its about a 20% regression in points.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Did they really think he wouldn't fall to them at 34?

I am guessing that is exactly why they traded up. I don't think they thought, hey, we can get this guy at 34, but let's go ahead and just give away a pick to draft him a little earlier.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I like the Carlsson pick. Hes exactly the type of mobile shutdown player we need.

Also i think jarmo should stop pretending to be a bpa guy. 2013 was all forward, 2015 all d, that's 5 for 5 first round picks that went along with consensus team need. I'll leave Milano out of it because there wasn't a consensus that year about need.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Yes ... they are both Swedish :laugh:

In all seriousness, I can understand wanting to compare them and there are some similarities. I think Carlsson was overlooked by a lot of teams this year. The pick reminds me of when we picked Dano ... a guy that was maybe under the radar a bit, but better than people thought he was.
Yeah I'm not trying to be that guy who wants to compare his prospects to some of the best players at that position just because they're from the same country, but.. they have similar size, both LHD, stay-at-home types who are mobile. Good first pass with good sense. Just wondered if you or someone else with more knowledge on Carlsson felt the same way.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I like the Carlsson pick. Hes exactly the type of mobile shutdown player we need.

Also i think jarmo should stop pretending to be a bpa guy. 2013 was all forward, 2015 all d, that's 5 for 5 first round picks that went along with consensus team need. I'll leave Milano out of it because there wasn't a consensus that year about need.

See I told y'all. :laugh: I've been in touch with him subliminally all the past few weeks. Just kidding all you serious types out there. :laugh:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Just so I can complain about the most petty thing in this thread... Seems like Portzline is spending more time tweeting about Roslovic than our own guys.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Lots left for #38. SL anybody jump out at you. Lots of guys Central Scouting had ranked fairly high - Harkins 15th, Chlapik 18, Sprong 20, Roy 21, Pilon 24, Carlo 25, Bittner 26, plus lots more. I'd like Roy but don't think he'll last.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Just so I can complain about the most petty thing in this thread... Seems like Portzline is spending more time tweeting about Roslovic than our own guys.

Probably has access and knows family. It is a bigger story for Columbus hockey, at least at the moment.

Damn I wish we'd have been able to draft him.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Wow, they kept the announcements reasonably short this time.

Still, I await the day when some GM will just walk up to the podium, lean into the mic, and just say, "[name of player], get your ass down here."

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Future at F (potentially)

Milano - Johansen - Bjork
Rychel - Wennberg - Dano
Karlsson - Jenner - Zaar
??? - Chaput - Anderson

And future on D (potentially)

Murray - Werenski
Carlsson - Heatherington
?? - Collins

Not too shaby. Gotta keep building up the forwards though, can't just ignore them.

Last edited:

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

Rychel - Wennberg - Dano
Zaar - Karlsson - Anderson

Heatherington - Werenski
Carlsson - ??
?? - Collins

Not too shaby. Gotta keep building up the forwards though, can't just ignore them.

Murray?

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Rychel - Wennberg - Dano

Heatherington - Werenski
Carlsson - ??
?? - Collins

Forgetting a few?

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?

Rychel - Wennberg - Dano
?? - Karlsson - Anderson

Heatherington - Werenski
Carlsson - ??
?? - Collins

No Murray on there? Interesting.

Jackets have better RW prospects than I remember. Still need a RHD or a big time scorer on the LW...but it's very, very bright.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
I wonder if Jarmo was going strictly for a "safe" "he will at least play in the league" pick here with Carlsson. Seems a bit redundant with Heatherington and Collins in the system. I would have like to have seen another two way guy or someone with a little more offensive flair to their game, maybe like Kylington.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 4m4 minutes ago

#CBJ director of amateur scouting Paul Castron said he jokingly chided Winnipeg's scouting staff for taking Columbus kid Roslovic.

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 3m3 minutes ago

Castron on Roslovic: "We knew there was a chance he'd go in the 1st rd.. We wanted to get up there. We tried. But we couldn't get to him."

Sounds like the original plan was to go snag Roslovic. But once WPG picked him, they decided to proceed with their trade to get their next highest, Carlsson.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com

Rychel - Wennberg - Dano

Murray - Werenski
Carlsson - Heatherington
?? - Collins

We still have, like.. 7 more picks in this draft :laugh:

We'll take some forwards, I'm sure. Maybe Jansen Harkins? Jenner 2.0 :naughty:

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
I wonder if Jarmo was going strictly for a "safe" "he will at least play in the league" pick here with Carlsson. Seems a bit redundant with Heatherington and Collins in the system. I would have like to have seen another two way guy or someone with a little more offensive flair to their game, maybe like Kylington.

Interesting to hear why Kylington dropped so far. OTOH, I don't think you can ever have enough strong stay a home defensemen in the system. Especially since I think Heatherington will "graduate" soon.

Teams are always looking for solid defensemen. They are great chips in trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad