Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
This system is a ****ing joke, how does 1 team get 4 first overall picks in 6 years. Hall RNH Yakupov and McDavid. i am beyond pissed off, such a joke. That embarrassment of a team wins another lottery, as if they didnt have enough first overalls to begin with. **** this

Looks like another new rule should be implemented to stop that!

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
I think that Edmonton trades one of their centres, probably for up and coming 1D.
They'll still need a goalie, that might be a problem to find.

Hopefully McDavid pulls a Lindros :D

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
The drafting system will change for the next year right?

Edm is trading hopkins or hall for the maple leafs? Who do we want? Yakubov too is open minded.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
Maybe the only good thing to come out of Edmonton winning the draft is we will likely get to pick Dylan Strome

Actually less likely - if Buffalo or Arizona won, Edmonton would have taken Hanafin #3 - giving us the choice between Strome / Marner.

Now, Edmonton takes McDavid, Buff gets Eichel, and Arizon may take Strome / Marner at #3.

However - we'll still get the choice between 2 of Strome, Marner, and Hanafin.

Also - anyone else notice McDavid looked like he wanted to cry?

Leafy Undergrowth

Feb 4, 2013
The only consolation is that this will keep Edmonton management from getting fired, so they'll never build a good enough team around him to win anything.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
To everyone crying that if we were 3rd overall instead of 4th we would have won. If you changed that what else would change? Butterfly effect my friends.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I have long championed the idea that if you cap the number of top picks a team can have, and I championed it BECAUSE of the Oilers.

I still think that if you've picked 1st more than 3 times in 5 years, you can't pick higher than 5th. It stops rewarding colossal mismanagement and ineptitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad