Post-Game Talk: 2015 IIHF World Junior Championship

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Nurse was immense in that 3rd. I love Morrissey but Nurse was a tower of power that period, the most important period of the tourney for Canada

Yea I was a bit hard on Nurse but his 3rd period was really impressive. I will take JMo over him any day but he had an important stretch of play to help seal the deal so credit where credit is due.

Last edited:

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Yea I was a bit hard on Nurse but his 3rd period was really impressive. I will take JMo over him any day but he had an important stretch of play to help seal the deal so credit where credos is deal.

if I could have a personal motto then this would be it :yo:

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
That Slovakian goalie (Godla) needs a nice fat NA entry contract, to then play really well in the AHL, and then get smoked in his first few seasons in the NHL before heading back to Europe to retire.

Maybe reverse the first two steps. Call it the Markstrom (in progress).

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
For those interested these are the pools for next year
Pool A
Canada
Sweden
USA
Denmark
Swizterland
Pool B
Russia
Slovakia
Czech Republic
Finland
Belarus

Sweden, Canada, and USA in one pool. That won't be easy.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Initially I thought the same thing... but I wouldn't say Fucale was playing poorly overall, and switching between periods is not usually a good idea, especially with young players. You put Comrie in cold, and it doesn't necessarily turn out well for anyone except ex-communists.

I'd question your ability to evaluate goaltending, but I won't because that's not nice :)

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
That Slovakian goalie (Godla) needs a nice fat NA entry contract, to then play really well in the AHL, and then get smoked in his first few seasons in the NHL before heading back to Europe to retire.

Godla won't be signed at any time. He does not have the size or technique to be anywhere close to an NHL goalie. He had a GREAT tourney, but much like a Benjamin Conz there's not potential there.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
The MTS centre went nuts when they announced the win. Cheers at 5-1. Concerned gasps at 5-4. Then pure elation.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The most annoying part was when they had Stephen Harper on the radio for a brief interview and he basically regurgiated some cheap hockey cliches. Would have been nice to hear something insightful from the Prime Minister.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Petan and McDavid were robbed. Horrible 3 star selection for Canada.

Really:

Nurse, Domi and Rheinert.

Nurse shouldn't have been named (had a great 3rd period in the gold medal game though)

It would have been hard to really pick between Petan, Domi, McDavid, and Reinhart though, not sure who you leave out from that group.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Men's and Women's Olympic Gold Medalists and World Jr. Champions......the Universe is on course again.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I have no real thoughts about the outcome, but I am glad to see gold finally back in Canada's hands again. Morrissey and Petan had remarkable tournaments. Would have loved to see Comrie have more of the net, but Fucale played rather well outside of this game.

He was never tested until this game.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Is there a list somewhere that shows how many prospects were in the world juniors from each NHL team? Would be interesting to see how far ahead we were of everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad