Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Not that this is really all that relevant, I guess, but what exactly have you liked about Chiasson? He has to be one of the most unnoticeable players on the ice and his numbers speak to him being an utterly replaceable 4th liner. When I watch him play I see a big guy who doesn't play like a big guy most of the time. Occasionally he will work the boards effectively or make a nice pass from behind the net. Then he won't do that again for 2 or 3 games.

If they can get anything for him (and I mean anything) take it and run. Complete waste of a roster spot. Prince should be playing instead of Chiasson. It's just ridiculous how out of their way this team goes to be inefficient in player usage.

the last 5 or 6 games (more?) he has been skating hard, and pretty fast, using his body, going to the net more, cycling better, battling, no dumb penalties.
He's been a good bottom 6 guy. he did climb out of the minuses too and is +2 (i know not a big thing but i've been seeing him do little things much better and that could represent it a bit. also has some good consistent linemates)
His line can't play much better. he is a third of the line, so...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Prince should be playing instead of Chiasson. It's just ridiculous how out of their way this team goes to be inefficient in player usage.

Shane Prince is not a very good player when you play him as a RW. If he was a natural RWer, I imagine he would have already claimed that 3rd line spot, because our RW depth is super bad.

Sens are so overloaded at depth LW options right now... Dzingel, Paul, Prince, Puempel... it's a shame none of them seem comfortable enough on the right side to play their off wing consistently.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Shane Prince is not a very good player when you play him as a RW. If he was a natural RWer, I imagine he would have already claimed that 3rd line spot, because our RW depth is super bad.

Sens are so overloaded at depth LW options right now... Dzingel, Paul, Prince, Puempel... it's a shame none of them seem comfortable enough on the right side to play their off wing consistently.

it's between prince and puempel. Puempel could probably do it. Did he play a lot of RW here? I can't remember.

delchief

Jun 10, 2006

Well, here's a thought....

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Prince - Zib - Ryan
Smith - Pags - Lazar
Dzingle - Paul - Neil
(Chiasson)

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Brian LawtonVerified account
‏@brianlawton9
The @Senators are believed to have made a dynamic offer for the services of Jonathan Drouin. We will hopefully find out tomorrow.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
They'll leaf that into 2 NHLers.

I'd like Lazar + Wier + Prince for Drouin

I'd like like keep Chabot Chabot and White
On a similar note I would do Lazar + Ceci + 2nd if need be. Keep Chabot/White as they are our two best prospects ainec.

Drouin-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zbad-Stone
Macarthur-Pageau-Dzingle/Puempel/whoever is comfortable at rw
Prince-Paul-Neil
Chiasson/Mccormick

Methot-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Phaneuf
Claeson-Wideman
Boro

JackBauer

May 16, 2006
Ottawa, Ont.
On a similar note I would do Lazar + Ceci + 2nd if need be. Keep Chabot/White as they are our two best prospects ainec.

Drouin-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zbad-Stone
Prince-Paul-Neil
Chiasson/Mccormick

Methot-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Phaneuf
Claeson-Wideman
Boro

That's an insane proposal. Keep Chabot but give up Lazar + Ceci (I'm not even going to mention throwing in a pick). Ceci is a top 4 d-man today. Today. We hope that Chabot can be that some day. And somehow we are adding Lazar. I don't even know what to say.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Yes it does and that is the very reason there is so many teams are after him as is value is lower then it would be.

MSL demanded a trade to ONE TEAM ONLY and TB still got a massive haul. Demanding or requesting a trade does not always affect the return.

Maybe an even better example is Lindros.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Turris is probably a pretty good comparable trade. Player wants out. Both 3rd overall picks that hadn't lit it up in the NHL out of the gate. Where's Rundblad when you need him?

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

Drouin-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zbad-Stone
Prince-Paul-Neil
Chiasson/Mccormick

Methot-Karlsson
Wiercioch-Phaneuf
Claeson-Wideman
Boro

What makes Drouin a top line LW in Ottawa when he couldn't play 3rd line minutes in Tampa?

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Ceci alone should be worth more than Drouin. And people want to add? Too many folks falling big time for the "he dominated in junior" stuff.

Edmonton should throw out Yak for Drouin.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Does lawton know what he's talking about?

I hope it's not White.

I really don't want to trade White either. I don't think we get Drouin anyway though. However, Lawton has been right before and he was the former gm of the Lightning so we'll see if he's right.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Shane Prince is not a very good player when you play him as a RW.

Neither is alex Chaisson..

If we get Drouin, and MacArthur
Comes back from injury, I'm praying that Chaisson finally gets the boot.

Hoffman-Turri-Stone
Drouin-Zibby-Ryan
MacArthur-Pageau-Lazar
Paul-Smith-Neil

Looks absolutely fantastic to me. Lots of options for line combinations too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad