Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Last thread reached 1000, continue here.

Here are the noteworthy tweets again:

Brian Lawton ‏@brianlawton9 6m6 minutes ago
The @Senators are believed to have made a dynamic offer for the services of Jonathan Drouin. We will hopefully find out tomorrow.

Murray Pam @pammerhockey
Again two scouts told me a couple of weeks ago, they'd move Chabot or White without hesitation:

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
With Methot and Phaneuf in front of him.. He could see Chabot with the team next year playing 14-16 minutes a game.

He would be shelter but that's perfect. that's what should have happen with Ceci.

I guess it's not going to happen cuz you know... Boro.. DC's crush

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
If there really is a deal im guessing White + 3rd for Drouin

Well. If they think they can find another White next draft... I guess that is possible.

But White is progressing very fast and he's very good in all 3 zone. Not something we can say for Drouin.. I hope it's not White.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Oh Murray please don't do anything stupid, like trade Chabot or White for Drouin. We need those two studs on ELCs for 3 seasons to compete on a budget in that span.

Lazar + Prince I would be happy with.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If we get a deal done Its going to be out of left field. Won't be for one of the big names. Or at least one of the big names we know is available.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
IMO we can afford to move Chabot before White.

We are set on top 4 LD for 2-3 years.

White might be needed to anchor top 6 C spot in 2 years if Turris and Zib continue not to cut it.

I say just trade whoever you think will be lesser impact player between the two.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I don't think we'd be able to draft a White type player this draft.

But there seem to be couple of Chabot caliber D in this draft. ( Jakob Chychrun, Olli Juolevi, Mikhail Sergachyov,//

>> these ones not as much but still top 4 potential. Dante Fabbro, Jake Bean, Charlie McAvoy)

I think Chabot ends up the better player, but he might be the more strategic option to trade.

We've also bought some insulation with

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Man I am NOT easy with the idea of trading White for Drouin.

If Drouin busts, it could end up being another Bishop/Conacher fiasco.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

I don't really think Drouin will bust. 40 points in his first 89 games saddled with garbage linemates. Every offensive tool you want in a player, and above all insane hockey IQ. In the right environment he could be a Giroux.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
IMO we can afford to move Chabot before White.

We are set on top 4 LD for 2-3 years.

White might be needed to anchor top 6 C spot in 2 years if Turris and Zib continue not to cut it.

I say just trade whoever you think will be lesser impact player between the two.

Hard to tell honestly. In 2-3 years Chabot could be playing with Karl and we could be dangling Methot.

In 2-3 years White could be playing top 6 and we could be dangling one of our C.

IMO defense is always more important so I'd inch towards keeping Chabot. IMO Yzerman would rather have White too. No need for Chabot with Hedman, Garisson and Coburn all under contract. White can always play C or wing.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I don't think we'd be able to draft a White type player this draft.

But there seem to be couple of Chabot caliber D in this draft. ( Jakob Chychrun, Olli Juolevi, Mikhail Sergachyov,//

>> these ones not as much but still top 4 potential. Dante Fabbro, Jake Bean, Charlie McAvoy)

I think Chabot ends up the better player, but he might be the more strategic option to trade.

The way we are going we are probably going to pick 12th or 13th. Chychrun, Sergachev and Juolevi are probably going top 10. They are the only 3 defenseman that have similar potential as Chabot. Those other guys could be top 4 defensemen one day, but don't have the upside Chabot has. Chabot has legitimate top pairing potential.

This draft has many more promising forward prospects that we could replace White with, should we decide to love him. Guys like Keller, Jost, Brown, Bellows, Laberge - all these guys will likely be available in the 11-14 range, and they all have top 6 potential. They may not be as mature and ready to step into the league as White is, but their upsides aren't too far off.

It'd definitely much easier to replace White than Chabot in the 2016 draft. I'd much rather not trade either of them for Drouin, but if I had to choose one it would be White.

We've also bought some insulation with

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci

Which happens to be perfect insulation for Chabot. He can dominate junior his final season and step into the NHL in 2017/18 into a bottom pairing LD role, and eventually work his way up to the top 4 if/when Methot or Phaneuf take a step back in their play. Also apparently Phaneuf likes to play the offside, so he could potentially be the perfect partner for Chabot as well.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I think he'll (Drouin, I mean) be like a Cody Hodgson. Have 2-3 good years, then fizzle badly. Not really worth it.

No way would I trade Chabot. Phaneuf has been good for us, but I seriously doubt we will see this Phaneuf 3 years down the road. By that time, he'll be treated like Phillips' last year or two here. And...that's exactly when Chabot should be ready to take over the second pairing. And a year after that, he could be on the first pairing.

Three years from now, Chabot could easily have the value that a young D like Klingberg, Lindholm, Fowler or Hedman have in 2015-16. You just don't trade away those kinds of kids. And for a freaking winger? It just doesn't make sense.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I don't really think Drouin will bust. 40 points in his first 89 games saddled with garbage linemates. Every offensive tool you want in a player, and above all insane hockey IQ. In the right environment he could be a Giroux.

Any trade involving Drouin will be hard to stomach to be honest.

White could very well be an impact player just as much as Drouin in his own way. Just the fact that he plays C, great defensively and offensively,and has the ability to shutdown any player is ridiculously valuable. It's like playing against a guy like Bergeron, the guy may not produce a ton every year but he is one of the most valuable players in the NHL.

Drouin needs to work on his defensive game and thats no secret. He has speed and skill. Will most likely produce more than a guy like White. I'd love to see him with Zibby. Zib is not a playmaker at all, more like a crash and go to dirty areas C which is rare so he could fit with Drouin and either Stone or Ryan.

I would be tough to lose either Ehite or Chabot, but it would also feel nice to see this team banking on skill for once.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If im comparing seasons thus far, what white has done so far in NCAA is on par with current top line players in NHL.

That's difficult to give up on. Especially down the middle.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think he'll (Drouin, I mean) be like a Cody Hodgson. Have 2-3 good years, then fizzle badly. Not really worth it.

No way would I trade Chabot. Phaneuf has been good for us, but I seriously doubt we will see this Phaneuf 3 years down the road. By that time, he'll be treated like Phillips' last year or two here. And...that's exactly when Chabot should be ready to take over the second pairing. And a year after that, he could be on the first pairing.

Three years from now, Chabot could easily have the value that a young D like Klingberg, Lindholm, Fowler or Hedman have in 2015-16. You just don't trade away those kinds of kids. And for a freaking winger? It just doesn't make sense.

Man Hogson and Drouin are not alike at all.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If im comparing seasons thus far, what white has done so far in NCAA is on par with current top line players in NHL.

That's difficult to give up on. Especially down the middle.

Agreed.

We got damned lucky to get both White and Chabot last year. I don't want to move either of them. Drouin is too much of a risk.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
IMO call me crazy but i could see Hoffman+ for Drouin + Palat

Palat is not moving that I am certain of. They wouldn't trade Palat straight up for Hoffman. Palat is like Stone to them.

He's having one tougher year with injuries but they definitely won't trade him IMO. Incredible IQ and defensive play...

I also don't think Hoff is moving unless we really cant sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad