Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Rumours are rumours. I am sticking to the opinion that there is absolutely NO CHANCE that Chabot is traded, especially not for Duchene. Chabot is on a path to be as much on an impact player on our team as Duchene is on his, and people are talking about adding Zib and a first???

As for Bobby Mac's comment, so many of these are offhand, and not entirely insightful. I mean saying that we could move any defenceman not named EK or Methot (and I'd add Ceci to the mix) is the same as saying we are willing to move a mediocre defenceman in a trade for an upgrade.

Chabot is not in the mix, no chance.

I believe you are 100% right.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lazar+Ceci+1st

for RNH

Zibanejad and Wier for Seth Jones

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Puempel-RNH-Ryan
Michalek-Pageau-Chiasson
IDC

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Jones
Boro-Wideman

That's how you blockbuster

2 years from now:

Methot-Karlsson
Chabot-Jones

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Unless there's a name like Malkin or Stamkos coming back the other way, under no circumstances should we trade Chabot or Ceci for a forward. That would be a very backwards move for this team.

I rate Chabot extremely high and I have no interest in parting with him. I think he makes the team next year and will make an impact. He could be on the squad right now and be an improvement. He's the best prospect we've had since Erik Karlsson.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I agree, I mean.... having:

Turris
Duchene
Zibanejad
Pageau

Down the middle is insane but at what cost? Zero defense. Unless we can muster up another steal package. That 1st we give up for Duchene though would be high pick for them with our zero defense lol.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
I agree, I mean.... having:

Turris
Duchene
Zibanejad
Pageau

Down the middle is insane but at what cost? Zero defense. Unless we can muster up another steal package. That 1st we give up for Duchene though would be high pick for them with our zero defense lol.

How is that any different from now? We'll still have a crap defense, but at least we'll have improvement up front.

There aren't any quality defensemen on the market right now.But If we can improve in other areas, we should do it. No?

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
What it was

To Ottawa:

Duchene, Gormley

To Colorado:

Zibanejad, Ceci, Weircoich, Gagne.

Hoffman Duchene Ryan
MacArthur Turris Stone
9MM Pageau Lazar
Prince Smith Neil

Methot Karlsson
Cowen Wideman
Gormley Borocop

Phillips

Cause that's probably close to the real price tag.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Was Chabot just "speculation" that is being misinterpreted by some as a rumor?

Cowen makes a lot more sense for Colorado than Chabot. Unless they are going to blow it up, they need a guy who can come in and play now. Chabot obviously should be the better player in the future. I don't think Cowen plus Z alone gets it done though.

Chabot looked really good in the pre-season. Funny how if the Sens were offered Duchene for Zbad+the 18th(?) pick before the draft, people would have loved it, but once you attach a name to that pick, it becomes much harder to swallow.

I'm not a scout.......so without knowing what Sens management thinks of Chabot's potential, it is impossible to comment. But on the surface, that is a trade that has to be heavily considered. Duchene is much closer to a PPG c than he is to a 55 point C, and being a left handed C who is great on faceoffs and might be fun to watch with Karlsson....that is tempting.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
From what ive read they think chabot is karlsson replacemennt if he ever decides to test FA after his contract. By saying that i dont think hes in the mix

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger joins The Drive to talk about the Sens-Matt Duchene rumours & all things NHL.

http://proxy.autopod.ca/podcasts/chum/186/37410/hr2-2dreger.mp3

The only interesting thing that Dreger said about Duchene was bringing up how Ottawa was pushing so hard for a top-six forward in the summer. That's all that there really is to this story: BM made it clear that he wanted a forward previously, so Colorado asked if he was still looking.

The trade just doesn't make sense. We can't fulfill Colorado's needs for a top-4 defenceman. Unless we somehow con them into taking one of Weir/Cowen/Boro, this isn't happening.

(Also, Duchene doesn't spell his name the same way as Steve Duchesne? Never mind, I don't want him anymore. :sarcasm:)

scheps

May 28, 2015
BM has wanted a top 6 forward so if the sens do pull a deal they better not give up Chabot. I could see zbanejad, weircoch, gagne, wikstrand, 2nd and greening for Duchene. You will need to give up more for the avs to absorb greenings contract. But that is still giving up a lot to get something that we don't need. Although Duchene is a great young player and definetly an upgrade over zbanejad and most of all he may get bobby ryan going again.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Lol at the Colorado fan suggesting Hoffman + Zibanejad for Duchene. Both guys outproducing him this year. Its a great trade to make if we want to be worse in the short and long term, though.

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
This seems more like some talkative "insider" in Colorado or even more likely in Ottawa heard a whisper (maybe a Garrioch type), he talked to Dreger who turned that into a sound bite and then Bob Mac kicked the can a few more yards down the road.

Dreger almost walked back all the meaty parts. There are a lot of "may haves" and "maybes" in his story. All he basically says is that from his source Colorado contacted Ottawa some 10 days to 2 weeks ago (he's not even sure when) to inquire about our D to test the waters and Duchene's name might have come up possibly shocking Ottawa. He doesn't even think it went to the point of discussing players. Other pundits, bloggers and local radio hosts ran with the story adding other tidbits about the Sens needing to add Greening to the mix for dollar reasons etc... and others started throwing other possible names around.

I'll conjecture too:
If it ever came to fruition lets not get oversold. I could see a 2 for 1, like Cowen (BM would push for Wier but Col won't bite) and (Prince or Smith or maybe even Pageau) thrown in to open a forward roster spot but that's about it. If BM insists on dumping Greening also to balance long term salaries then the trade parameters would probably have to be expanded.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Tied for 7th in goals for but we need more offense? The sens basically have an offense worthy of being top third in the league. I just dont get it. I think duchene is a game breaker but at the same time i think the sens assets should be spent on a priority.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Chabot's hype is getting a little overboard here. Many people said similar things about both Silf and Rundblad, and neither panned out to the level people were hoping. There are also Filatov, Hodgson, Schenn, Gudbrandson, etc.

I really like what I see in Chabot, but he's still a prospect. Saying he's untouchable is pretty ridiculous.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Chabot's hype is getting a little overboard here. Many people said similar things about both Silf and Rundblad, and neither panned out to the level people were hoping. There are also Filatov, Hodgson, Schenn, Gudbrandson, etc.

I really like what I see in Chabot, but he's still a prospect. Saying he's untouchable is pretty ridiculous.

Rundblad's hype helped us get Turris.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think if BM were to make a deal for Duschene, if he is even available, that they would want a 1st rd pick in the deal plus a good defenseman prospect like Wikstrand or Wiercioch if they want an NHL defenceman & maybe a guy like Prince an up & coming NHL ready prospect scoring winger. I would not give them Zibanejad since that to me is basically an even swap nor would I give them Lazar or Ceci or any other of our good young players. I like Duschene as a 3rd line centre in Ottawa pushing Zibanejad for his 2nd line job. Pageau might have to go the other way too.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

He should be untouchable considering our defense currently sucks and our defensive prospect pool is very thin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad