Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makes Sens

Jun 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Re: Erik Cole,

Has anyone heard how his recovery is going from the injury he had last April? If healthy, wouldn't he be a good replacement for MacArthur on a 1 year deal? I can't find any updates on his recovery anywhere. Does he Makes Sens though?

Last edited by a moderator:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Continue from here.

Posts from last thread:

Kadri will never be on a championship team. To call this kid toxic is an understatement. I wouldn't take that guy on the team for free.

Corey Perry won a Cup. Anything is possible.

Corey Perry is a brilliant hockey player. Huge diff between him and Kadri. Perry is hated on the ice not off it.

Corey Perry is a massive douchemonster... but he always plays the game hard, is a team-first guy, is phenomenally coachable, puts in the work required to be successful, leans on his teammates when necessary, and plays most games like they are playoff games.

None of those things are qualities I can say about Kadri. I can't agree enough about those two players being about as different as two players can be.

Last edited:

BigBush*

is MacArthur out for a long time?

If we do sign Cole, who comes out of the line up, Prince?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
is MacArthur out for a long time?

If we do sign Cole, who comes out of the line up, Prince?

No timtetable set for MacArthur which means we should expect him to be out for quite a while

Signing Cole would be silly, there's no point to it since we have Prince and Puempel

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
Prince has looked really fast out there. He's looked a bit lost but hopefully he can find his groove with more games and better linemates.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If we lose MacArthur and don't bring up puempel it will be a shame.
HST line
Prince zib Ryan
Puempel pageau lazar
Milo smith chiasson.

I think puempel would be better with pageau though

Princes speed can help zibs line

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
If we lose MacArthur and don't bring up puempel it will be a shame.
HST line
Prince zib Ryan
Puempel pageau lazar
Milo smith chiasson.

I think puempel would be better with pageau though

Princes speed can help zibs line

But Prince was sitting before the Mac injury. We don't need Puempel to come up here and sit in the press box for no reason.

I really want to trade Chiasson. He fell down 3 times in 2 shifts after getting bumped last night. Trading him would open a spot for your Puempel suggestion.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
But Prince was sitting before the Mac injury. We don't need Puempel to come up here and sit in the press box for no reason.

I really want to trade Chiasson. He fell down 3 times in 2 shifts after getting bumped last night. Trading him would open a spot for your Puempel suggestion.

My suggestion was under the assumption that Neil does not play much after his thousandth game.

BigBush*

Duschene would be a great addition, if he was available.

I posted in the trade section Zibanejad + Wiercioch + 1st for Duschene

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011

Chiasson played great last night. He looks faster out there this year and he's consistently taking the puck to the net and winning battles along the boards.

I have doubts that Puempel can generate much offence with either Z-bad or Pageau as his center.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Eww, Erik Cole?

Gross. Never been a fan, especially after his "petulant child" routine from the lockout. I'd be happy if I never had to watch that goober suit up in a Sens jersey.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I am all in for trading Zibanejad. I fail to see this guy as being a core piece in a winning team

BigBush*

I am all in for trading Zibanejad. I fail to see this guy as being a core piece in a winning team

Wow, things change around here so quickly.

Only a few months ago everyone was talking about the teams 1C...

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I think our main target should be adding a #1 center to this team that can play with Ryan. I thought Zibanejad would be acceptable as the 2nd line center on this team, but it doesn't look like Ryan is capable of being the primary driver of offense on his line like he was last season. We upgrade on Zibby to a guy who can actually produce offense on his own and we're no longer a one-line team.

Offer up Zibanejad, 2016 1st + another asset or two and that's a package that probably gets teams thinking hard

Potential targets:

Logan Couture - Sharks don't have a 1st this year, maybe downgrading form Couture to Zibby to pick up a 1st and gain cap space and assets is something they'd be interested in

Matt Duchene - struggling early, MacKinnon might make him expendable as they already have a better small one-dimensional centerman playing for their team. Could see them interested in dealing him for a bigger two-way centerman like Zibby + assets

Ryan Nugent Hopkins - if the Oilers continue to struggle changes will have to be made. McDavid is obviously the #1 center of the Oilers going forward, and they have Draisaitl coming through the pipeline as well. Could be the guy dealt to shore up their lack of depth in the organization.

BigBush*

I think our main target should be adding a #1 center to this team that can play with Ryan. I thought Zibanejad would be acceptable as the 2nd line center on this team, but it doesn't look like Ryan is capable of being the primary driver of offense on his line like he was last season. We upgrade on Zibby to a guy who can actually produce offense on his own and we're no longer a one-line team.

Offer up Zibanejad, 2016 1st + another asset or two and that's a package that probably gets teams thinking hard

Potential targets:

Logan Couture - Sharks don't have a 1st this year, maybe downgrading form Couture to Zibby to pick up a 1st and gain cap space and assets is something they'd be interested in

Matt Duchene - struggling early, MacKinnon might make him expendable as they already have a better small one-dimensional centerman playing for their team. Could see them interested in dealing him for a bigger two-way centerman like Zibby + assets

Ryan Nugent Hopkins - if the Oilers continue to struggle changes will have to be made. McDavid is obviously the #1 center of the Oilers going forward, and they have Draisaitl coming through the pipeline as well. Could be the guy dealt to shore up their lack of depth in the organization.

I agree about needing a top end C, I've been talking about it for a few years now. gonna be hard though, I don't see any available

Another interesting target could be Jeff Carter in LA. I could see him being traded if LA struggles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad