Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Mass generalizations are rather moronic. And if certain actions bug you, you can always ignore them. I mean, one could easily sit here, look at your laughable aggrandizing of your own hockey opinions, your frequent condescension of others', and say it's getting old. But frankly, it isn't worth getting worked up over.

Due to lack of overall interest, I'll touch only on your first player: Callahan. Yzerman, a successful NHL GM whose team just made the SCF, just gave Callahan a nice contract. You, a guy who has literally proven zero in the hockey world and does not have one shred of notable success you could allude to at any level, has a different opinion. Rather than blanket statement NYR fans, maybe you should ask Yzerman his feelings on the matter and ask him why he signed Cally.

Maybe also, idk, read the posts across NYR land? Many are suggesting to move KK. Is the suggestion to trade a player your idea of romanticizing the **** out him?

Did anyone say Callahan was a bad player not worthy of a contract?

Callahan is a good hockey player. He was definitely romanticized when he was on the Rangers. Some people literally compared him to Messier. As for the contract, 29 fanbases would agree he's overpaid.

Why don't people understand that you can be good and overrated/overpaid at the same time?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
God you guys love your appeal to authority

It's amazing.

I really hope these people have no opinions that go against this front offices' actions. I mean, are they even qualified, have they even BEEN a GM?!~?!?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Guys, please. I think we've established that everyone here is not a GM. Questioning the validity of others opinions based on front office experience is adding nothing to the conversation.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
That would be an absolutely horrible trade, a 40-50 point puck moving dman for a washed up declining 6M Lucic? what could go wrong?

I'd imagine a lot of salary would be retained since we have Yandle at 2.6 , unless that gets thrown out if moved? Boston had a horrible year offensively last year, Lucic is still very serviceable IMO and a lot of fans were screaming we need a big body who can bang and score some goals. Lucic parked In front on the PP and maybe on a line with Hayes and Nash would be the biggest line in the league, I always liked Lucic .

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I'd imagine a lot of salary would be retained since we have Yandle at 2.6 , unless that gets thrown out if moved? Boston had a horrible year offensively last year, Lucic is still very serviceable IMO and a lot of fans were screaming we need a big body who can bang and score some goals. Lucic parked In front on the PP and maybe on a line with Hayes and Nash would be the biggest line in the league, I always liked Lucic .

Why in the world would Boston retain salary on Lucic when they're in an even worse cap situation than we are?

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
I love hearing that I'm so totally unqualified to make judgments on hockey players, from a person posting on the same hockey forum as me.

Herein lies the difference. I don't make any claims that my opinions on hockey are worth a **** and I certainly don't begrudge others their opinions or belittle them. I am a regional sales manager. I don't proclaim myself any kind of expert on hockey. And I played college hockey in the 80s. Today's game is quite different, and I feel somewhat sure I would have been a crappy coach back then, too. I know I'm nowhere near a qualified expert on the game. It is, however, a hockey board, so I do occasionally toss out my opinion on hockey. I just try to do it with some humility and the recognition that I'm not remotely a qualified expert: I'm just another random person who loves the game. Cheers

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Lucic has been treading downward for the last 3 years, owes a 6M cap hit, who are we losing besides Yandle (in the trade) to afford him?... Stepan?.. Hayes? Kreider?

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Heck, I would love lucic for the playoffs alone, just nowhere near at a 6M cap hit, or at the expense of Yandle.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I think Bobbop has said that, id he hasn't I apologize) that he cant play on the right side, so unless McDonagh or Staal move, that's where he's gonna be.

Well it's either trade Staalsy or move McD to the right side. Staal has a NTC.

No idea what the defensive pairings would be with McD on the right.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yandle - McD
Staal - Boyle
Hunwick/Skjei - Girardi

Klein traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad