2015-2016 Minnesota Wild Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
maybe this has already been disgussed; friday night russo said now that the cap should be 74.5 (i think) they have began to talk contracts with zucker & spurgeon. that was positive news for me.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
maybe this has already been disgussed; friday night russo said now that the cap should be 74.5 (i think) they have began to talk contracts with zucker & spurgeon. that was positive news for me.

NHL said the cap next year would more than likely be in the range of 71.5 to 74.5. Only number reported is the 74.5. With the canadian dollar slipping it'd be a miracle for it to be 74.5.

Why is it automatic that he gets called back up?

Why not keep him in Iowa, help them not be such a dumpster fire, and keep developing him until there is an injury opening?

Not to mention he was out a long time. He needs to knock some rust off and make sure his groin is in solid order. Groin can be fickle.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Why is it automatic that he gets called back up?

Why not keep him in Iowa, help them not be such a dumpster fire, and keep developing him until there is an injury opening?

I just assume, being that he made the team out of camp, and only played one game, that he would be back up.

The "can't lose your spot due to injury" angle.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Off topic but looking at the trade thread from last year for Dubnyk. The responses are hilarious:laugh:. Also some really smart people.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Oh, there will be injuries/bumps here and there right? I'm almost positive he'll play in more games with the NHL club.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If so, that would REALLY suck for him. Make the team out of camp, play one game, get injured, and never come back up. Talk about a bummer.

Well, he should at least re-prove himself at that level first. The "can't lose your spot due to injury" doesn't really apply to guys that have 4 career games IMO. Go to Iowa and throw down a stretch of 20 points in 20 games or something, and he'll find his way back up.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Well, he should at least re-prove himself at that level first. The "can't lose your spot due to injury" doesn't really apply to guys that have 4 career games IMO. Go to Iowa and throw down a stretch of 20 points in 20 games or something, and he'll find his way back up.

Eh, I guess. I just don't think he should have to prove himself twice.

After the conditioning saint, I'd think they owe it to him to give him a shot in the NHL.

But that's just my $0.02

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
It sucks big-time for him, but the groin injuries are tough to project. The Stoll thing buys him time to find his comfort level again. If Graovac plays like he can, maybe Iowa makes a run to get a playoff spot - he gives them two lines that should score. And, if the org liked him enough to roster him earlier this season, he should get another chance soon.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Wild with a great win against a bad team. Loved the effort. They looked like they had a lot of intention.

If Koivu, Parise, Vanek, and Coyle can play like that most games- obviously not scoring 4 points a night- but just play to that level, that is huge. Also, if our PP can even just score once every 5 chances that would be nice.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Also, I just looked and the Wild have the 2nd best in the West and 3rd best overall GA in the league. We are 18th in the league for GF, and 11th in the west.

Our defense has been quite top notch this season, even with a shaky start.

And we have gotten average goaltending at best.

We are tied for 4th in points in the West (with of course 4 of the top 5 being from the Central)

We have the 2nd lowest amount of losses in the league. 5th in wins, 9th in the League. Which REALLY shows how bad we have been in OT.

We are tied for lowest amount of games played in the West (that said it's at most a 3 games in hand difference only)

We have the 3rd best home record in the West. Tied for 6th in the league.

We need to work on our Away record.

We are tied for 8th in the league in points.

12-5-6 / 7-3-4 / 5-2-2 ----that's our record against the West, Central, East. If we win THREE of the SIX OTL's, we have six more points, and are 2nd in the central, 2nd in the West.
Crazy.

So, we are not looking too bad. We just need less rollercoaster hockey. We've been pretty stable the last four games.

Last edited:

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
12-5-6 / 7-3-4 / 5-2-2 ----that's our record against the West, Central, East. If we win THREE of the SIX OTL's, we have six more points, and are 2nd in the central, 2nd in the West.
Crazy.

If we won 3 of the six OTLs, we'd just have 3 more points. You forgot to calculate the point we already earned for the OT + just 1 more for the win (not 2 extra).

Overall, we're in a really good spot. I never look at the standings because of the discrepancies in GP. Instead, I just look at our P%.

Right now we're around a .66 P%, tied with the Rangers for 5th in the league. We're 2nd in the Central and 3rd in the West behind Dallas and LA.

If we can figure out OT though, it'd be really nice to have those couple extra points (and the ROWs).

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
If we won 3 of the six OTLs, we'd just have 3 more points. You forgot to calculate the point we already earned for the OT + just 1 more for the win (not 2 extra).

Overall, we're in a really good spot. I never look at the standings because of the discrepancies in GP. Instead, I just look at our P%.

Right now we're around a .66 P%, tied with the Rangers for 5th in the league. We're 2nd in the Central and 3rd in the West behind Dallas and LA.

If we can figure out OT though, it'd be really nice to have those couple extra points (and the ROWs).

Durp is me :help:

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
Fontaine improves the offense on the bottom 6. He´s pretty good for a third line role.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
After watching the PP during that period when Zach was out, and the games after he returned, it seems much more effective when they rotate TV out to the half wall and let him distribute, or shoot.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
After watching the PP during that period when Zach was out, and the games after he returned, it seems much more effective when they rotate TV out to the half wall and let him distribute, or shoot.

But he is very effective around the net( Koivu's goal, his goal), and has much more mass than Parise to screen the G( Suter's goal).

I would like a PP that is more mobile, though, having them exchanging positions. Parise and Vanek changing back and forth in front of the net would be great... Real headache for defenders. I also like how Dumba moves around back on the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad