Marlies Discussion: 2015-2016 Marlies STACKED Discussion

Chips*

Am I the only one around here so pumped to be able to watch these kids tear up the AHL? (Please help me fill out the line-up, I'm inserting names but unsure of where they would all likely slot in).

Leipsic-Nylander-Kapanen
Leivo-Froese-Brown
Rupert-Verhaeghe/Rupert-Hyman
Manderson-Gauthier-Rodewald

Forwards I didn't know what to do with: Frattin, Soshnikov, Bailey, Carrick.

Defence:

Harrington-Percy
Loov-Granberg
Valiev-Finn

Defencemen I didn't know what to do with: Brennan, Nilsson, Mikkelson.

Goalies:

Bibeau/Sparks/Gibson.

MapleLife*

I want Kapenen to stay in Europe

Need to keep top 6 roles available in the Marlies

mikebel111*

this team will be good

the good return we got from the "player above all the team" Kessel got us 2 good prospects.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I was thinking about that as well. And to think after one draft and spare drafts when we didn't intend to "rebuild" our prospect pool is already really deep.

Nylander, Marner, Kapanen, Brown, Leipsic etc. On top of Rielly already being on the team.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Kapanen came over to play in the AHL (18 years old) at the end of last season. Had a really good playoffs for WBS.

I don't see him not playing on the Marlies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I want Kapenen to stay in Europe

Need to keep top 6 roles available in the Marlies

Naw, I'd rather Kapanen get acclimated to the NA game on a great team and be in a winning environment with guys he'll probably be playing with on the big club going forward.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Apparently Harringtons pairing allowed only 5GA all season. I think hes done ll that he can in the AHL

Chips*

Apparently Harringtons pairing allowed only 5GA all season. I think hes done ll that he can in the AHL

Perhaps, but where would he fit with the Leafs right now? They have Phaneuf (maybe), Rielly, Gardiner, Polak, Robidas, Hunwick, and I feel like Granberg or Percy would likely get the call before he would.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
He;s already been in the AHL last season 5 pts in 7 p/o games - he's AHL material:

Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts
2012-13 KalPa Kuopio SM-liiga 13 4 0 4 2 1 4 0 1 1 2
2013-14 KalPa Kuopio SM-liiga 47 7 7 14 10 -8
2014-15 KalPa Kuopio SM-liiga 41 11 10 21 14 2
2014-15 Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins AHL 4 1 1 2 0 -1 7 3 2 5

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=162338

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
It' gonna be a blast to watch Babcock take who he wants and mold them into his system. Then Keefe will do they same with the Marlies.

I am looking forward to the fall now!

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Could care less for Granberg now, NHL or dump him so we can keep Brennan on the AHL team.

And keep Kapanen over, he's our best true wing prospect right now. He should be developing chemistry with our other top guys

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
Am I the only one around here so pumped to be able to watch these kids tear up the AHL? (Please help me fill out the line-up, I'm inserting names but unsure of where they would all likely slot in).

Leipsic-Nylander-Kapanen
Leivo-Froese-Brown
Rupert-Verhaeghe/Rupert-Hyman
Manderson-Gauthier-Rodewald

Forwards I didn't know what to do with: Frattin, Soshnikov, Bailey, Carrick.

Defence:

Harrington-Percy
Loov-Granberg
Valiev-Finn

Defencemen I didn't know what to do with: Brennan, Nilsson, Mikkelson.

Goalies:

Bibeau/Sparks/Gibson.

I think the AHL only contracts probably get shoved down to the ECHL to let Bailey and Soshnikov get some playing time. I expect Frattin and Carrick to be on the Leafs. The Marlies are probably going to be more exciting to watch than the Leafs next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad