2015/16 Wishlist

Roy S

May 16, 2009
Statically speaking, this is incorrect. And if you have seen the Coyotes GDT'S over the years this would also prove incorrect.

From 2010 to 2013 Yandle was not only NOT a bottom pairing even strength defenseman, he actually led the team in even strength ice time per game.

No, statistically speaking, it is correct. He's been 5th or lower in quality of competition every single season except for one. Plus, he always gets a lot of o zone faceoffs. He gets the easiest minutes on his teams.

I don't consider ice time as a proxy for what pairing someone is on. If you are playing the easiest minutes on the team, then you are a bottom pairing defenseman. Yandle plays the other teams scrubs.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
There's definitely some truth to this. I'm not ever one to say he does not have his flaws, and does not lay some stinkers from time to time.

Based on our conversations to date, I think we both know we are on different ends of the spectrum regarding Yandle. I have seen him many times, you're right, and I know of some of the games you are referencing. But we are talking about an elite, elite offensive player at his position. You look at his production, with his bogus group of forwards, and defensive system, and his ability to create offense is somewhat mind-boggling.

I would tolerate the bad defensive games for what you are getting on the other end of the rink. That is my opinion, and I totally understand if folks wouldn't.

Kronwall has finished top 10 in defensive points for what three years running. Now I know you defend him as a very good D-man often. But do you not also harshly criticize him when he screens the goalie to lose the game?

I don't buy that the honeymoon period would last long for Yandle. But as always I respect your opinion Frk It, I just think after one of the Yandle takes the week off mentally which he does about once a month for a couple straight games guns would be blazing on I don't care if he scores two points in a loss, did you see him try to take the puck from Mrazek and lose his guy do your job.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Kronwall has finished top 10 in defensive points for what three years running. Now I know you defend him as a very good D-man often. But do you not also harshly criticize him when he screens the goalie to lose the game?

I don't buy that the honeymoon period would last long for Yandle. But as always I respect your opinion Frk It, I just think after one of the Yandle takes the week off mentally which he does about once a month for a couple straight games guns would be blazing on I don't care if he scores two points in a loss, did you see him try to take the puck from Mrazek and lose his guy do your job.

Yeah, it would probably be similar. Some frustrating games that get you fired up in the moment, but you appreciate the guy overall.

Kronwall I have all the respect for in the world, I actually am dying to get that guy some help. I think you probably are too, by your willing to even part with the 1st this year and all.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah, it would probably be similar. Some frustrating games that get you fired up in the moment, but you appreciate the guy overall.

Kronwall I have all the respect for in the world, I actually am dying to get that guy some help. I think you probably are too, by your willing to even part with the 1st this year and all.

I want to make a tangible move toward fixing the defense right now. Ideally it would fit with the younger core group. But either way I want some upgrades on the back-end.

I like our pool of prospects and don't share the same sense of attachment to these draft picks because of that right now. I appreciate the position of those that think it is a danger, I am just comfortable moving it. We need some answers on the back-end to get back to being a legitimate threat to win it all. I don't do that for one last kick at the can for Zetterberg and Datsyuk, I think we can buy on defense without doing incredible harm to our future as well. I hope we find a way.

Still very happy with the future build and the young talent we do have. This off-season through next trade deadline demand some other answers though and I hope Holland can find them. Kronwall could use the help, so could all the guys in that dressing room. Go get a D-man for them and dump Q for picks, I really hope we find a way to do that.

Smith gets his final chance, I think he will be better. Ideally we land Green, even then we could add other things though I think Marchenko, Jensen and Ouellet are ready to run. We just need another piece, if it comes by trade or free agency I don't care, but I think parting with the first this year is a big part of making it happen without just merely wishing Mike Green picks us.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I want to make a tangible move toward fixing the defense right now. Ideally it would fit with the younger core group. But either way I want some upgrades on the back-end.

I like our pool of prospects and don't share the same sense of attachment to these draft picks because of that right now. I appreciate the position of those that think it is a danger, I am just comfortable moving it. We need some answers on the back-end to get back to being a legitimate threat to win it all. I don't do that for one last kick at the can for Zetterberg and Datsyuk, I think we can buy on defense without doing incredible harm to our future as well. I hope we find a way.

Still very happy with the future build and the young talent we do have. This off-season through next trade deadline demand some other answers though and I hope Holland can find them. Kronwall could use the help, so could all the guys in that dressing room. Go get a D-man for them and dump Q for picks, I really hope we find a way to do that.

Smith gets his final chance, I think he will be better. Ideally we land Green, even then we could add other things though I think Marchenko, Jensen and Ouellet are ready to run. We just need another piece, if it comes by trade or free agency I don't care, but I think parting with the first this year is a big part of making it happen without just merely wishing Mike Green picks us.

What's with the mike green love? He sucks
There is no chance holland goes after Mike Green

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad