2015/16 Wishlist

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
To avoid the bitter feelings from this (very) recent defeat, what are your wishlists for this team on opening night of the 2015/16 season?

You can do what you want obviously, but I'll limit mine to what I think is actually reasonable to expect:

HC: Jeff Blashill

Helm-Datsyuk-Tatar
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader
Jurco-Sheahan-Pulkkinen
Miller-Glendening-Ferraro
Andersson
Callahan

Kronwall-Green
Phaneuf-DeKeyser
Ericsson-Marchenko
Ouellet

Mrazek
Howard (I think they go into training camp with the starting position up for grabs)

LTIR: Franzen ("retirement")

Weiss, Smith, prospect + 1st 2016 for Phaneuf.

Kindl traded for scraps to whoever will take him.

EDIT: Forgot about Ericsson.

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
One proactive and creative general manager. That should incorporate pretty much any subsequent suggestions.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Ericsson gone
Kindl gone
Quincey gone
Smith gone

Replace that trash with good defenseman.

Trade Howard if you plan to start Mrazek next season. Howard better not be on the roster for opening night if he isn't your starter.

I am pretty content with the forward group. Assuming of course Dan Cleary isn't brought back to fix the toilets.

Ohh and fire Ken Holland and replace him with anyone or anything.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
One proactive and creative general manager. That should incorporate pretty much any subsequent suggestions.

Yeah, same.

Anything I ask for in this thead, I already know I'm not getting.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Ericsson gone
Kindl gone
Quincey gone
Smith gone

Replace that trash with good defenseman.

Trade Howard if you plan to start Mrazek next season. Howard better not be on the roster for opening night if he isn't your starter.

I am pretty content with the forward group. Assuming of course Dan Cleary isn't brought back to fix the toilets.

Ohh and fire Ken Holland and replace him with anyone or anything.

Quincey actually played well this year there is no reason to get rid of him.

J-Swift

Jan 5, 2006
Any improvement over this season starts with the defence. The Kronwall-Ericsson experiment has failed. Dump Ericsson, Smith, and let Zidlicky walk:

Kronwall - Literally Anyone Else
Dekeyser - Quincey
Ouellet - Marchenko

The Wings aren't going to have a top defence corps for some time, but they need guys who can play smart and move the puck.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario

Yes, please.

It's hopeless. Datsyuk and Zetterberg another year older, more injury prone. Teams simply do not win the Cup with their core players in their 30's (excluding the stacked 01-02 team). It's a fact that should be obvious enough to anyone with the wherewithal to look at all the Cup winning rosters.

The team is just going to keep getting worse until it finally all falls apart. It's a painfully slow decline and frustrating as hell.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Upgrade blue line.
-Kindl, Quincey/Ericsson, Zidlicky
+UFA/trade, Ouellet/Marchenko

forwards:
-Cole, Cleary, Andersson
+Pulkkinen
-Less TOI and less offensive zone starts for Glendening for the love of god.
Helm out of top 6 please.

-Babcock
+Blashill

That's it for now.

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
Marchenko full time.

A new top 4 defenseman.

Mrazek starting.

Less stubborness/favoritism from whoever is the head coach.

Actual shedding of players who won't be played instead of keeping them for depth.

Not burying or waiving any young players out of loyalty to someone who will be healthy scratched all year.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Wishlist?

Tank hard and actually rebuild the team instead of living with first round exits and think it means something.

Hckytwn

Don't do it Kenny...
Jul 9, 2010
Seattle, WA
I know people are still upset, but damn those are some brutal wish lists in here. I know this has to be an extreme exaggeration by some of you.

Just curious, but what do you think the "extreme exaggerations" are? Many of the complaints above were voiced well before the playoffs began, some going back to last season.

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300
I know people are still upset, but damn those are some brutal wish lists in here. I know this has to be an extreme exaggeration by some of you.

Agreed. I'm more frustrated with Holland than I am with Babcock. Mike can only coach what Ken lays out for him.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Kindl and Ericsson gone, for starters. Hell, replace them with a couple of 80 year old pylons.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Mike Green!

Also like Jeff Petry a lot.

The Phaneuf trade should also be explored in full, if they will take a 2016 draft pick I am game with including that.

We cannot enter next season with remotely the same looking D-core.

Jeff Blashill or Todd McLellan behind the bench.

Would like to dump Q for a 2nd or 3rd.

Kindl needs to be moved if they can do it but I doubt it.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Mike Green!

Also like Jeff Petry a lot.

The Phaneuf trade should also be explored in full, if they will take a 2016 draft pick I am game with including that.

We cannot enter next season with remotely the same looking D-core.

Prepare to be disappointed bud.

YostisHome

Wet Bandits
May 7, 2010
Quincey actually played well this year there is no reason to get rid of him.

Amazing how many people on here do not realize this. Coming from someone who use to hate his guts, I thought he was damn good for us start to finish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad