2015-16 Standings Predictions

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Good preview from the west. I could see Windsor being 7th but I could also see them 8th or out of the playoffs. As you said the D/goaltending and I am still bearish whether they can score enough to compensate for those areas in question because with the loss of Murphy they will get very little offense from the blueline.

West
1 London
2 Soo
3 Kitchener
4 Saginaw
5 Sarnia
6 Erie
7 Owen Sound
8 Windsor
9 Guelph
10 Flint

In the East I expect Niagara to be up there, Ottawa should be very competitive. Still think Oshawa/NB will be good as well.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
my question is even though Belle/Ham finished 7th in the east you think they are ready to go top 2-3 in east conference already or is it being they will do well because of M.Strome

Well, I think the fact that the team being still fully intact from the draft helps makes a case. Granted the loss of Subban is going to be felt though. There is some addition through subtraction (IE: Other key high talent players who have left the league on other teams) at work, and something to be said of somewhat improved facilities aiding in development.

I think the team has some size, but I think a 4-6 spot is more realistic.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Pretty much time to bring this back and those with a crystal ball can start bragging about their picks. Surprised at the number of posters that picked Kingston to finish at or near the bottom , I suppose you could put that to the majority of posters on this forum follow western conference teams maybe ?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits

Good preview from the west. I could see Windsor being 7th but I could also see them 8th or out of the playoffs. As you said the D/goaltending and I am still bearish whether they can score enough to compensate for those areas in question because with the loss of Murphy they will get very little offense from the blueline.

West
1 London
2 Soo
3 Kitchener
4 Saginaw
5 Sarnia
6 Erie
7 Owen Sound
8 Windsor
9 Guelph
10 Flint

In the East I expect Niagara to be up there, Ottawa should be very competitive. Still think Oshawa/NB will be good as well.

Really missed on Windsor,most improved team in the O,no problems scoring ,5th most goals in the league,no problems on the D and goaltending, 6th best defensive average and that's including 10 empty netters against,otherwise 5th as well defense overall,only team in league to go with 2 rookie tenders,huge improvement from Chatfield,Stanley and Burns on the D,add in Sergachev and as I predicted he along with Dipietro would be impactful. Team has not appeared to have missed Trevor Murphy.
Disappointing season from Saginaw in the West,ditto Niagara in the East.
Hounds were never close to 1st in the division, Flint previously Plymouth only team of 4 who missed the playoffs last season that did not improve,Windsor and Mississauga really have gotten better,and Sudbury has gotten better but they need to do more.
Predicting standings is not easy, so many unpredictable things can and do occur.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
WEST

1. Sarnia
2. Sault Ste. Marie
3. Windsor
4. Saginaw
5. Flint

MIDWEST

1. London
2. Kichener
3. Erie
4. Guelph
5. Owen Sound

CENTRAL

1. Niagara
2. North Bay
3. Mississauga
4. Barrie
5. Sudbury

EAST

1. Ottawa
2. Hamilton
3. Peterborough
4. Oshawa
5. Kingston

I did alright in the Western Conference, not so much in the Eastern Conference.

In the West, who would have guessed that McCann would have made the Canucks and then add in Christian Fischer to Windsor's lineup and there's your split.

In the Midwest, I still think London is the best team there but the top 3 are pretty close. I knew Guelph wouldn't be very good but how can you bet against 20+ years off playoff appearances?

My Central was not great. Niagara is an enigma this year and, based on the roster, should be battling for tops in the east. Barrie I fully admit missing that one. I really thought they wouldn't be as good as they are.

In the East, who Saw Kingston leading the way. A team that underachieved last year, got blown out in the 1st round of the playoffs and no Sam Bennett. I thought they would be hovering around .500 before they sold off their good players that were in their last year in the OHL and ultimately miss the playoffs....oops. Im very surprised and quite happy to see what they've done.
Ottawa, I way overestimated them, they just don't have a good defence. And Hamilton, not sure what I was thinking there lol, maybe a little hometown bias

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
East:
BARRIE
Niagara
PETES
Ottawa
North Bay
Kingston
Hamilton
Miss
Sudbury
Oshawa

West:
LONDON
Kitchener
SARNIA
Owen Sound
Erie
Saginaw
Soo
Windsor
Flint
Guelph

I thought that deadline buyers/sellers would alter the middle teams; now, I know that I was just way off

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Since last year's prediction thread was made in July, I suppose this isn't way too early. I'll take a stab at the West.

1 - London Knights
2 - Erie Otters
3 - Soo Greyhounds
4 - Sarnia Sting
5 - Kitchener Rangers
6 - Saginaw Spirit
7 - Windsor Spitfires
8 - Owen Sound Attack
9 - Guelph Storm
10 - Flint Firebirds

EDIT: Erie and SSM should be swapped for the division winners rule.

Obviously a lot can happen between now and the start of the season, but it's all in good fun.

- Hit on the fact that London and Erie would be top two in points
- Hit on the bottom two teams
- Hit on 4 of the top 5...
- Missed on Windsor
- Overrated the Soo

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Really missed on Windsor,most improved team in the O,no problems scoring ,5th most goals in the league,no problems on the D and goaltending, 6th best defensive average and that's including 10 empty netters against,otherwise 5th as well defense overall,only team in league to go with 2 rookie tenders,huge improvement from Chatfield,Stanley and Burns on the D,add in Sergachev and as I predicted he along with Dipietro would be impactful. Team has not appeared to have missed Trevor Murphy.
Disappointing season from Saginaw in the West,ditto Niagara in the East.
Hounds were never close to 1st in the division, Flint previously Plymouth only team of 4 who missed the playoffs last season that did not improve,Windsor and Mississauga really have gotten better,and Sudbury has gotten better but they need to do more.
Predicting standings is not easy, so many unpredictable things can and do occur.

I'm looking for your predictions in this thread and I can't find one. Still trying to pick fights?

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
- Hit on the fact that London and Erie would be top two in points
- Hit on the bottom two teams
- Hit on 4 of the top 5...
- Missed on Windsor
- Overrated the Soo

Wow good job with the Erie hunch. That was probably the toughest one people missed on.
I myself thought the greyhounds would struggle. They lost such key players and a coaching staff. They also weren't going to be able to trade and make themselves any better

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Since last year's prediction thread was made in July, I suppose this isn't way too early. I'll take a stab at the West.

1 - London Knights
2 - Erie Otters
3 - Soo Greyhounds
4 - Sarnia Sting
5 - Kitchener Rangers
6 - Saginaw Spirit
7 - Windsor Spitfires
8 - Owen Sound Attack
9 - Guelph Storm
10 - Flint Firebirds

EDIT: Erie and SSM should be swapped for the division winners rule.

Obviously a lot can happen between now and the start of the season, but it's all in good fun.

Don't think a single person didn't predict London to finish first.

Since the standings are finalized...I didn't hit on any position but I did get the general gist of the standings - London/Erie at the top, Guelph/Flint at the bottom, Sarnia/Kitchener both in the top 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad