2015-16 Standings Predictions

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Since last year's prediction thread was made in July, I suppose this isn't way too early. I'll take a stab at the West.

1 - London Knights
2 - Erie Otters
3 - Soo Greyhounds
4 - Sarnia Sting
5 - Kitchener Rangers
6 - Saginaw Spirit
7 - Windsor Spitfires
8 - Owen Sound Attack
9 - Guelph Storm
10 - Flint Firebirds

EDIT: Erie and SSM should be swapped for the division winners rule.

Obviously a lot can happen between now and the start of the season, but it's all in good fun.

Last edited:

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
1. London Knights
2. SSM Greyhounds
3. Erie Otters
4. Sarnia Sting
5. Saginaw Spirit
6. Kitchener Rangers
7. Windsor Spitfires
8. Guelph Storm
9. Owen Sound Attack
10. Flint Firebirds

1. Niagara Ice Dogs
2. Ottawa 67's
3. Barrie Colts
4. Hamilton Bulldogs
5. Oshawa Generals
6. North Bay Battalion
7. Peterborough Petes
8. Kingston Frontenacs
9. Sudbury Wolves
10. Mississauga Steelheads

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
West:

London
Sarnia
Kitchener
Erie
Saginaw
The Soo
Windsor
Guelph
OS
Flint

East (this is going to be VERY wrong but I'll take a stab at it):

Niagara
Ottawa
North Bay
Hamilton
Peterbourough
Sudbury
Barrie
Missy
Oshawa
Kingston

From Up Top

Apr 30, 2010
Based on how things are shaping up...

West
1. London
2. Sarnia
3. Erie
4. Soo
5. Kitchener
6. Windsor
7. Saginaw
8. Owen Sound
9. Guelph
10. Flint

East
1. Niagara
2. Hamilton
3. Ottawa
4. North Bay
5. Barrie
6. Peterborough
7. Sudbury
8. Oshawa
9. Mississauga
10. Kingston

At this point the battles for 1st in the East and West Divisions is looking to be a lot of fun, but Niagara and London might be the teams to beat this season.

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
London
Soo
Erie
Sarnia
Kitchener
Saginaw
Windsor
Guelph
Owen Sound
Flint

Niagara
Ottawa
Hamilton
North Bay
Barrie
Peterborough
Oshawa
Sudbury
Mississauga
Kingston

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
East -

1. Niagara
2. Hamilton
3. Ottawa
4. Peterborough
5. Barrie
6. North Bay
7. Oshawa
8. Sudbury
9. Mississauga
10. Kingston

Don't really know the West all that well but the one prediction I will make ->

1. London

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
my question is even though Belle/Ham finished 7th in the east you think they are ready to go top 2-3 in east conference already or is it being they will do well because of M.Strome

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
WEST

1. Sarnia
2. Sault Ste. Marie
3. Windsor
4. Saginaw
5. Flint

MIDWEST

1. London
2. Kichener
3. Erie
4. Guelph
5. Owen Sound

CENTRAL

1. Niagara
2. North Bay
3. Mississauga
4. Barrie
5. Sudbury

EAST

1. Ottawa
2. Hamilton
3. Peterborough
4. Oshawa
5. Kingston

PLAYOFFS

West
#1. London vs. #8. Guelph
#2. Sarnia vs. #7. Erie
#3. Kitchener vs. #6. Saginaw
#4. S.S. Marie vs. #5. Windsor

East
#1. Niagara vs. #8. Oshawa
#2. Ottawa vs. #7. Barrie
#3. Hamilton vs. #6. Mississauga
#4. Peterborough vs. #5. North Bay

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
my question is even though Belle/Ham finished 7th in the east you think they are ready to go top 2-3 in east conference already or is it being they will do well because of M.Strome

I like some of their core players. I really like Laishram, Candella, Lemcke, Saigeon and Luff. Really good young players who will only get better with more time.. Increased roles for those guys will results in more wins IMO.

Biggest challenge for Hamilton this year will be replacing Subbans offensive production.

From Up Top

Apr 30, 2010

The East Division to me is wide open, and with the goaltending of Graham and the returning core, the Bulldogs have a lot of promise, but will be in tough competition with Ottawa who will get a big season from Konecny if the Flyers return him.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I agree with Flint being last in the East, but really think Saginaw will be very much improved and is being a bit over-looked.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
My take on the east. I'm ranking by total points as I know for playoff rankings Niagara and Barrie can't be seeds #1,2.

1-Niagara
2-Barrie
3-Ottawa
4-North Bay
5-Hamilton
6-Petes
7-Kingston
8-Missy
9-Oshawa
10-Sudbury

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
East:
1. Niagara
2. Ottawa
3. Barrie
4. Hamilton
5. North Bay
6. Peterborough
7. Kingston
8. Mississauga
9. Oshawa
10. Sudbury

West:
1. London
2. Sault Ste Marie
3. Kitchener
4. Owen Sound
5. Sarnia
6. Erie
7. Saginaw
8. Windsor
9. Guelph
10. Flint

Last edited:

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
East:
1. Niagara
2. Ottawa
3. Barrie
4. Hamilton
5. Barrie
6. Peterborough
7. Kingston
8. Mississauga
9. Oshawa
10. Sudbury

West:
1. London
2. Sault Ste Marie
3. Kitchener
4. Owen Sound
5. Sarnia
6. Erie
7. Saginaw
8. Windsor
9. Guelph
10. Flint

You've got Barrie listed twice.

MrCheapGuy

Oct 16, 2014
Not even close. I can't believe that you think that a rookie can carry a team all the way from 7th to 2nd-3rd. Is the entire fan base in Hamilton this naive?

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Just curious...is this a homer pick or do you feel Kitchener has improved that much in the off season to compete for the Conference? I haven't been keeping tabs.

Rangers are an older team with an NHL coaching staff. Something they haven't had in years. If Opilka turns into the goalie I think he will and some timely trades Kitchener could surprise this season. Banners are hung at the end of the season. This is a different prediction than most. Like a horse race. It's win, place or show. There are always surprises when different teams step up that were not expected. Rangers could finish last. A lot depends on what this coaching staff brings to the table.

Rangers are an older team with an NHL coaching staff. Something they haven't had in years. If Opilka turns into the goalie I think he will and some timely trades Kitchener could surprise this season. Banners are hung at the end of the season. This is a different prediction than most. Like a horse race. It's win, place or show. There are always surprises when different teams step up that were not expected. Rangers could finish last. A lot depends on what this coaching staff brings to the table.

Fair enough and it was an honest inquiry on my part. I really haven't paid attention to what's been happening outside of London, you know..with the weekly press conferences and all ;)

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Fair enough and it was an honest inquiry on my part. I really haven't paid attention to what's been happening outside of London, you know..with the weekly press conferences and all ;)
Phyler you are as sly as a fox. I doubt the Rangers will finish first. Just put that in there to add some zip to the summer doldrums. Most of us are just hoping to get back to something that resembles the old Deboer or maybe a stretch "Brian Bellow's" days.
London is building up quite a squad. If they get some sharp goal tending they should be able to make a huge run. Not sure of the defense. But no team in the CHL has the credentials London has right now. Players want to come there. It's a proto type for how franchises should operate. If you are successful in development at this stage players want to be part of that effort. Development is the key word.

Last edited by a moderator:

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
. But no team in the CHL has the credentials London has right now. Players want to come there. It's a proto type for how franchises should operate. If you are successful in development at this stage players want to be part of that effort. Development is the key word.

I beg to differ on this point; Kelowna Rockets are every bit as great a team/ organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad